One airline/3 different F/A scheduling ways

I'm confused.... so an arbitrator is going to do what?

Force the company to implement everything that employees want? Force the employees to take everything that the company wants? Force one group of employees to accept what the other group wants? ETC....

I don't get it....

So, an arbitrator is going to be able to make a decision within - let's say - six months after that expiration date has been met (one way or the other, or on a complex matter such as here - a bit here and a bit there might be implemented from what each side wants) on a 30sum chapter CBA in a short matter of time? Looks to me like a colossal mess....

WOW... I can just see the future.... Ever heard about an Arbitrator/tion by the name of Nicolau and the drama that followed that decision?

People are NOT gonna keep on filing motion after motion, just because it is the right thing to do - follow an arbitration - a toss of the coin so to speak just like the whole US pilots thing. Trust me... once some of you see what the arbitrator ruled on, I can just see the same ALPA/USAPA thing happening all over again.

Ohhhh boy... whatever... it's all gonna be rosy in the future.... can't wait to see this all unfold...

:)

Then again.... I know that AFA66 will just take whatever... and go with the flow... US east AFA thinking is a little more hardheaded... and APFA.... hmmm... well.... dunnnt know much about them... but they seem strong.... :)

We'll see..... It's gonna be interesting no matter what....

Besides, you guys are gonna vote in a new union... or even better... perhaps US Airways miraculously manages to get rid of the union all-together - a-la-DELTA AIRLINES....

Regardless, ya're all gonna be in one new happy unionized (or non) family...

I'm confused.... so an arbitrator is going to do what?

Force the company to implement everything that employees want? Force the employees to take everything that the company wants? Force one group of employees to accept what the other group wants? ETC....

I don't get it....
You really don't understand the arbitration process, do you? Both sides' latest proposals will be reviewed by the arbitrator who will determine what the final contract will be. It's normally some compromise with industry standards kept in mind. I'd welcome that instead of six or eight years of arguing and bitching.

MK

You really don't understand the arbitration process, do you? Both sides' latest proposals will be reviewed by the arbitrator who will determine what the final contract will be. It's normally some compromise with industry standards kept in mind. I'd welcome that instead of six or eight years of arguing and bitching.

MK

Agreed. After our November 1993 strike, AA and the APFA went into binding arbitration. It was like a full blown trail. The arbitrator was like a judge and heard both side's argument and basically split the difference....that became our contract in 1995.

Latest posts