One More And Counting.

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The Office of Senator Jesse Lujan of Guam has contacted me and informed me that Guam is in the process of drafting a resolution that will recognize May 24th as Aviation Maintenance Technician Day.

I have contacted Senators of the Northern Marianas, Federated States of Micronesia, American Samoa and US Virgin Islands asking them to introduce similar resolutions. I am also working on New Hampshire as well. This all takes time but the reception I receive about having these resolutions recognize a proud, skilled profession is very warm and supportive.

If anyone is interested in finding out if your State has passed a resolution contact me and I will let you know. Or visit www.amtausa.com and click the AMT Day Resolution Map page.

If anyone is interested in helping to promote the craft & profession of the AMT I would be happy to add your voice so the public can become aware of who and what the men and women of aircraft maintenance are all about. Because these people are the Faces Behind Safety.

The Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia has passed Resolution No. 14-28. This is ANOTHER resolution adopted in honor of Charles E. Taylor as Aviation Maintenance Technician Day. This was made possible by Congressman Peter M. Christian, Speaker, 14th Congress of the Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia.

The AMTA web site will update the AMT Day Map to reflect this addition of recognition for the proud craft of the AMT.

Ken,

Great Job!

Many of us are gratefull that you are spending an enormous amount of time and energy doing what others will only see as removing their ability to sit on the sidelines and endlessly complain.

Keep up the good work.

Fraternally,
Boomer

I want to give everyone an update on the campaign to have all 50 United States, Commonwealths & Territories pass AMT Day Resolutions. With the guidance and persistence of Richard Dilbeck of the FAA's Aviation Safety Program Manager Airworthiness, who is responsible for having California pass the first AMT Day Resolution, the AMTA has been able to get several more States to begin the process of introducing their AMT Day Resolutions. I would like to ask that if you live in the following States, or know people who live in these States, to contact the listed individuals and tell them that you are aware of the AMTA contacting them about having an Aviation Maintenance Technician Day Resolution passed which will recognize Charles E. Taylor and today's AMTs. Thank them for their interest and support and tell them that this resolution is important to you.

Alabama: Senator Quinton Ross, Jr. E-mail: [email protected]

Kentucky: Senator Julian Carroll E-mail: [email protected]

New Hampshire: Representative Ken Weyler E-mail: [email protected]

New Jersey: Senator Nicholas J. Sacco E-mail: [email protected]

New York: Assemblyman Tom Alfano E-mail: [email protected]

Rhode Island: John Baxter E-mail: [email protected]

Vermont: Senator Susan J. Bartlett E-mail: [email protected]

Washington D.C.: Chairman Linda W. Cropp E-mail: [email protected]

Commonwealth of Virginia: Secretary Daniel LeBlanc E-mail: [email protected]

Massachusetts: Senator Steven A. Baddour E-mail: [email protected]

The AMTA remains committed in promoting the proud craft & profession of the skilled Aircraft Maintenance Technician. And with all of your support the AMTA will achieve our goals. The AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, lists the progress of the AMT Day Resolution drive. Tell a friend! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Good lord, talk about government waste. I would much rather see them spend their time improving the work conditions of law enforcement, public safety (such as fire services), education, job creation and the list goes on.

Giving a bunch of guys who turn a wrench for a living a "day" has got to be one of the most idiotic ideas yet. Next we will have to have a meter maid day and a sewer cleaner day and a street sweeper day and a ... oh hell, the list is getting to long.

I think I will be writing them a email. Let them know that when they finish fixing all the stuff that is broken, then they can waste tax payer money on useless feel good garbage like this. Thanks for the email address.

Good lord, talk about government waste. I would much rather see them spend their time improving the work conditions of law enforcement, public safety (such as fire services), education, job creation and the list goes on.

Giving a bunch of guys who turn a wrench for a living a "day" has got to be one of the most idiotic ideas yet. Next we will have to have a meter maid day and a sewer cleaner day and a street sweeper day and a ... oh hell, the list is getting to long.

