Passengers of Size Upgraded before US2's

Good.
I hate to see some poor soul in an unfortunate situation be made comfortable.

sky high states: Ohhhh, if we're going to go there. Anyone in a middle seat, anyone over 6 feet tall or sitting next to a <gasp>...crying baby should be made more comfortable? (moved up)

SKY HIGH states: It wasnt until I got on the internet, and conversed with several frequent flyers that my attitude is now: Flight attendants should NEVER upgrade passengers. Or use the first class cabhin to appease a passenger in coach. Those currently sitting there PAID FOR IT OR USED UPGRADES OR MILES TO GET THERE.

Generally, large people infringe on their seat neighbors by lifting up the armrest in COACH.

Sky HIGH... I have a major problem with Flight Attendants should never upgrade a passenger in coach...

My IOM states I will be held accountable for my actions/and non-actions... Which its my job to make assertiveness and influence when appropriate.

If I want to upgrade anyone to F/C. I am the one held accountable for any actions inside the CABIN.,

So if I move a military/or militarys family or anyone. Its my decision. That's what our IOM/FAEM says. I am held by a code of conduct and I take my job with the upmost professionalism.

But NEVER SAY That I SHOULD NEVER MOVE ANYONE UP TO FIRST. I am allowed to once the Aircraft is in my charge. I am not MR. FA that moves and makes my own rules up but I will take into affect human factors that are involved in each and every boarding that I am involved in.

=SB

Sky HIGH... I have a major problem with Flight Attendants should never upgrade a passenger in coach...

My IOM states I will be held accountable for my actions/and non-actions... Which its my job to make assertiveness and influence when appropriate.

If I want to upgrade anyone to F/C. I am the one held accountable for any actions inside the CABIN.,

So if I move a military/or militarys family or anyone. Its my decision. That's what our IOM/FAEM says. I am held by a code of conduct and I take my job with the upmost professionalism.

But NEVER SAY That I SHOULD NEVER MOVE ANYONE UP TO FIRST. I am allowed to once the Aircraft is in my charge. I am not MR. FA that moves and makes my own rules up but I will take into affect human factors that are involved in each and every boarding that I am involved in.

=SB
You're like Super Stew...we should get you your very own Show!!!

Sure, why not if someone is having a bad day?

I’m not talking about schmoozers.

sky high states: Because FIRST CLASS is a PRODUCT with a price tag. You've diminished it's value by throwing anyone into a seat that should go to people who actually PAY FOR IT, Upgrade or use miles.

Bad day, you say?.....well, then I guess I should be able to sit first row center at a concert, box seats at a baseball game or balcony seats at a broadway show??? LOL!

Sorry, I dont know how many miles it takes to "upgrade" to Europe, but I would be totally pissed if I used say, 50,000 miles and observed a flight attendant casually upgrade someone on a whim. And, YES. It's been done.

Whether you're overweight or having a bad day. If YOU'VE PURCHASED A COACH SEAT. That's where you should expect to sit.

Just keep in mind that it's the Customer, NOT your precious IOM/FAEM that ultimately puts food on your table.

Bob, to get to the food on the table both the customer and the IOM have to be appeased.

sky high states: Accountable to whom? You do it because you can get away with it. Management isnt looking over your shoulder when you violate policies and procedures!

Management isnt looking over your shoulder when you violate policies and procedures!

That is totally false.

While it is unusual for a supervisor to actually be onboard doing a line check or such, there are plenty of Secret Shoppers and non-revs who will blow the whistle on a crew that doesn't conform to IOM or company policies.

SKY HIGH. !
If you would have read my post. I do put people in F/C. I will do it if a gate agent (couldn't at the last minute). Or a Flight Attendant wishes someone be put up in F/C. If the Capt wishes for someone to be in F/C. I try to take into consideration. HUMAN FACTORS (problems with tickets, staff, other airline situations, Katrina Victims, Military, and who ever I feel needs the extra seats. I am well liked by my mangt. They also know I do not do things out of place. I might even have moved a UM if I feel like it.

I dont think its a bad thing to take into consideration Human factors. I would say Its not a bad thing to Put MILITARY UP IN FIRST CLASS? IF they fight for my freedom. I'll BE DAMNED IF ANy passengers says that's should not happen. Which I dont think any of my passengers would care. I take care of my F/C passengers with the supplies/and equipment I am given.

