On Time Performance

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
I realize that today is a slow day, 95K booked as of yesterday, but here are the numbers for the PHL-CLT flights:

1st flight: on time
2nd flight: on time
3rd flight: 7 minutes late
4th flight: 15 minutes late
5th flight: 4 minutes early
1:55 pm flight: expeceted to departed on time

Will things change for the worse tomorrow? Last Sunday's completion rate was 99.6%. What will tomorrow's be? If it is greater than 98% you've got to call that a good sign.

jm

I understand yesterday in PHL, after the ruling was announced about the 21% pay cut, some rampers walked off and refused to load some flights. One pilot told me last night he waited over a hour after the psgrs were on, for someone to come load bags. Same thing on the next inbnd from PHL. Over hour hold to get some sup's to come load the bags. The company reaps what it sews...

Sounds right, alot of the Transatlantic flights took delays over baggage loading, cabin servicing and mechanicals!!!

Doesnt take a rocket scientist aka A320 pilot to figure that one out :eek:

Is it smart to punish the customer?

Or your fellow employees who work here too?

If this 21% is too much leave for greener pastures, or get your union to reach a TA that spreads out the pain, rather than taking it as a dollar value.

The rest of these kinds of actions only hurt your fellow work force and custimers, and you will end up getting fired to boot.

WestCoastGuy said:
I understand yesterday in PHL, after the ruling was announced about the 21% pay cut, some rampers walked off and refused to load some flights. One pilot told me last night he waited over a hour after the psgrs were on, for someone to come load bags. Same thing on the next inbnd from PHL. Over hour hold to get some sup's to come load the bags. The company reaps what it sews...
[post="191731"][/post]​

What short sightedness. That's like making a car have a creaky dashboard because you're pissed at General Motors. Guess what, piss off a customer and he will go elsewhere. This will hurt your business, your job, your prospects, your company....completely self-destructive behavior.

UseYourHead said:
Is it smart to punish the customer?

Or your fellow employees who work here too?

If this 21% is too much leave for greener pastures, or get your union to reach a TA that spreads out the pain, rather than taking it as a dollar value.

The rest of these kinds of actions only hurt your fellow work force and custimers, and you will end up getting fired to boot.
[post="191739"][/post]​

let me tell you this: is it fair that these clowns they call ceo bod dont have to take a dam cut while the rest of the employes have to live on welfare? right now there aint a dam job out there with the economy in the pisspoor shape and the good paying jobs are shipped overseas. i work in a mainline express city and went from a top out of 23 down to 13.01 and my current scale as i have 6 yrs to go to reach the top is currently 10.93 an hr. it sure dont look like there will be anything left after this group of inept clowns is finished destroying the little bits and pieces of what was once a dam proud good airline
also if the employees were feeling sick then yes it is ok to leave especially after
a day of reckoning hell from the top!

Heinrich said:
What short sightedness. That's like making a car have a creaky dashboard because you're pissed at General Motors. Guess what, piss off a customer and he will go elsewhere. This will hurt your business, your job, your prospects, your company....completely self-destructive behavior.
[post="191808"][/post]​
Some may benefit by the company closing.

The bottom line is people react to each situation differently. It is ashame that more than likely there will be some of our passengers who will suffer, and that does nothing more than puts the airline employees in the same class of our oblivious leadership that resides in CCY.

Just remember it took UAL years to recover lost business travelers from the Summer of 2000 debacle.

USFlyer said:
Just remember it took UAL years to recover lost business travelers from the Summer of 2000 debacle.
[post="191850"][/post]​

Actually, UAL never fully recovered from the business traffic lost during the 2000 SFH - many of the corporate accounts in places like EWR, ORD, and LAX went to the likes of AA and CO, and of course we all know what the aftermath of 9/11 did to business traffic in general...

USFlyer said:
[post="191850"][/post]​

And what an obviously positive event for the employees responsible. They really improved their airline and their own lives!

My wife's non-revenuering back from RIC tonight....I've been watching the flights all day and every single flight has left either on time or 4-5 minutes early....some say "wait for the holidays"....will you be disappointed if performance continues to stay strong? I appreciate those out there on the line behaving in a professional manner in spite of having to bear an unfair burden and that the blame for said problems certainly cannot be placed even in their general vicinity. Thank You! And I say this as I am soon to take a position that makes in a career field and location that makes US Airway's future irrelevant to me personally. Any recall in the future will be declined by me. I just hope that those friends of mine that still work there have a job in 6 months if that is what they want.

keep up the good work,
jm

28yrsnojob said:
:down: time for a slow down you get what yoy pay for
[post="192183"][/post]​

You may not care, but from the customer's perspective, we pay a lot for our tickets. I'm not buying the $29 specials to RDU, PVD, or BNL. Work slowdowns and sickouts will only drive away the customers. You guys are the best in the industry, but slow downs will drive away even your most loyal customers.

Good luck to you all.