I think I will be writing them a email. Let them know that when they finish fixing all the stuff that is broken, then they can waste tax payer money on useless feel good garbage like this. Thanks for the email address.

:down: :down:

If you want all these things then move out of the slum you live in.
Long Island has the best schools in the country Suffolk police are the highest paid in the country and the Fire Dept's are also the best.
And there is all ways work to be found if you are willing to work...
But you probably couldnt afford to live there on an AA pay check :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE NEED ALSO TO A HAVE A PILOT DAY, AGENT DAY, FSC DAY, F/A DAY, CLEANER DAY, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY WOULD BE MANAGEMENT DAY.
ONE GROUP ALWAYS THINKS THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE OTHER.

The Office of Senator Jesse Lujan of Guam has contacted me and informed me that Guam is in the process of drafting a resolution that will recognize May 24th as Aviation Maintenance Technician Day.

I have contacted Senators of the Northern Marianas, Federated States of Micronesia, American Samoa and US Virgin Islands asking them to introduce similar resolutions. I am also working on New Hampshire as well. This all takes time but the reception I receive about having these resolutions recognize a proud, skilled profession is very warm and supportive.

If anyone is interested in finding out if your State has passed a resolution contact me and I will let you know. Or visit www.amtausa.com and click the AMT Day Resolution Map page.

If anyone is interested in helping to promote the craft & profession of the AMT I would be happy to add your voice so the public can become aware of who and what the men and women of aircraft maintenance are all about. Because these people are the Faces Behind Safety.

WE NEED ALSO TO A HAVE A PILOT DAY, AGENT DAY, FSC DAY, F/A DAY, CLEANER DAY, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY WOULD BE MANAGEMENT DAY.

WHO IS WE... :ph34r:

Such an inability to read what is placed in front of them is a sign of an uneducated soul.

NOWHERE does the wording for the AMT Day Resolutions that have been passed, or are in the process of being passed, does it state that AMTs are "more important" than another group.

These AMT Day Resolutions are being passed to bring RECOGNITION for the contributions that Charles E. Taylor, the FIRST Aircraft Mechanic, and today's AMTs make to aviation.

More than 100 years of aviation have passed and the AMT remains unseen and forgotten by the majority of the flying public. These resolutions are one way the AMTA, and others, are trying to change this perception.

If this offends you, that is your problem. I'm sure you NEVER think about aircraft safety when you buy a ticket, or as your aircraft rotates into the air.

If you wish to have a f/a day, cleaner day, management day I support you. Simply find out who the first f/a, cleaner, manager was and start from there.

Thanks to all those who have supported the AMT Day Resolution campaign.

I do not fly on the airliners. If my car can not get me there, or on time, I will just stay home.

UY

Such an inability to read what is placed in front of them is a sign of an uneducated soul.

NOWHERE does the wording for the AMT Day Resolutions that have been passed, or are in the process of being passed, does it state that AMTs are "more important" than another group.

These AMT Day Resolutions are being passed to bring RECOGNITION for the contributions that Charles E. Taylor, the FIRST Aircraft Mechanic, and today's AMTs make to aviation.

More than 100 years of aviation have passed and the AMT remains unseen and forgotten by the majority of the flying public. These resolutions are one way the AMTA, and others, are trying to change this perception.

If this offends you, that is your problem. I'm sure you NEVER think about aircraft safety when you buy a ticket, or as your aircraft rotates into the air.

If you wish to have a f/a day, cleaner day, management day I support you. Simply find out who the first f/a, cleaner, manager was and start from there.

Thanks to all those who have supported the AMT Day Resolution campaign.

I have flown in the past, but I have seen some of the work done on these airliners and just prefer not to fly anymore

So why do you try to lessen the efforts of people who try and promote the awareness of a proud craft & profession without even reading what the resolutions state?

If you don't fly why the alias of twaokc?