New Ceo Says Us Airways Can Grow

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2:

I'm no going to argue with you, but you are largely incorrect.
If you cannot articulate how I am "largely incorrect", then I am going to go with the facts that stand as I have presented.

I appreciate that you will use the proper screenname. Thanks.

Funguy2: That is why my signature says My Name is Not Kitty. For a long time everyone on here called me Kitty, when it is just ktflyhome. I myself need to get to the eye doctor, just don't have the extra money these days, thanks to the new Reserve Time Balancing Crap. I am losing close to $1000.00 a month by not being able to fly over my guarantee and per diem. It is really starting to hurt.

I estimate that since November 1st, I have lost $6000.00. To me that is huge, so if this Management is even thinking of getting anymore from me, they can shove it.

On top of that, my vacation in Feb. paid me zip, nadda.

So if the Captain, wants to continue to think and say that voting yes for this LOA91, is a good thing. For many at my seniority we will be history. I did not sign on and sacrifice all these years, Christmas's, Birthdays, Holidays and children's graduations to go work for Express or MAA.

We all have our stories, I am sure, and we all have made sacrifices to this Company. I know. The day my son graduated from High School, I was in training and they would NOT let me go. I chose to stay, thinking this was a new beginning and the sacrifices would pay off in the long run. Little did I know. NOT!!!!!!!!! :down:

ktflyhome:

I don't think I have ever called you "kitty". If I have, my apologies. I have often wondered what your screenname meant, actually. I have wondered if "kt" was short for kyte, or initals, or what. Don't feel pressured, its just one of the few that I don't get the reference.

I think you, and your co-workers have given much to US Airways, in good times and bad. Every front-line employee works holidays or special occasions as part of the job. Its an unfortunate part, but there are also good parts to the job as well.

As I have said in other threads, the employees have made their investment. I hear you loud and clear. If I worked at US Airways, I would not be giving in another time on principle. Management at this company needs to do something to change the way they do business. Thus far, I see almost no activity on this front. Employee sacrifice will not alone save the company.

Now, having said that, you all have unions and votes. Each person has to vote their conscience. Each person has to decide what is best for them, and I will not prentend to know what that is.

Funguy2: I have, from day one, always Voted when presented anything from this company and I have always voted my conscience. That is one thing I believe in. My right to vote. Whether my vote always went the way I wanted it too, is another thing.

ktflyhome???? Well kt are my intitals and I always liked the movie ET. ET said in the movie. "ET phone home". Being I am a F/A.........get it???? ;) I take it you are a Fun Guy....what does 2 mean???? :lol:

ktflyhome... thats a good one! I get it now!

i used funguy but at one point, usaviation.com switched servers, providers, or something (I forget) and I couldn't get back into that account, so I just created a new account with a minimum of creativity.

And funguy... because I am exactly that, a fun guy. Not to confused with fungi, as I don't even like mushrooms on my pizza. :p

Thanks Clue!

I find it is very easy to "You are Wrong" when there is no requirement to use facts to back it up.

This kind of reminds me of Cartman from South Park, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

You just cannot just "Say you are wrong," without evidence, logic, argument, or anything else, to back you up, and win a debate. If I am wrong, I will admit it. If we have a difference of opinion, so be it... this is the USA (well, for most of us I assume) and that's one of the things that makes this country great. I'm an easy-going guy... I can agree to disagree.

But, "You are wrong and I won't tell you why" doesn't help anybody learn anything, now does it.

Can you imagine the closing argument of a defense attorney, who at the end of a trial, simply stands up, faces the jury, and says, "The Plantiff (State/District Attornry, whatever) is wrong!" and then just sits down?

USA320Pilot said:
I do not know about you, but I believe the chairman.
I recall your predecessor, edited, believing that Dave wouldn't come after employees a second time in bankruptcy. No doubt, I did too, as I tend to take people at their word until they give me a reason not to. But Bronner was and is calling the shots, and he lost all credibility with me when he extorted a second round of concession out of employees with the threat of liquidation.
If you were smart, you would have realized when the pilot pension plan was terminated that Bronner is scum.

While everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, IMHO, referring to Bronner as "scum" is arrogant to say the least. You can bet your bottom dollar that TPG would have been far more stringent upon US labor from the start than Bronner has been - TPG's track record vis-a-vis HP and CO proves that. And unlike Bronner, TPG would not have had the patience to wait for the workgroups to go through the motions.

USA320Pilot said:
Cav:

I simply answer questions that I read.

I have no hysteria and I am at peace if US Airways fails.

I suggest the naysayers are the ones with the fear otherewise why would htere be so much emotion. Do I care about US Airways? Absolutely. Am I filled with anger and bitterness? No, I understand the changing marketplace and economics, which many of the naysyares fail to recongize.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
You know Captain, I believe you. You would either need to be at peace with yourself or have Teflon skin where everything rolls off with the beatings you take on here. It doesn't faze you obviously, since you keep on posting.

Anger, and not fear. The thing that infuriates me is the handout of millions paid for total failure while at the same time asking for never ending givebacks, and they do it without apologies or shame.

avek00 said:
While everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, IMHO, referring to Bronner as "scum" is arrogant to say the least. You can bet your bottom dollar that TPG would have been far more stringent upon US labor from the start than Bronner has been - TPG's track record vis-a-vis HP and CO proves that. And unlike Bronner, TPG would not have had the patience to wait for the workgroups to go through the motions.
They'd have been upfront about it, moreover, they probably would have brought in a suitable operations guy/gal which US has really yet to do--and it's cost them dearly.

Latest posts