One more reason for seniority-based system

It doesn't take the biggest disruption to start an avalanche. The prospect of this pilot group leaving ALPA and thereby starting a chain reaction has ALPA National plenty worried.

Furthermore, all this talk about financial condition, bad career choice, etc., has nothing to do with merging two pilot groups together. This is a union issue and ALPA merger policy says nothing about "financial condition".
When the east pilots see the bill for starting an in-house union (the only one they could ever agree with) they'll decide to keep lil' old ALPA.

They pound their chest with one hand and hold onto their wallet with the other!

You guys talk like it would be such a HUGE loss to ALPA if you guys walk and find another union.

Let me remind you that you are a small group among many others. .... Based on the way you have been behaving, and your lack of integrity, most of us would say "good riddance!" We are better off without you.

Please decertify ALPA already and go somewhere else so we can stop listening to your threats. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's fully time for someone to "remind you" that you are but one person...and hardly qualify as reflective of whatever's going on at alpa nat'l at present, or anywhere else on earth it would seem. Spare all of us your "most of us would say "good riddance!" We are better off without you." BS..as if you personally "run" alpa...or even have the slightest clue, or any actual impact as to how events will unfold. "...and your lack of integrity"...I especially loved that cutesie little shot. I've/many of us easties have backed ours at the risk of our lives in places that you'll never need to see...and you've...ummm...? Your unmitigated arrogance and absurd sense of self importance have been clear to me ever since your diatribe about being "the youngest in my class"...and that truly precious little bit about "my skills" that you posted within another thread hereabouts :lol:

As for the dreary trial of "listening to threats"..ummm..aren't you from UAL?...Don't you have "a life?"..WTF are you wasting your precious time for over at the US board having to endure hearing all those nasty "threats"? :lol:

When the east pilots see the bill for starting an in-house union (the only one they could ever agree with) they'll decide to keep lil' old ALPA.

They pound their chest with one hand and hold onto their wallet with the other!

Sigh...Once more you readilly ascribe base motives to others that you might better inspect via your own mirror I'd guess. If you, even for an instant, are sufficiently self deluded as to imagine that the anti-Alpa issues out east could be smoothed over via a moment's concern over a few bucks...you're far off the mark, and do NOT have any clue as to what's going on out here.

What does the original post have to do with a providing a reason for a seniority based system???

Uh, because you naive fools keep referring to a combined list as a "seniority list"? If so, would not the list be based on "seniority" and not slotting?

If you keep doing that, we can always draw up a list based on age.

Have a good day, tadpole.

going back to the date of hire senority. it should always be that way. what else do you have. after you have given back pay,benefits, working conditions etc etc so management can be given millions of dollars in incentives even when they do a lousy job. America what a wonderful place. and it is. after you have given back alot the only thing left is you seniority. for what that is worth. im in customer service and a proud unionized member because if we didnt have a union the last 5 years the company would have legally raped us for everyhing. that seems to be the legacy of USAirways the past 5 years. you dont hearing that from other airlines doing that to employees even in difficult times.

Uh, because you naive fools keep referring to a combined list as a "seniority list"? If so, would not the list be based on "seniority" and not slotting?

Have a good day, tadpole.
(1) Not sure who you are referring to with "you naive fools." I am not a West pilot.

(2) I don't think I have referred to it as a "seniority list" (although I may have at some point). I have been referring to it as the arbitration award. But in any case, it IS a seniority list, with adjusted seniorities to reflect the arbitration.

(3) You still didn't answer my question: How does the OP argue for a reason for a seniority-based system? I don't see how the fact that some (accurately, IMO) may be referring to a "seniority list" answers that.

Have a good day, spermatazoa.

Have a good day, spermatazoa.

QUOTE(ussnark @ Jun 1 2007, 07:56 PM)

"Have a good day, tadpole."

:lol: Well...it must at least be admitted that the "spermatazoa." does have a far longer "tail", by any proportional measurement, than does any "tadpole"...although that's merely a layman's observation :lol:

It is a true blessing to the present arguments to have a properly educated and enlightened legal counsel's inputs though :lol:

Well...it must at least be admitted that the "spermatazoa." does have a far longer "tail", by any proportional measurement, than does any "tadpole"...although that's merely a layman's observation

Good eyes, that you can tell the difference. However did you get a tadpole to "come" into your palm in order to measure? You are truly a person of many talents.

