On Time Performance

The judge does not discipline employees nor can he issue a TRO or Injunction.

That would have to be done in federal court just in regard to the TRO and/or Injunction.

And in the judge's ruling he did not give the company to outsource due to union action, sick nor retirements.

US1YFARE said:
whatever my reasons are, i'm just adding my two cents. and, any number of carriers want my business. keep insulting the customers--if you end up at Walmart as lots of employees are proclaiming, Walmart definitely won't tolerate it bad customer service.
[post="192586"][/post]​
Wal-Mart hardly. Does it scare you that a lot of skilled employees want the company to go out of business?

DCD said:
Wal-Mart hardly. Does it scare you that a lot of skilled employees want the company to go out of business?
[post="192589"][/post]​

Yes, actually. I find it very scary that skilled people would retailiate to the extent to make the customers that have paid their bills for so long so miserable and that they would have so much animosity that their sole goal was to attempt to put a company out of business. That energy could be better used doing more productive things. I also find it scary that someone so unhappy with their job doesn't look elsewhere for employment like the rest of us do. You are only worth what your next job will pay you.

And, maybe the Judge won't discipline, but he (including the Bankruptcy Judge in many circumstances) can approve of disciplinary actions taken by the company.

A bankruptcy judge has NO Authority in regards to disciplining an employee it is covered in each CBA and has the grievance procedures in the CBA and the RLA.

US1YFARE said:
You are only worth what your next job will pay you.
[post="192595"][/post]​
That's the key. Ding Ding Ding....Take USAirways out of the industry NOW. Before industry pay and benefits are reduced forever.

US1YFARE said:
Yes, actually. I find it very scary that skilled people would retailiate to the extent to make the customers that have paid their bills for so long so miserable and that they would have so much animosity that their sole goal was to attempt to put a company out of business. That energy could be better used doing more productive things. I also find it scary that someone so unhappy with their job doesn't look elsewhere for employment like the rest of us do. You are only worth what your next job will pay you.

And, maybe the Judge won't discipline, but he (including the Bankruptcy Judge in many circumstances) can approve of disciplinary actions taken by the company.
[post="192595"][/post]​
Lets change things a bit.
Yes, actually. I find it very scary that management would retailiate to the extent to make the employees that have cared for their customers for so long so miserable and that they would have so much animosity that their sole goal was to attempt to put a employee in the poor house. That energy could be better used doing more productive things. Such as leading the employees and the company out of bankruptcy.

As everyone has been saying on these boards, everyone must do what they think is best for themselves. If employees think the best thing for them is for the company to go down then they have got to do what they have got to do. If enough feel this way then it will be so.

If customers don't like dealing with US and its employees why do they continue to buy tickets on US? According to 99% of the public, our fares are too high, our schedule stinks, their baggage is always lost, the flights are always late, the website is horrendous, can't get through to an agent, no DM seats ever available, can't get an upgrade, change fee excessive, employees rude, lazy and have no compassion, our phone system sucks, and to top it off US is in bankruptcy on the verge of liquidation with a disgruntled workforce! Why would anyone fly US? You can always have your DM status transferred to another carrier. What ever adversity that any customer suffers is voluntary. Everyone knows what is going on at US and has been going on for a long time. If someone chooses to fly US and it is a less than pleasant experience, oh well. Nothing has been hidden. The dirty laundry has been aired in all forms and it is by choice if you fly US so, be prepared.

bobcat said:
As everyone has been saying on these boards, everyone must do what they think is best for themselves. If employees think the best thing for them is for the company to go down then they have got to do what they have got to do. If enough feel this way then it will be so.

If customers don't like dealing with US and its employees why do they continue to buy tickets on US? According to 99% of the public, our fares are too high, our schedule stinks, their baggage is always lost, the flights are always late, the website is horrendous, can't get through to an agent, no DM seats ever available, can't get an upgrade, change fee excessive, employees rude, lazy and have no compassion, our phone system sucks, and to top it off US is in bankruptcy on the verge liquidation with a disgruntled workforce! Why would anyone fly US? You can always have your DM status transferred to another carrier. What ever adversity that any customer suffers is voluntary. Everyone knows what is going on at US and has been going on for a long time. If someone chooses to fly US and it is a less than pleasant experience, oh well. Nothing has been hidden. The dirty laundry has been aired in all forms and it is by choice if you fly US so, be prepared.
[post="192610"][/post]​

99% of the public doesn't feel that way.

and YOU should be prepared for the customers who have already purchased tickets to make your life even more miserable in return. 150 angry pax on a plane will not be pleasant. You think you can insult customers, you should know by now that customers can take insults and screaming to the next level. I should book flights to LAS and MCO to see the first-time fliers respond to your "oh well" attitude.

bobcat said:

