One More And Counting.

So why do you try to lessen the efforts of people who try and promote the awareness of a proud craft & profession without even reading what the resolutions state?

If you don't fly why the alias of twaokc?
Ken, forget trying to speak to morons. It's a waste of your time. I only hope one of these morons have a family member involved in a plane crash attributed to shoddy outsourced maintenance. That's what it will take for people to understand. What a horrible thought, but that's reality for some people who have come to take for granted the job performed by mechanics.

Ken, forget trying to speak to morons. It's a waste of your time. I only hope one of these morons have a family member involved in a plane crash attributed to shoddy outsourced maintenance. That's what it will take for people to understand. What a horrible thought, but that's reality for some people who have come to take for granted the job performed by mechanics.

What about the accidents atributed to shoddy inhouse maintenence?

The State of Maryland has just become the next State to pass an Aviation Maintenance Technician Day Resolution! This resolution became a reality due in large part to the efforts of Richard Dilbeck of the FAA's Sacramento FSDO.

There are several more resolutions in the process of being passed and an updated list can be viewed on the AMTA web site at WWW.AMTAUSA.COM.

If anyone is interested in getting involved in having their State join the growing list of States that recognize the contributions that Charles E. Taylor and today's AMTs have made contact me at [email protected].

REMEMBER THE PAST - THINK OF THE FUTURE

I have just received a copy of the AMT Day Resolution from the State of Kentucky. This brings the total to 34 AMT Day Resolutions which have been passed with several more close to being signed by their respective State Governors. A complete list of these resolutions can be seen at WWW.AMTAUSA.COM. These resolutions are just one way to bring recognition to a proud craft & profession. The AMTA thanks you for your support. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Kansas has just passed an AMT Day Proclamation. This was done due to timing and a AMT Day RESOLUTION will be passed in the future. This was done thanks to Richard Dilbeck of the FAA's Sacramento FSDO, Sandra Cambell FAA ACE Manager and Mr. Young of the Kansas DOT.

This makes 35 States, Commonwealths & Territories that recognize our proud craft & profession AND Charles E. Taylor. Thanks to everyone for their continued support in the AMTA an the AMT profession. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Obviously I do. And the States, Territories and Commonwealths of the U.S. do.

Enjoy the safe, airworthy aircraft that are provided by the very men and women you do not "care" about.
Ken, I applaud you with your efforts, about time someone gets credit where due. For those who don't like it, try improving your Quality of Life and of those around you instead of whinning like a bad gear.

The Commonwealth of Virginia has just informed me that Governor Tim Kaine has signed their Aviation Maintenance Technician Day Resolution. This makes 36 the total of passed resolutions that officially recognize each May 24th as a day to honor and think about the men and women who are rarely thought of and taken for granted. Thanks to Gov. Kaine, Secretary Daniel LeBlanc and Mr. Mark Cheatum with whom the AMTA corresponded with to make this resolution a reality. But most of all thanks to everyone who contacted Governor Tim Kaine asking him to support and sign this important resolution. And none of this would be possible if not for the members of the AMTA! The AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, has been updated to reflect this newly signed AMT Day Resolution. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Minnesota has just become the 37th AMT Day Resolution to be passed! This was done in large part due to the efforts of Richard Dilbeck of the FAA's Sacramento FSDO and Mr. Dan McDowell of the Minnesota Department of Transportation and all the support of the AMTA Memebers. To view the updated list visit WWW.AMTAUSA.COM. If you wish to support your State if they have not already passed their resolution please contact me.

Ken--

What's the story with Oregon "not passing" their resolution?

Currently there is no one handling Oregon's State AMT Day Resolution yet. The "not passing" means that no State Senator or Congressman has been contacted. Having someone from that State assist the AMTA would be great. The more people involved in this process the easier it is to bring recognition to our craft & profession. I will start the process in Oregon soon. If anyone is interested in helping, either in or out of the State please contact me.

Michigan just passed their AMT Day Resolution! That brings us up to 38 passed. The AMTA web site will be updated shortly to reflect this new addition. As always, thank you all for your support in promoting our proud craft & profession.

Today Oregon and New York passed their resolutions! This brings us to 40 AMT Day Resolutions passed! Thank you for all of your support. The Oregon Resolution was passed thanks to the efforts of Richard Dilbeck and the New York Resolution was passed due to the determination of AMTA Member Chuck Schalk. The web site has been updated.

Rhode Island just passed their State's AMT Day Resolution! That brings the total to 41! Thanks to John Baxter Jr., Director of Constituent Services in the Office of the President of the Senate for helping the AMTA achieve the goal of having all United States, Commonwealths & Territories recognize May 24th as AMT Day. Also, thanks to all the AMTA Members for their continued support in our proud craft & profession. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Just out of curiosity, who makes these resolutions? Do they just get passed along to the governors? Or are they really voted on by the state senaters? Cause Oregon's are no where near Salem at the moment. Congratulations, none the less!!!