Another Shining Moment in PHL Today.

I'll go out on a limb here, but if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I bet that the "premier" Us/PHL inbounds, the 767 and A-330 European flights, get xfer bags xfered "like a champ" !!!

Let me be the first!
One thing about Philly....we're consistant!
The bags coming out of customs miss their connections just as much as everywhere else.
No department gets special treatment...(equipment, people, ect.)
Oooops...not true....the HP metal flights get more people but they don't have equipment either.

Not "WILL NOT" it's "CANNOT"
Bags runners in PHL have to wait up to 45 mins after their flight gets in for another runner to return with a tug so they can run their flight....NOT ENOUGH TUGS!

Almost 50% of the connecting bags for an Express flight come from OTHER EXPRESS flights.....the contract ramp runs these themselves. Are you sure all the missing bags are coming from mainline?

Yes, we do have some agents that don't care....they have nothing invested and no chance of a future with this company so why should they?
There are enough tugs it's that they are being used for all the wrong resons :shock: like going over to to c con instead of walking or being left at catering or being left down express. Bring back the tug police.

Are you serious?

Having been on the ramp in PHL(not fleet service) there is a severe shortage of tugs, carts and beltloaders.

Put down the koolade and take off the rose colored glasses.

There are enough tugs it's that they are being used for all the wrong resons :shock: like going over to to c con instead of walking or being left at catering or being left down express. Bring back the tug police.

You're a crack head!
Even if we had enough but they were being misused....who is managing the operation?

PHL has more fleet service employees now they we've had in a decade......When Grantham promised 44 new tugs it was new and "ZERO TIME REFURBISHED" tugs!
Those tugs that were just refurbished were already part of the compliment of tugs we had and are not in addition to the fleet!
When you have agents waiting for 45 minutes for a tug just to do their job......that is a problem! On many occasions the bags have already missed before the transfer runner even picks them up!

You can hire 1000 fleet service agents.....but if they don't have tugs, beltloaders, pushbacks, or towbars......it is a waste of time.

BTW....I am talking operational tugs....not counting the 30 or so that don't start every morning and sit for days on end on the gate!

Hello folks,
I am Craig Mccoy, a reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer.
I've been reading the various US Airways/luggage posts with great interst, and it's obvious that the posters here have a wealth of information, opinions and passion.

Could people please call me for a story I am doing on the Philadelphia luggage situation?

My number is 215-854-4821.
My email is [email protected]

thanks

Craig
staff writer

that wat happens when you screw the fleet service workers

LCC want all layed off workers to come back for day 1 wages
they get what they pay for nothing

Welcome Craig, by the way, "Luggage" is what you win on a gameshow. "Baggage" is what we load on airplanes-sometimes.