Our Dream CEO

FlyingHippie

Senior
Jan 27, 2003
Have fun with this, who would you pick to run US Airways? I pick - Richard Branson. He just bought his employees an island off the coast of Australia with a resort for their use only. Personally, I''d just like to work for a guy that makes flying fun again and treat the employees in a DIGNIFIED manner.

----------------
On 5/28/2003 9:38:19 PM Hello Newman wrote:

Bring back Ed Colodny

----------------​

Now, there was a great man. Never forgot a name. Always had time to talk to the worker bees. Dave could learn a lot from Ed.

----------------
On 5/28/2003 9:35:16 PM FlyingHippie wrote:

Have fun with this, who would you pick to run US Airways? I pick - Richard Branson. He just bought his employees an island off the coast of Australia with a resort for their use only. Personally, I''d just like to work for a guy that makes flying fun again and treat the employees in a DIGNIFIED manner.

----------------

What about Barney! He''s big, he''s purple, and he sure does love us! ...I love you...you love me...... Seriously, I would take ANYBODY just about now

----------------
On 5/28/2003 9:48:13 PM PineyBob wrote:

----------------
On 5/28/2003 9:40:20 PM FlyingHippie wrote:

----------------
On 5/28/2003 9:38:19 PM Hello Newman wrote:

Bring back Ed Colodny

----------------​
Just curious? How were the numbers back then? Because it the numbers were good and he had that kind of approach then I say bring him back too.

Now, there was a great man.  Never forgot a name.  Always had time to talk to the worker bees.  Dave could learn a lot from Ed.

----------------​

----------------​
Mr. Colodny was and is a great man. He always took the time to talk with you and was very kind. His remembering your name was pure class. I had him on two flights one to Bermuda and one from FT Myers. He had no body guards, just his lovely wife. He sat in coach from Ft Myers in a terrible seat but never complained, he talked to everyone that bent his ear. We will always remember his down to earth personality, I wish he was here now, don''t you?

----------------
On 5/28/2003 10:19:13 PM Twicebaked wrote:

----------------
On 5/28/2003 9:35:16 PM FlyingHippie wrote:

Have fun with this, who would you pick to run US Airways?  I pick - Richard Branson.  He just bought his employees an island off the coast of Australia with a resort for their use only.  Personally, I''d just like to work for a guy that makes flying fun again and treat the employees in a DIGNIFIED manner.

----------------

What about Barney! He''s big, he''s purple, and he sure does love us! ...I love you...you love me. Seriously, I would take ANYBODY just about now

----------------​

ROTFLMAO
I agree. For halloween, he could dress up like Dave and scare the ==ll out of us.

----------------
On 5/29/2003 7:41:29 AM Hope777 wrote:

Uncle Ed may have been able to run a company the size of AL prior to the Mergers, but history has proven that he was unable to run a large airline. I'm sure his supporting cast was of no help either.

----------------​
Yup. Great leader. Acquire a company and then promptly dump all the value of the company.

Hope777, no you are right to a certain extent. Ed was a real enough leader to come right out and say he made mistakes. You have to understand the times were eat or be eaten. Those of us that have been here long enough remember Carl Icahn''s hostile bid attempt back in 1987. I think the one thing about Ed that no other CEO of this company has even come close to is humility and enormous integrity. It was a privledge working for Ed Colodny.

I''m sure I will catch some noise for what I''m about to say, but...I think Mr. Colodny was the start of the bad things happening within our company today. When AL purchases PSA and Piedmont, we did a thing called mirror image. Nothing good was taken from either PSA or Piedmont, it was the old AL way or no way. As far as a CEO, would love to have anybody that understands that the greatest asset at USAirways is its EMPLOYEES!

Uncle Ed may have been able to run a company the size of AL prior to the Mergers, but history has proven that he was unable to run a large airline. I''m sure his supporting cast was of no help either.

Bring in Sounthwest''s ex CEO good ole "Herb". THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST!

I''d pay big cash for this guy...perks, bonus, he would be deserving.

At this point....I''d bring back Gangwal. He was a business man, yes...but a man of his word, and honored contracts. We never, ever had these many MEC grievances out. I think since March we have 8 more and we are about to file 2 AGAIN.