PHL-AUS/SAT: New flights

Awesome news, condisering its mainline flying. However, this will bring SAT up to 3 mainline departures at a Express station which is a violation of the Customer Service CBA.

Awesome news, condisering its mainline flying. However, this will bring SAT up to 3 mainline departures at a Express station which is a violation of the Customer Service CBA.

I assume you mean that mainline customer service would have to work it? Hopefully the is the case and that will happen. Perhaps they are pulling one of the other departures on that day? (I don't know their contract, but I would bet management does). What ever the answer it is nice to see actual US Airways planes in the domestic market.

Reactions: 2 people
What ever the answer it is nice to see actual US Airways planes in the domestic market.

Except it won't be additional mainline service but rather a reshuffling of where the same planes fly. As long as the mainline fleet stays the same size that's the best you'll see. Still, hopefully the service will be profitable and the service will last.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person

Then I think it would become a mainline express station-ML Express agents I believe make 50 cents an hour less..and it would have to be a US manager for customer services. Wonder if it will stick.

This may also result in more service from PHL to AUS and SAT. If past history is any guide, I can tell you there is no such thing as too much service to AUS and SAT. It doesn't seem to matter how many flights we add to those two cities, the flights are always full. Both cities are almost mini-hubs with non-stop service to just about every major cities in the U.S.

CWA/IBT negotiated a concessionary contract for the LUS airport agents CWA/IBT gave up 2 mainline jets a day scope, Allowing CWA represented express agents to do mainline work.

CWA represented Piedmont Express and Envoy and the company are whipsawing the mainline union work

Latest posts