NWA Gate Agents

Ken, I am so glad you came out of the closet. I do wish others would follow your lead. I look forward to your posts as much as I do the Princess'. I erode nothing but I am helping fill in the washouts unions leave behind. As far as complaining about non-reving you are wrong on that issue as well, I am simply addressing the issue.

Glad you look forward to my posts. I certainly do not feel the same towards yours. Every time you attempt to repair an aircraft you ERODE my craft.

"I know you guys think that we Scabs are a bunch of riff-raff individuals but when we do come together we are a force to be recond with."

Okay, after this quote from you I do look forward to your posts. You could add up all the abilitities of all the SCABS and they wouldn't fill the head of a pin. You see, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & INTEGRITY are the basis for which the AMT craft is based upon. And not one SCAB possesses these traits. Just something to think about while all the SCABS sit in the terminal waiting to non-rev.

Curious as to why this thread is still open.
Not a bit of fresh information (or even rhetoric).
Not even entertaining......

Curious as to why you think this post has helped any at all? Curious to know if you prefer seniority non-rev or first come first serve non-rev? Curious to know when was the last time you non-revved? Curious to know if you think you are entertaining? I’m just curious.

I look forward to your posts as much as I do the Princess'. I erode nothing but I am helping fill in the washouts unions leave behind. As far as complaining about non-reving you are wrong on that issue as well, I am simply addressing the issue.

PTO, you are a "washout" that's why you're a SCAB! You couldn't get an airline job legitimently because you were unqualified in mechanical apptitude and/or mental defects. NWA airlines really scraped the bottom of the barrel when they got you on their payroll.

Curious to know if you prefer seniority non-rev or first come first serve non-rev?
I think the seniority method is a little more practical, and it makes it easier to plan your non-rev trip. If you know pretty much down to the last few seats who is going to get on the flight, then it saves a lot of time and effort for those below the cutoff, as they can just take themselves off the list and try a different flight altogether.

As far as your concern about CSA's issuing boarding passes out of priority/seniority order to stick it to the mechanics. I think the way you're handling it is likely the only way anything will be accomplished, and if the problem persists, I hope you guys are able to nail the persons responsible. It would be very easy to determine from the PARS data if there was foul play, and PARS even includes the employee two letter sine that can be traced back to the person that was working that flight. I'm sure the Pass Bureau would be more than helpful in helping you accumulate the necessary documentation and in getting your complaint into the right hands.

Curious to know if you prefer seniority non-rev or first come first serve non-rev? Curious to know when was the last time you non-revved?

I prefer seniority based. The only thing I would change is to implement/enforce the 24 hour cutoff for listing (we used to do this when NW actually served food, so they could at least try to plan accordingly). There's nothing more annoying than seeing where you are on the list and then the next time you check, everyone has suddenly changed their boarding class to a 3, or higher (the worst is when a name that was previously a 3 or 5 is now a "2." What? Suddenly the trip became business?!).

You asked in another thread when the last time I non-revved was, so I looked it up; May '05 out-and-back to MSP. Prior to that was Aug. '04, same routing.

I think the seniority method is a little more practical, and it makes it easier to plan your non-rev trip. If you know pretty much down to the last few seats who is going to get on the flight, then it saves a lot of time and effort for those below the cutoff, as they can just take themselves off the list and try a different flight altogether.

I don't mean first come first serve at the gate but on the waitlist. For example if I know that I am going to be taking vacation two weeks out I can go ahead and list for the flight I need. Lets say this puts me number one on the list. Now all I have to worry about is a different class getting ahead of me. This way when its eighteen hours before the flight I don't have to worry about twenty people of the same class all of the sudden popping up on the list.

I prefer seniority based. The only thing I would change is to implement/enforce the 24 hour cutoff for listing (we used to do this when NW actually served food, so they could at least try to plan accordingly). There's nothing more annoying than seeing where you are on the list and then the next time you check, everyone has suddenly changed their boarding class to a 3, or higher (the worst is when a name that was previously a 3 or 5 is now a "2." What? Suddenly the trip became business?!).

You asked in another thread when the last time I non-revved was, so I looked it up; May '05 out-and-back to MSP. Prior to that was Aug. '04, same routing.
The twenty-four hour cutoff would help immensely. It sounds like a good idea whether they are serving food or not. Did they get rid of it just because they quit serving food? I have not paid that close attention to see names with changed classes. That is indeed bogus and an abuse of the system. It definitely erodes the moral of the employees getting screwed. I know that there is not a perfect system but it appears that NWA's is seriously flawed.

I don't think it was ever a "mandate," per se. More of a stern request, that more often than not, went ignored.

I worked at an airline that some gate agent took requests for special meals although it states 24 hrs in advance reservation. That causes a delay, sometimes 20 or more min. Depending on what, sometimes the caterer has to make that 1 extra meal- from the salad to the entree. Nothing instant about it.

Don't think I ever saw NW wait on a special meal.

Curious as to why you think this post has helped any at all? Curious to know if you prefer seniority non-rev or first come first serve non-rev? Curious to know when was the last time you non-revved? Curious to know if you think you are entertaining? I’m just curious.

(sigh) actually I sorta admired your courage in previous posts but now that you've blown a gasket I think I'll bump this up so I can be entertained by your further beatings which are sure to follow.....

To answer your questions: yes, no, never, don't care.

I'm beginning to like that nwa agent who dissed you.

(sigh) actually I sorta admired your courage in previous posts but now that you've blown a gasket I think I'll bump this up so I can be entertained by your further beatings which are sure to follow.....

To answer your questions: yes, no, never, don't care.

I'm beginning to like that nwa agent who dissed you.
"step aside please, NEXT!"

Yes, I am sure that it has but has there been a concerted effort to put an end to it? Documentation is everything, it null and voids the he said she said issue. It is a very simple concept that can bring an end to this.

You are at the gate and it is time for the non-revers to begin boarding you are number four on the list but six others board ahead of you. When you get on the plane or get bumped simply call the zone and have a current waitlist pulled to see where you stood on the waitlist. If it coincides with the boarding fine, if it doesn't then the mechanic at the zone prints a flight manifest and a preprinted complaint letter and fills in the blanks then makes a copy for our records and turns the other over to management. When we have collected a good amount of these we will then send the lot to HR. With the number of mechanics and family members non-reving I do not think it will take long to create a "stink" at the upper levels of management.

I know you guys think that we Scabs are a bunch of riff-raff individuals but when we do come together we are a force to be recond with. Just a few days after the strike the contract houses tried to back peddle on our first bonus. At our next meeting in the conference room with a NWA Rep present we brought the issue up. The contract house was blindsided like you wouldn't believe. We were ready to walk right then and there. The contract house had lost all control of the meeting and the NWA Rep had to take over. He assured us that we would be getting our bonuses the following payday. That Friday we had our bonuses in hand. AMFA disregarded the Scabs as if we were nothing. The contract house disregarded us, I suggest you guys pay attention or you will learn as they did.

You work for an airline that is bankrupt and you are making an issue out of non-reving? May I suggest that you re-evaluate your priorities because you obviously have them mixed up.

Curious as to why this thread is still open.

Not a bit of fresh information (or even rhetoric).

Not even entertaining......
you know you are right. I started to think this scab posting was funny but it's on the borderline of stupidity and horsesh!t. not bullsh!t, or apesh!t, but pure horsesh!t.

you know you are right. I started to think this scab posting was funny but it's on the borderline of stupidity and horsesh!t. not bullsh!t, or apesh!t, but pure horsesh!t.

Fear not, Jenny. There's plenty of other informative posters/topics here. You just gotta look past PTO's inane ramblings.....

Back