Obama leaving his church

Gives new meaning to the concept of separation of church and state.

Politico.com - Obama quits Trinity

At a news conference in Aberdeen, S.D., after the news emerged on the blog of a black journalist in Chicago, Obama said he and his wife, Michelle, had notified the church in a letter Friday that they “were withdrawing as members of Trinity,â€￾ in part because of “a cultural and a stylistic gap.â€￾

“We had prayed on it. We had consulted with a number of friends and family members,â€￾ Obama said. “Frankly, it’s one that I made with some sadness. Trinity was where I found Jesus Christ, where we were married, where our children were baptized.â€￾

Obama said he has “tremendous regardâ€￾ for the church community, but said he could not live with a situation where everything said in the church, including comments by a guest pastor, “will be imputed to me, even if they conflict with my long-held, views, statements and principles.â€￾

Nothing says more about a person committed to his faith and church.

I just wish politicians would learn that politics and religion do not mix and they should keep their faith private.

Nothing says more about a person committed to his faith and church.

Not to mention admirable consistency in a man's most deeply held "convictions" :rolleyes: "Church?..What church!?..Oh!..umm..you mean "my"/THAT curch?...nah....turns out that'll cost me votes"....A man's gotta' have proper priorities, after all...

Not to mention admirable consistency in a man's most deeply held "convictions" :rolleyes: "Church?..What church!?..Oh!..umm..you mean "my"/THAT curch?...nah....turns out that'll cost me votes"....A man's gotta' have proper priorities, after all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EastUS,

I just watched Baracks announcement on C-Span, and I've got to tell you, that as a HUGE Hillary supporter, I thought the guy was HONEST and SINCERE about his reasons.

I don't find the man being "oppertunistic", when he says(among other things), that because of his candidacy, Reporters were stealing church bulletins, gaining Home phone numbers from shut-ins, and trying to dig up dirt on himself and his family.

I'm NOT easily fooled about people, ...and I believe the guy to be Genuine.

HEY, look at fellow "cooler"...DELLDude.
If I had JUDGED..... DD...on my initial reaction to him, I would have FOOLISHLY..missed out communicating with a Genuine.."tell it like it is"....Pain-in-the-A$$ (OOOPS :p :p :wub: ) I mean..a "cool DUDE..in a Loose Mood" :up: :up: :up:

He's doing it because its politically expedient and his advisers tell him to.If he wasn't in the running,do you actually think he would resign? I don't.

I just watched Baracks announcement on C-Span, and I've got to tell you, that as a HUGE Hillary supporter, I thought the guy was HONEST and SINCERE about his reasons.

Votes and not giving Hillary a last minute surge.

HEY, look at fellow "cooler"...DELLDude.
If I had JUDGED..... DD...on my initial reaction to him, I would have FOOLISHLY..missed out communicating with a Genuine.."tell it like it is"....Pain-in-the-A$$ (OOOPS tongue.gif tongue.gif wub.gif ) I mean..a "cool DUDE..in a Loose Mood" thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Its like I'm getting touchy-feely all of the sudden....

Yes...all presidential candidates should be more like Ronald Regan...deeply held religious convictions, but you really never had to attend...just send them a check every month to remain a member in good standing. That way, if the pastor says something that the other party wants to play up, you can always just throw your hands in the air and say "hey...I don't GO there".

He's doing it because its politically expedient and his advisers tell him to.If he wasn't in the running,do you actually think he would resign? I don't.

Votes and not giving Hillary a last minute surge.

Its like I'm getting touchy-feely all of the sudden....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:shock: I'm NOT gonna go there :down:

(I'm afraid to think about what you might be...."touchin'..or..Feelin' ) :ph34r: :shock: :ph34r:

:p :p :p

Partly correct. If he wasn't running, then only the attendees would be scrutinizing the church.