As far as me taking the IOM/FAEM. I follow it to keep from getting in trouble. I have yet to be written up for trying to make someone who needs to be given a (BREAK) up in F/C. I will keep putting people up in F/C if I want. The only one I am accountable for is my Mananger. And I have yet to have any comments sent in. I have done it on HAWAII Flights also...SO thanks for your kind concern.... :)

As far as following the policy and procedure's: by a BLACK/WHITE Standard is not followed on the EAST... and I know its not followed 100% on the WEST.... So I dont want to hear that WEST FA's are 100% by the book. Cause we are not. It all depends on if we feel something is out of place....

As far as Secret Shoppers and non-revs. I've yet to be written up for moving people who needed to be place up in F/C.

AS far as customers who feel that it was wrong... I am always free to ask why I did something. Anyone is free to ask me why I would move a military personal up front. I would be happy to tell them that this person just got back from IRAQ and (tell there story-that the gate agent told me) Which someone has asked me... After I told them they wrote in a letter about how happy they were to see that I was taking "SPECIAL" Care of our military.

AS far as other passengers members (in coach). I have been asked why I moved someone. I told them there story and they were satisifed with it. Not always does the passengers in coach know the full story that a gate agent gives a Flight attendant. Sometimes I don't have to explain to the coach cabin why I am moving 23B up to F/C because its time to close the MCD. I do things with logic. If someone want to write in. I say let them. I will explain it. I write up everything I do on a paring and I keep them at home. I keep every Delay and everything that happens at boarding in a file at home. So if I am ever called in : I have a reason to say : Why I did something.

Who is AL... ANd why do I CAre.... ?

-SB

If this is to get me upset its not. I just am trying to do the job with the best of my ability. I am a very (BLUE PERSON): You give your love and friendship unconditionally. You enjoy long, thoughtful conversations rich in philosophy and spirituality. You are very loyal and intuitive.

So I try to do the best I CAN....

<SNIP> I do put people in F/C.
Holy Smokes! You can’t say things like that!

Didn’t you see the new posters down in the Crew Room?

f9rbj1wa.jpg

If you would have read my post. I do put people in F/C. I will do it if a gate agent (couldn't at the last minute). Or a Flight Attendant wishes someone be put up in F/C. If the Capt wishes for someone to be in F/C. I try to take into consideration. HUMAN FACTORS (problems with tickets, staff, other airline situations, Katrina Victims, Military, and who ever I feel needs the extra seats. I am well liked by my mangt. They also know I do not do things out of place. I might even have moved a UM if I feel like it.

I dont think its a bad thing to take into consideration Human factors. I would say Its not a bad thing to Put MILITARY UP IN FIRST CLASS? IF they fight for my freedom. I'll BE DAMNED IF ANy passengers says that's should not happen. Which I dont think any of my passengers would care. I take care of my F/C passengers with the supplies/and equipment I am given.

As far as me taking the IOM/FAEM. I follow it to keep from getting in trouble. I have yet to be written up for trying to make someone who needs to be given a (BREAK) up in F/C. I will keep putting people up in F/C if I want. The only one I am accountable for is my Mananger. And I have yet to have any comments sent in. I have done it on HAWAII Flights also...SO thanks for your kind concern.... :)

As far as following the policy and procedure's: by a BLACK/WHITE Standard is not followed on the EAST... and I know its not followed 100% on the WEST.... So I dont want to hear that WEST FA's are 100% by the book. Cause we are not. It all depends on if we feel something is out of place....

As far as Secret Shoppers and non-revs. I've yet to be written up for moving people who needed to be place up in F/C.

AS far as customers who feel that it was wrong... I am always free to ask why I did something. Anyone is free to ask me why I would move a military personal up front. I would be happy to tell them that this person just got back from IRAQ and (tell there story-that the gate agent told me) Which someone has asked me... After I told them they wrote in a letter about how happy they were to see that I was taking "SPECIAL" Care of our military.

AS far as other passengers members (in coach). I have been asked why I moved someone. I told them there story and they were satisifed with it. Not always does the passengers in coach know the full story that a gate agent gives a Flight attendant. Sometimes I don't have to explain to the coach cabin why I am moving 23B up to F/C because its time to close the MCD. I do things with logic. If someone want to write in. I say let them. I will explain it. I write up everything I do on a paring and I keep them at home. I keep every Delay and everything that happens at boarding in a file at home. So if I am ever called in : I have a reason to say : Why I did something.

Who is AL... ANd why do I CAre.... ?
-SB

If this is to get me upset its not. I just am trying to do the job with the best of my ability. I am a very (BLUE PERSON): You give your love and friendship unconditionally. You enjoy long, thoughtful conversations rich in philosophy and spirituality. You are very loyal and intuitive.

So I try to do the best I CAN....
Did they tell you that?