Another Shining Moment in PHL Today.

Yep you guessed it. Say what you must but it happened just as I posted. Just another great example of why phl...well hmmm nevermind. It's grrrrrreat. Keep up the good work. :up:

Also as for you 700, don't tell me what happened or what didn't happen. They CLEARLY knew the bags were there and were told about them. The ramp cleared as soon as the aircraft was pushed.

Guess you never read the Ramp Operations Manual, once a plane is pushed off the gate, you are not suppose to load or unload luggage, the plane is suppose to come back to the gate.

See it is not safe to work a plane in the middle of the tarmac.

Well that is fine and well. All safety procedures should be followed. The situation still did not have to happen. Again, GREAT JOB. When your locked in the plane and trying to make every excuse under the sun for why the bag was not loaded it puts you in a bad position. The captain had already said over the PA that the baggage crew was over on B-10 and would be over as soon as they were done. So they were working short and that is understandable. There is obviously a problem there. It was worse when the captain told us that the crew said that it wasnt the military guys bags. So now the guy is told that he can't read and doesn't know the very bag he packed. Honestly! ! ! :rolleyes: Oh yeah, someone mentioned that "I" have nothing good to say about PHL ever and all I do is [email protected] how much good press do you YOU read about the PHL airport and the US operation there? Yeah, anyway. Because the situation happened does not mean that some have to come on here and slam someone for posting it. Grow up. Face the fact that there is a HUGE and I do mean H U G E problem in PHL. Many of the workers there DO NOT CARE.

Ref: "Whoever the baggage people were today working B-8 in PHL should be ashamed..."

About every post this person makes is the same thing. Whine, complain and bash anything to do with US Airways or PHL airport. Never offers a constructive post about anything. This latest tirade is about as clearly descriptive as the rest. Probably works for CO.
Sorry to burst your bubble.....but everything he says about PHL is the sad, sad truth.........

The real story is just how bad we are screwing our customers........

Yet another example of our customer's experience with PHL http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/business/15411833.htm

This bad press about PHL has been going on for years and will continue for many more to come unless management wakes up, admits its failings in PHL and finds another way to connect our customers in the northeast.....

Oh and HOOOOOW I forgot this part. When the captain was going back and fourth with the ground crew he asked what the names were on the bags. The ground crew said they couldn't say or wouldn't say. WHY? PHL int'l is great, US in PHL is great. What a well greased wheel. LOL. Obviously hit a nerve somewhere. LOL Isn't it funny that you never hear about these problems with other airlines at PHL. Save the BS that it's because US is biggest at PHL. The situation was crap as is the whole PHL operation. nighty nite. And I'm a complainer here on USaviation....I'll rest my head on that one....LOL goodnight.

Oh and HOOOOOW I forgot this part. When the captain was going back and fourth with the ground crew he asked what the names were on the bags. The ground crew said they couldn't say or wouldn't say. WHY? PHL int'l is great, US in PHL is great. What a well greased wheel. LOL. Obviously hit a nerve somewhere. LOL Isn't it funny that you never hear about these problems with other airlines at PHL. Save the BS that it's because US is biggest at PHL. The situation was crap as is the whole PHL operation. nighty nite. And I'm a complainer here on USaviation....I'll rest my head on that one....LOL goodnight.
Don't worry, there are plenty of us employees throughout the system the feel the same as you. We just scratch our heads in bis belief at the horror stories coming out of that place....
Believe me it sickens us too because it is a direct reflection on all of the long term, hard working veterans of this company who have had to stand by and watch the utter destruction of our once great airline by one screwed up management team after another, and I'm starting to feel that this one is no better......

Whoever the baggage people were today working B-8 in PHL
Hmmmmm......Saturday night in PHL.....The most junior of the junior workforce.
This is what they want.....This is the future!
This is where their 305 million profit comes from!

Same story different day ...... last flight out of PHL comes in with 16 passengers and no bags. Remarks put into computer by the gate agent in PHL indicated they were holding for them. 30 mins later flight pushes. Psgrs all reported they saw there bags setting at the gate the whole time and no one bothered to load them. Said multiple ramp agents walked pass them, look at them and walked off. :down:

PHL-GSO?
That's Express.....contracted out....worked by people that mainline won't hire. And we'll hire ANYONE!

:angry: This is so typical.
If you don't work in a department....you have no idea what is really going on. Agents have no real way of knowing what mechanics/pilots/F/A, etc are up against....etc...and vise versa. However, I will say this again. Pilots & F/A NEVER experience what some of the other workers do. If a pilot looks to his right and no-one is there.....you don't go. Same applies for F/A. You short a F/A?....you wait until you get the required number. Agents look right or left and if no-one is there... they have to continue doing the best job they can alone. "The crew" and management expect them to carry on...even alone.
You can say this is typical of PHL. Do you really know what their work conditions really are...and how they have to work? JUDGE YOUR DEPARTMENT (what you know) and leave the rest alone.
(I'm retired...why should I care?)

:angry: This is so typical.
You short a F/A?....you wait until you get the required number. Agents look right or left and if no-one is there... they have to continue doing the best job they can alone. "The crew" and management expect them to carry on...even alone.
This alone is one of the big differences between flight crew and ground crew and how staffing is formulate and how the job’s are accomplish. Management will short hand ground crew because they can.

Let see who's job is it to make sure PHL has enough employees, equipment and who's job is it to "manage" the employees?

Let see who's job is it to make sure PHL has enough employees, equipment and who's job is it to "manage" the employees?
That would be Mr. Parker...but he's too busy counting his new found wealth to manage the people (management) that are supposed to be taking care of these problems.