PHL-TLV bookable now!

That's just fine. Here's another one: did I miss it or where are we flying these things. TLV for sure and maybe China (2 a/c) how about the other 2?

TLV is the only one set in stone as of now. TLV will require 2 planes, but it can worked in nicely with another European city in a 3-plane rotation. DME has long been rumored; IST is a probably a more remote possibility (at least for this year); otherwise, it could always be sent to ATH. I have no idea where the last 2 will go, but the delivery dates don't particularly lend themselves well towards a European destination seeing as the won't be here until the 4Q.

You almost certainly won't see them in China. US already has a free pass from the DOT to delay the start date until March 2010 and frankly, between the volatility in oil, economic downturn and the impact of the Boeing strike on the used a/c market (the A332 is really not well-suited for this route, unless its a low density configuration), I'm doubtful that it'll even launch in 2010.

Are we keeping the same numbers with the 76's and A330's? Are the new planes a net gain in widebodies?

Latest word from Ed Bular is that there are no plans to retire any widebody a/c; also, more B757s will be ETOPs by next year.

I know of three onfirmed deliveries:
May 09
June 09
September 09
The planned routes for the 2 Fall deliveries have been a mystery to me. Although DME has been mentioned before, US within the past few weeks requested a code sharing approval for PHL-DME, via Zurich and Swiss (year round). Although this request has opened up a can of worms for the DOT from UA, DL and AA, I think it illustrates that a non-stop may be off the table for at least a year, if not longer. Winter use of the 2 332s poses interesting possibilities - assuming fuel continues to drop to acceptable levels. They could be used for PHX-NRT, but that may be a too risky. I wouldn't be surprised if finally an attempt was made for a route to deep South America, particularly GIG (RIO) and EZE (Buenos AIres), although I haven't reviewed the latest negotiated bilaterals. The 332 should perform well at full specified capacity to either of those destinations from both PHL and CLT. This may be a better possibility than before since TAM has just agreed to join and been accepted into Star Alliance.

They could be used for PHX-NRT, but that may be a too risky. I wouldn't be surprised if finally an attempt was made for a route to deep South America, particularly GIG (RIO) and EZE (Buenos AIres), although I haven't reviewed the latest negotiated bilaterals.

I personally doubt you'll see them out in PHX this soon, especially while the fleet count is only at 5; it seems that you would want to have a spare readily available out there should something happen and they don't really have that many extra planes to spare right away.

EZE has plenty on frequencies available as of now; Brazil is different story though. GRU has no open slots under at least 2011, and from what I gathered from the most recent bilateral, Brazilian authorities can consider opening up more GIG slots starting in 2010.