I will start off as saying that I am an outsider, and I'm not employed by either airlines that are merging. However, what I've read on this board is that everyone is assuming that you work for the old company still. That is currently true; but, this list is to make a seniority list for the NEW company. This was a merger. After this merger is completed, the two old companies will cease to exist. All of the seniority you have acrued at those two airlines were used to integrate you onto a new list, for a NEW company. It's as if you DID stop working for the current company and was hired for the new one. The mentality that I keep hearing on these boards is that everything you did in the past should equal the same thing going forward but it cannot because you do not work for the same company anymore. This company is a different company, I don't give a crap what they write on the side of the aircraft. BTW, I don't fly a lot, but I refuse to book my vacations on your airline until this pissing contest is over. I don't even want to think about a couple of egomaniacal babies that are going to have a problem with each other behind a locked door(security?) when my family's lives are in your hands!! :down: :angry:

It doesn't take the biggest disruption to start an avalanche. The prospect of this pilot group leaving ALPA and thereby starting a chain reaction has ALPA National plenty worried.

Furthermore, all this talk about financial condition, bad career choice, etc., has nothing to do with merging two pilot groups together. This is a union issue and ALPA merger policy says nothing about "financial condition".

Doesn't say anything about DOH either. But that didn't stop you guys from trying to get it now,did it?

I will start off as saying that I am an outsider, and I'm not employed by either airlines that are merging. However, what I've read on this board is that everyone is assuming that you work for the old company still. That is currently true; but, this list is to make a seniority list for the NEW company. This was a merger. After this merger is completed, the two old companies will cease to exist. All of the seniority you have acrued at those two airlines were used to integrate you onto a new list, for a NEW company. It's as if you DID stop working for the current company and was hired for the new one. The mentality that I keep hearing on these boards is that everything you did in the past should equal the same thing going forward but it cannot because you do not work for the same company anymore. This company is a different company, I don't give a crap what they write on the side of the aircraft. BTW, I don't fly a lot, but I refuse to book my vacations on your airline until this pissing contest is over. I don't even want to think about a couple of egomaniacal babies that are going to have a problem with each other behind a locked door(security?) when my family's lives are in your hands!! :down: :angry:

Than obviously, you don't know Jack S!&T. Your asking my self, and my family to except a destroyed career so that you and your family can feel safe about surfing for a cheep fare. Take your business elsewhere then.

As far as safety is concerned, everyone, I mean everyone on this board leaves it at home when they come to work. And while I haven't the opportunity to fly with our partners in the west, their safety record speaks volumes. Insofar as in the east, you simply cannot choose a carrier with more experience and professionalism.

So go F*^K yourself! Our livelihoods have been murdered in the name of the cheep fare. And now you have the edacity to question the skill and professionalism that our years bring to each flight?

Than obviously, you don't know Jack S!&T. Your asking my self, and my family to except a destroyed career so that you and your family can feel safe about surfing for a cheep fare. Take your business elsewhere then.

As far as safety is concerned, everyone, I mean everyone on this board leaves it at home when they come to work. And while I haven't the opportunity to fly with our partners in the west, their safety record speaks volumes. Insofar as in the east, you simply cannot choose a carrier with more experience and professionalism.

So go F*^K yourself! Our livelihoods have been murdered in the name of the cheep fare. And now you have the edacity to question the skill and professionalism that our years bring to each flight?

Right.... So when you and others speak about the utter he11 you'll inflict on the first west Capt "junior" to you who you are "forced" to fly with, just how is that "leaving it at home?"

im a front line employee with the comapny US.. but when you EAST and WEST kids get it together let me know when you are flying. i dont want to be on an airplane with the cockpit crew having an attitude.. i will drive instead... just remember.. no matter how much you pay and what you do when you get on an airplane remember this.. WHERE THERES AN ASS THERES A SEAT..

Latest posts