Our Singular Reality

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
We all know where I received the idea for this topic, compliments of our famous good captain.

The belief that a repeated chant will change reality is how I read the good captains posts, they all are connected to “WE MUST GIVE AGAIN†theme in just about all of his posts pointing us all to the many woes in the airline industry along with what, how, why, etc the LCC’s are up to. If all of the captain’s repeated posts of the same theme, just colored differently, makes him feel and believe he is doing everything in his power to change the direction of U’s history, then I see no real harm in those posts, and in fact they spark all kinds of debate.

The thing I think grates some people and why they lambaste the good captain is they feel he is acting like a parent preaching to his children on what’s necessary and what’s not and why they MUST listen.

If you look beyond his pleading posts that beg us all to blindly submit endlessly and use your heart, then you realize he is not really yelling at anyone or being condescending, it’s just his way to make himself feel useful and constructive believing his posts are actually changing minds and more concessions will be forth coming because of his consistent pleas. He never learned how to accept defeat, to walk away and pick up the pieces and start over, or at least his posts sure seem to show us that anyway.

These boards would have a void in them without the good captain. Look at all the people who yell at him through his posts then count all the activity those very same posts sparked and then you realize he is a real part of the game, like it or not, love or hate that fact.

Personally I am not filled with anger like he likes to say the NO voters are filled with. I am not angry with anyone and surely not the good captain. I just find it entertaining watching all the different personalities react to each on these boards and learn a little bit from each and every one of those personalities.

I believe that at this stage of U’s events most employees have made up their minds on what they as individuals will do with the rest of their lives, be it ride it out till the end or quit right now or very soon, but most people working at U have an idea of what their next move is going to be. That said, it’s just fun to watch all the activity the captain’s topics and posts spark when in reality, I believe the outcome has already been decided.

Cav, I take these boards with a grain of salt. Let's face it: We're all adults on here sometimes we act like children, that's what makes it so much fun. Still, take the posts on here for what they are: Venting! People are fed up, and there are those on here who feel it is their "duty" to overpost (I call it bb b*tch slapping) to get people to think like they do. It's like Junior High on here sometimes; the smarty pants know-it-all (okay we'll call him a nerd) comes in the room and starts teaching class. However, the class begins to throw spit balls and paper airplanes at the know-it-all/nerd. It's because of this elitist attitude towards those in the class, the know-it-all/nerd's message is lost. What we have here is the paradox that no message will be taken seriously because of the messenger. :blink: