1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I received this via Email.
I agree with what he has to say.
{quote}
Ontime dependability??
As you know American is hung up on closing the door on or before departure time to get an ontime departure. They obviously do not care too much about the few passengers that we leave behind. A few minutes to maybe 10 or 15 minutes late to get a family or business man on is not common practice here at American. We have all seen this situation at the gates. These travelers who pay our salaries always get frustrated at the agents especially when they see the aircraft sitting at the gate after the door was closed and the jetway pulled. Let me cut to the chase here. American says the travelers are concerned about ontime dependability more than anything else. Well I went over to Expedia.com, Travelocity.com and Orbitz.com. The three biggest search sites for airfares. I made a simple search. It amazed me that nowhere in the results did it list which airline had the best ontime dependability. It did show the CHEAPEST fare first. You can make changes to get specific airlines and non stops and so on in your search. But not who has the best ontime record. So you see it is about money and not ontime dependability. When are the idiots at American going to realize that we are in the business to move people and not empty seats. Fares are unprofitable and we spend money putting people up in hotels and feeding them and taxi fare and so on. No wonder we can''t turn a profit. It must be labors fault, right? Again I fail to see the big picture again. I hate it when I''m wrong.
{end quote}
Any thoughts or opinions? [8)]

I have heard from a few rampers, that the jet leaves on-time, with or without passenger or their luggage. How happy does that make the flying public???

But what the hey, good numbers on on-time departures!

Can't you just picture the passanger running down the runway waving their arms and shouting -

Hey "Wild Don" wait for me!![:0]

That is bad. Let me tell you this as well. When the plane is late in and they try to get it out quick. Cabin service gets on only to be chased away by the gate CSM. Or my other favotite. F/C is clean we will start with them. Then they pull the curtain. Not enough crews lay there foot down and NO. They rush everyone on and have a CSM or agent on the P.A. Ladies and Gentelman please Stow your luggage and take your seat we cant leave until you are all seated. As if this hearded up group chased on the planes doesn't already realize that.

I don't know if they threaten the agents with death for a late departure. But they are 100% concered with getting us out over anything else. F.A.A. rules, who cares. They would rather see the fine than just doing it right. Something needs to be done. Because this out of control in Miami.

Actually, in my experience as an agent, the on-board PA about getting your crap stowed and into your seat is very useful. Keep in mind that these days we're carrying alot more of the leisure traveller that checks his or her brain at the front door of the terminal.

FAMikey: What you said is real familiar to me. I'm a FSC and I have lost track of how many times a CSM has chased us off a plane that has not been cleaned, just to get an on-time departure. It is obvious that an on-time departure has a lot higher priority than a clean plane.

I agree Mike, and if you think its bad in MIA U should be here at DFW. However, the thing that gets me the most is before boarding a FSM walks on board and shouts "Uniform Check". Please give me a break!! It seems to me that if AA is paying FSM's to do Uniform checks on the crew versus making sure the paying public is happy and making there connections, this company has along ways to go before it will ever see a profit again. Maybe the furloughs of flight crews shoud be rethought since we are paying FSM's to checkout what we are wearing? Where is the justice?

Welcome to Corporate at DFW![:(]

FSM?... Flight Service Matron??
Hey check out the latest Flagship News. The area with DOT reports on time arr.. baggage del.. and least cust complaints.. I think USAir leads in 2 of 3. Where As AA is near the bottom. Now I ask.. Who declared bankruotcy last wk?
AA tells us leave the psgr leave the bags get out on time. Well soon we will be #1. I don't know if I want to replace USAir. [:bigsmile:]

Just like USAir, TWA was way up there in the rankings when it had one foot in the grave also. By the time we declare BK, I hope we are way up there in the rankings.[;)]

----------------
On 8/26/2002 11:11:21 AM

Maybe a little off subject but,

At the last now out of business and in the history books airline I worked at it was the same way! The FSM's acted as if they were wired with 1000 volts just waiting for the next shock! It never ceased to amaze me the lack of common sense! As mechanics, we would meet the aircraft that called in with an undisclosed problem. Before the aircraft door was even open the FSM would ask "What is the problem and how long will it take"? Well if you would get out of my way I could talk to the pilots and find out! Then, as you were trying to get to the back of the aircraft the FSM would block the aisle and ask again ”What is the problem and how long will it take"? Well if you would get the !@#$%^&* out of my way I could find out! I’ll tell you when I have an estimate! Then, as you were elbows deep into a searing hot air-conditioning pack in the tail cone of a MD-80, the FSM would came back and ask “are you done yet”? AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!

And the next day, it started all over again!

----------------

Ain't that the truth!! I tell them the longer you talk to me the longer it will take to resolve the maintenance issue. Once I had a real pain in the butt CSM so I decided to play with her head. She asked me what the problem was and I told her the left engine blew a head gasket when the muffler bearing overheated on landing. She passed that info onto others. Boy was that getting laughs from the maintenance department[:bigsmile:]

All they worry about is getting that door closed on time. The aircraft could still have the fueler hooked up and they still try to close the door. These people are out of control and dangerous.

Maybe a little off subject but,

At the last now out of business and in the history books airline I worked at it was the same way! The FSM's acted as if they were wired with 1000 volts just waiting for the next shock! It never ceased to amaze me the lack of common sense! As mechanics, we would meet the aircraft that called in with an undisclosed problem. Before the aircraft door was even open the FSM would ask "What is the problem and how long will it take"? Well if you would get out of my way I could talk to the pilots and find out! Then, as you were trying to get to the back of the aircraft the FSM would block the aisle and ask again ”What is the problem and how long will it take"? Well if you would get the !@#$%^&* out of my way I could find out! I’ll tell you when I have an estimate! Then, as you were elbows deep into a searing hot air-conditioning pack in the tail cone of a MD-80, the FSM would came back and ask “are you done yet”? AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!

And the next day, it started all over again!

on_time_departure.jpg

[:knockout:] [:p] [:knockout:]

Status
Not open for further replies.