NWA Airbus Accident in NYC at LGA

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Early this morning Northwest had an Airbus taxiing into the gate at LGA and rammed right into it. Nose gear collapsed, heard 2 injured. the wing hit a parked 757 sitting at the gate to its left and cut a big gouge just above the flag. Don''t have anymore particulars but it looked awful.

Had friends call me from the the USAirways Shuttle gates who saw it as well. Said it looked like a mess.

There is little detail available at the moment. The damage to the A319 is said to be severe.

[link]http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3601979.html[/link]

Actually this A319 looks better than the A320 that went off-roading and downhill in LAS. Someone stated that Airbus flew in people and a Guppy to fix it so they will probably do the same here.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/21/2003 5:21:56 AM coolflyingfool wrote:

Someone stated that Airbus flew in people and a Guppy to fix it so they will probably do the same here.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'd pay good money to see the Guppy trying to takeoff and land at LGA...

eolesen wrote

"I'd pay good money to see the guppy trying to takeoff and land at LGA"

Well actually the Beluga was in LGA about 2 years ago to bring in an
elevator for a damaged Air Canada A320.
It landed on runway 4 easily and departed 2 days later using less than
4500 feet of 7000 feet long runway 13 in front of several hunderd
amazed onlookers. Very impressive site.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/21/2003 5:21:56 AM coolflyingfool wrote:

Actually this A319 looks better than the A320 that went off-roading and downhill in LAS. Someone stated that Airbus flew in people and a Guppy to fix it so they will probably do the same here.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Seeing the A320 at LAS firsthand, this one is 3X as bad at least...from what I hear the plane may be scrapped entirely.

Does anyone know the status of the mechanics that were taxiiing this aircraft?
I was told by a couple of people that they have it on the cockpit voice recorder that they were goofing off and were quoted as saying: "let's scare the ramp guys!"

Does anyone know the status of the mechanics that were taxiiing this aircraft?
I was told by a couple of people that they have it on the cockpit voice recorder that they were goofing off and were quoted as saying: "let's scare the ramp guys!"
I would guess immediate termination is in order if that's the case...can the union really defend something like this?[/quote]
AMFA AMT's? Destroyed one aircraft and damaged another loaded with passengers? Destroyed a jetbridge and a tug? No, not the mighty AMFA Boys.

AMFA AMT's? Destroyed one aircraft and damaged another loaded with passengers? Destroyed a jetbridge and a tug? No, not the mighty AMFA Boys.

No not the mighty "AMFA Boys". Just two idiotic mechanics represented by AMFA who (I believe) were fired and sound like they are roughly the same caliber of person as many of the SCABS that crossed the picket line.

No not the mighty "AMFA Boys". Just two idiotic mechanics represented by AMFA who (I believe) were fired and sound like they are roughly the same caliber of person as many of the SCABS that crossed the picket line.
You guys need to make your mind up. If you belong to the union you automatically receive magical powers to perform maintenance on aircraft, are you now saying there are idiots in the unions? Where is the "SOLIDARITY"?