Odds Of A Wasteful Decision

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
Ok, so who wants to put odds on management doing something really stupid (shocking I know) like repainting the aircraft or redoing the interiors. We've had this one about 5 years. It has Wolf's print all over it.

What will a Dave Siegle paint job look like?

I shutter with excitement for the replies to come in. Please don't let me down.

Maybe they will go back to the 80's livery.The old USAir logo, the tin can with maroon and red writing and stripes,along with poop brown interior. Better yet, bring the BAC 111's out of the desert and start back up PIT/PHL meal service. At least management wouldn't be able to about whine paying to have the aircraft repainted.

I'm still waiting for cabin configuration changes deeper than what we've already seen. It would not surprise me one bit if the cabins suddenly took on UA's configuration (or something near it), with 8F instead of 12F/16F on the A319s/A321s/733s/734s. Also, for example, the A321 F cabin is absurd, and this is coming from a US1. (... unless there's some compelling reason to keep it like that, such as weight restrictions on transcons) And, in combination with a smaller cabin, maybe we could go back to normal F service instead of the scaled down service we've seen as of late.

I like our current look, I just think it can be "tweaked" a little. Adjustable headrests in coach (like the A330). I'd also like to see new bulkhead carpeting- Lufthansa's is similar to ours but not as severe, the stripes are white and gray(see airliners.net). I'd also put our logo on the bulkheads like in the boarding area- always remind people who they are flying, they need to display that flag over and over until its immediatly recongnizable to even the most casual flyer.

I would completely redo the first class cabin in the teal (?) colour US has used for some marketing purposes, and standardize the look on all fleets (same seats, just different sizes). For standardization, I would call domestic first Envoy and domestic coach Economy- these strengthen the brand more as well.

For cost savings I'd do a study of Airfone and Laptop Power Port usage. If they are not widely used they are just taking up space and maintenace costs. Perhaps only have them in first, shuttle, international, and selected rows in domestic economy.

I would bring back the navy leather seats on the Shuttle and keep them in one class with more legroom. More seats could be added by having two identical small gallies at either end of the aircraft, and possibly only two lavs. It would be worth putting down the money for dual jetways in the Shuttle cities so flights can be boarded and deplaned in 15 mins and turned around more quickly.

The A321 can do with losing two first class seats, I'd reconfigure it to be 2L boarding and have a small galley at 2R.

The livery should stay the same, but I would have the RJs red and the Shuttle white for variety and brand differentiation. I would also bring back "naming" of aircraft, after either cities or people... this costs nothing, and promotes goodwill, fun, and interest for customers and employees alike.

We have a unique livery in a sea of boring white ones and tacky billboard style writing. I think it's classy and businesslike and is very effective when its clean, and that classy image should be expanded on. It shouldn't be changed, it should be given years to become a recognized classic.