Nwa On Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mach85ER said:
Garfield, when it comes to scabs, the popular image thrown about is a hardworking american looking for a break so he can buy his Tiny Tim a new set of crutches. The ones I've come across are generally opportunistic untrustworthy liars, none who'd I ever trust in a flight crew enviroment to do anything but save their own skin and blame their screwups on others.

Pretty much same here. I have known several mechs that were Eastern scabs. Not good people and not good mechs. Just lying cheating opportunists. Always avoided them to avoid taking their blame.

Mach85ER said:
Garfield, when it comes to scabs, the popular image thrown about is a hardworking american looking for a break so he can buy his Tiny Tim a new set of crutches. I've never seen this person. The ones I've come across are generally opportunistic untrustworthy liars, none who'd I ever trust in a flight crew enviroment to do anything but save their own skin and blame their screwups on others.
[post="290927"][/post]​

Sound like John Q public to me. I know plenty of folks who would not think twice about crossing a line. Hell, I'm one of them and damn proud of it. I will make my own decision about what I think is proper and right. I sure as heck would not leave that choice up to some union head puke who is interested in my well being about as much as corporate america is. Please. You want to strike by all means go ahead, but don’t think for a minute that you can tell me what to do.

I personally do not care who or what the replacement workers are. It's a free country and they may do as they choose. I know an AA FA who crossed the line. Met her on a flight she was working and she is one of the best damn FA's I've met. I would not think twice about placing my saftey in her hands.

BTW the 'you' is the general you, not you specifically.

Garfield1966 said:
Sound like John Q public to me.  I know plenty of folks who would not think twice about crossing a line.  Hell, I'm one of them and damn proud of it.  I will make my own decision about what I think is proper and right.  I sure as heck would not leave that choice up to some union head puke who is interested in my well being about as much as corporate america is.  Please.  You want to strike by all means go ahead, but don’t think for a minute that you can tell me what to do.

I personally do not care who or what the replacement workers are.  It's a free country and they may do as they choose.  I know an AA FA who crossed the line.  Met her on a flight she was working and she is one of the best damn FA's I've met. I would not think twice about placing my saftey in her hands.

BTW the 'you' is the general you, not you specifically.
[post="291481"][/post]​

Nothing else needs to be spoken about your character.

You sum it up pretty well.

Garfield1966 said:
I know an AA FA who crossed the line.  Met her on a flight she was working and she is one of the best damn FA's I've met. I would not think twice about placing my saftey in her hands.

You might want to stay off Northwest until some of this settles out. There is some scary maintenance going on over there. By scary people with scary histories.

The NW scabs are not NW employees who crossed the line. They are the dregs, culls and rejects of the employment market for aircraft maintenance.

Think twice about placing your safety in their hands.

I know this is probably true. The problem is that the flying public does not look at stuff like this. Generally speaking, the public is concerned with the cost of fares and will fly on a pelican if it would get them to there destination cheaply. Union members are pretty much on their own. They have to do what is best for their careers and for the career in the future and they can do this within legal means. But, the public doesn't care about that these are legal means. They are concerned only with their own situation and what it will cost them.

I have to say that I am very concerned for these NW mechanics. I hope that the tide will turn and eventually the MEL lists will become so overwhelming that these planes will have to be grounded. I would think we might see this start to happen in a couple of weeks.

I am disgusted that there are former union (brothers/sisters) contract workers who have chosen to cross a legal picket line.

Garfield 1966,

My wife is an AA FA for 19 years, and I am a 20 year employee as well. Being a scab has nothing to do with how hard they work. It speaks to the character of the individuals who choose to scab. The hard work of your scab friend had zero effect on the contract that was achieved by the AA FAs. She is benefitting from the sacrifice of the FAs that remained unified. Your pal might as well have spit in their faces. Scabs are back stabbers - not to be trusted - one way mo foes.

Vortilon said:
Garfield 1966,

My wife is an AA FA for 19 years, and I am a 20 year employee as well. Being a scab has nothing to do with how hard they work. It speaks to the character of the individuals who choose to scab. The hard work of your scab friend had zero effect on the contract that was achieved by the AA FAs. She is benefitting from the sacrifice of the FAs that remained unified. Your pal might as well have spit in their faces. Scabs are back stabbers - not to be trusted - one way mo foes.
[post="291543"][/post]​

The 1993 SCAB list is still floating around the system. I know a few f/a's who still carry it in their bags. Once a SCAB always a SCAB!

The NW Pilots are writing each of the SCABS FAA numbers down and then they plan on sending the list to all the unions.

Vortilon said:
Garfield 1966,

[post="291543"][/post]​

I'll always trust independent thought over a mindless lemming any day. Been with AA close to 20 years and I am soooooo glad I am not part of a union. I may have to deal with them at work but I go home and I don't have to worry about giving some union hammer head money that I worked hard for just to let them turn around and screw me or promote some nuckle head just because he/she is senior to me and to protect the dregs that work for AA even though everyone knows they should be out on their ass. Been wth AA for nearly 20 years. Been treated fairly (for the most part) and never ever thought about wanting a union. I will make my own decisions. Only the person or company who signs my pay check has earned the right to tell me what to do.

Garfield1966 said:
I'll always trust independent thought over a mindless lemming any day. Been with AA close to 20 years and I am soooooo glad I am not part of a union. I may have to deal with them at work but I go home and I don't have to worry about giving some union hammer head money that I worked hard for just to let them turn around and screw me or promote some nuckle head just because he/she is senior to me and to protect the dregs that work for AA even though everyone knows they should be out on their ass. Been wth AA for nearly 20 years. Been treated fairly (for the most part) and never ever thought about wanting a union. I will make my own decisions. Only the person or company who signs my pay check has earned the right to tell me what to do.
[post="291652"][/post]​
<_< I wouldn't brag about 20 years! That's low seniority arround here! Even for management!!! :p

Everyone was new sometime. Besides, I'm in the top 3rd of the dept seniority and I get my first bid request. I have no complaints. Besides, seniority is something I cannot change, so why do you even bring that up?

Ifly2 said:
Never happened, aafsc

at least get your facts strait
[post="291998"][/post]​
The word "corporation" comes from the term "incorporate". Incorporate means to become a legal entity (artificial person) with the accompaniing rights and responsibilities. Trans World Airlines Inc. (incorporated) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection (for the third time) and then converted to a Chapter 7 liquidation in which most (not all) of the assets were sold to a totally new company called "TWA Airlines llc" (limited liability corporation), a subsidiary of American Airlines Inc. After this happened, Trans World Airlines Inc. became a shell corporation that was no longer engaged in operating scheduled airline service. Hence, IT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. You are the one who needs to get your facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts