PHIL-A-DELPHIA Freedom!

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
On COMPASS they had the Q&As from the webcast. Releated to the X-MAS melt down one said that staffing in PHL was up 35% from last year and mentioned the 2 mil $ in equipment.
My question is are those people all up and running and have you seen the new equipment yet?
Thanksgiving seemed to go well!
Great job for all those that worked through it!
Hope Christmas goes as well! That would do a lot for the employees and the public to see that as a one time fiasco and not SOP.

On COMPASS they had the Q&As from the webcast. Releated to the X-MAS melt down one said that staffing in PHL was up 35% from last year and mentioned the 2 mil $ in equipment.
My question is are those people all up and running and have you seen the new equipment yet?
Thanksgiving seemed to go well!
Great job for all those that worked through it!
Hope Christmas goes as well! That would do a lot for the employees and the public to see that as a one time fiasco and not SOP.
NO NEW EQUIP. AS OF 12-02-05. THUGS IN TUGS STILL BEING TRAINED (LOL). :ph34r:

NO NEW EQUIP. AS OF 12-02-05. THUGS IN TUGS STILL BEING TRAINED (LOL). :ph34r:

Definitley no new equipment. I had two tugs die on me yesterday, and they had a full tank of gas! Two hours later I finally saw GSE come over and pick them up.

Today, 12/2/5, 4 tugs, 3 beltloaders, and 1 pushback arrived in PHL. They are down at GSE, and they are painted white. They will be in service after a few minor modifications,hopefully in a couple of days. Also more to come trickling in.

Today, 12/2/5, 4 tugs, 3 beltloaders, and 1 pushback arrived in PHL. They are down at GSE, and they are painted white. They will be in service after a few minor modifications,hopefully in a couple of days. Also more to come trickling in.

Good news muircross. Small start, but moving in the right direction. Let's hope the "trickle" quickens the pace abit.

Any idea what a tug, beltoader and a pushback cost?
To me I would think less then a new car, but if they are like everything else in aviation its 4-5 times that.

Oh PineyBob,

You brought a blush to this wizened old cheek of mine! And made my day!

Chocolate on me, next time, OK?

Dea

PineyBob,

LOL! OK, chocolate from you and green limes for your gin and tonic from me!

Dea

OK, If things are supposedly better at Philly, then why the hundreds of baggage claim files in LAS this weekend from PHL flights just at HP alone? Seein as I work in RA (Quality Mgmt) at PHX HP REZ, and we take the bag calls, it was a H... of a Christmas last year alone, let alone just the calls this weekend and yesterday regarding PHL bags. Is HP/US combined at PHL now? It's annoying as all get out to get these calls from frustrated pax and it sure seemed like last Christmas was already starting to many of us this weekend. So, those of you who work there, please, tell me, was it an equipment issue? Or is it bag handlers ways of getting to the company? Just remember, what you guys do doesn't just affect your dept. It affects all of us. We were left last year having to answer for all those bag delays. Even tho HP and US weren't merged, as I'm sure you know it dominoed across the entire industry!

We were left with the impression that there were many who called in sick in protest of what the company was doing with the bankrupcy and contracts and concessions. What is truthfully going on there? It sure seems to us (who have pax yelling in our ear) that something more is up ...again.

Can I just tell them to call the rampers instead of us? Seein' as we're soooo underpaid in comparison to what US East folks get to begin with. My stomach was turning in hesitation that this could be the start of another disaster season.

Latest posts