If customers don't like dealing with US and its employees why do they continue to buy tickets on US? According to 99% of the public, our fares are too high, our schedule stinks, their baggage is always lost, the flights are always late, the website is horrendous, can't get through to an agent, no DM seats ever available, can't get an upgrade, change fee excessive, employees rude, lazy and have no compassion, our phone system sucks, and to top it off US is in bankruptcy on the verge of liquidation with a disgruntled workforce! Why would anyone fly US? You can always have your DM status transferred to another carrier. What ever adversity that any customer suffers is voluntary. Everyone knows what is going on at US and has been going on for a long time. If someone chooses to fly US and it is a less than pleasant experience, oh well. Nothing has been hidden. The dirty laundry has been aired in all forms and it is by choice if you fly US so, be prepared.
[post="192610"][/post]​
Wow Bob...did you leave anything out :p

You're caught up in it, the public that flies seldom is clueless, the rest obviously are not as worried as we the employees. Things look different depending on where one stands.

Come to the other side for a day. They DO feel that way or at least that is what they say.

The current situation has been going on since Jan. and was being talked about since late last Nov. US only books tickets almost eleven months out. There was plenty of warning to holiday travelers and they are still booking.

How did I insult customers? I was just stating what customers spew continually to employees on a daily basis. Check with Consumer Afffairs. I do not lie! If you think it is insulting to say "oh well" then that is your problem. I as an adult take responsibility for my actions and as a responsible adult and consumer I spend my money wisely. If I am not happy with the product, service or company where I spend or intend to spend my money, I go elsewhere. I surely wouldn't gamble my hard earned money on a company in such disarray, in bankruptcy with an angry workforce. I would also not take the chance, no matter how low the fare, on maybe not getting to my loved ones on a holiday, not getting my family to their vacation destination, or losing money due to not making a business meeting. If I want to gamble I'll go to Vegas, play the lottery or buy stock.

Saying "oh well" means that if someone purchases a ticket on US in the midst of what is going on they are knowingly taking a risk and it is on themselves and no one else if they lose their tickets if US goes belly up or are less than satisfied. US woes are out there for the world to see.

US1YFARE said:
99% of the public doesn't feel that way.

and YOU should be prepared for the customers who have already purchased tickets to make your life even more miserable in return. 150 angry pax on a plane will not be pleasant. You think you can insult customers, you should know by now that customers can take insults and screaming to the next level. I should book flights to LAS and MCO to see the first-time fliers respond to your "oh well" attitude.
[post="192613"][/post]​

But remember, Reservations has a HOLD button and this is even for the Frequent Flyers, Airport agents can call security for out of hand passengers, and Flight Attendants/Pilots can always return to the gate to unload a few rowdy passengers. I think the future will see a lot of employees turning to these and other avenues for handling the problems. Once the "shock" has worn off and the first paycheck comes, performance is probably going to be at 79%....... ;)

bobcat said:

[post="192610"][/post]​

Well, if one wishes to fly to AHN, HHH, OAJ, PGV, EWN, SHD, SBY, HGR, CKB, MGW, PKB, etc., it's either US or the highway. :)

I agree that the schedule does stink sometimes (such as my quest to fly from ISP to MSS that had to be done as LGA-MSS), but the fares are the same as everyone else's for the most part, and in my experience the employees still seem to be working hard (much harder than AA I must say).

I think there is a lot more animosity on these boards than there is in the actual airport.

The animosity is there but the employees must try their hardest to keep it under wraps though on occasion it is impossible.

On a whole the employees will still be polite, helpful and professional because they are professionals at what they do. There will be days when they are put to the test and may explode but, what can you expect?

This will now be a day to day operation in all aspects.

Schatzee said:
But remember, Reservations has a HOLD button and this is even for the Frequent Flyers, Airport agents can call security for out of hand passengers, and Flight Attendants/Pilots can always return to the gate to unload a few rowdy passengers. I think the future will see a lot of employees turning to these and other avenues for handling the problems. Once the "shock" has worn off and the first paycheck comes, performance is probably going to be at 79%....... ;)
[post="192620"][/post]​

I would be shocked to know that someone at the CP desk put a customer on an indefinite hold--it would not happen--they talk to us too often.

Unruly pax v. passengers fighting back are two different things. I'm talking about pax responding with as little respect as was suggested in the previous post.

To bobcat: I agree that is what most people will do and it is appreciated. And believe me, your core customers notify management all the time about good employees. People do have bad days and that is why I did not feel compelled to call Consumer Affairs today after hearing employee after employee whisper and joke in front of pax because they just had 21% of their pay ripped out of their pockets by a management who has routinely taken bonuses in losing years. However, I did call Consumer Affairs today to commend a particularly happy and friendly flight crew who made it seem to every customer that it was business as usual. What makes me want to come back to US? My FF account and status? Sure, that is part of it. But, I could get comped by another carrier and use my miles on an exotic trip. What makes me come back is the service that I get on US and the real appreciation I feel when I fly US--the same appreciation that I have for the hard workers out there trying to make customers have a pleasant experience.