PHX Sky Harbor

K granted I didnt Read ALL your comments... BUT I will once again go with the unforseen Gratitude that I resigned from US AIR because of a Fucked up Union !!! Seems the Left coast still isn't quite sure what the Right coast is doing and the PAX from the right coast are gettin lost becuase of the R coast Flight Attendants directions through the Terminal !!! Hey if you need to connect through ORD DO NOT DO A 30 MIN connection.... 3 years and A LOT of miss connects tell me that !!!!

Mostly it was a regional airline. I was out in Sky Harbor I think Summer of 2000 and I was waiting for a flight that was a due to depart at 8AM and it was like 8:25 and I noticed NOTHING moving. Huge crowds in all boarding areas. Then all of the sudden things started to move.

Was a rather surreal scene, G/A's with heads down giving no info of any kind. I found out later that the HP was minutes away from being grounded by the FAA for faulty MTC paperwork. NOT faulty MTC, just bad paperwork. Actual safey was never an issue IIRC.

I stopped flying HP when the CO code share expired. The "Titanic" knowing what we know now would have likely survived as it had enough funds (barely) to exit BK and given the profit performance it likely would be flying today as a stand alone carrier. HP's financial position was not good either at time of merger so on paper the merger made sense. Still does and a huge part of my frustration is that it could have gone so much better but the former HP managers don't seem to be up to the job.
PLZ get our facts straight before your ignorant self post MTC was never a prob in 2000 try 1998 when we cancelled flts left and right and as far as your PHX-AUS connection it isnt even a vaild HP flt number so plz get some clues you free loader(thats why you couldnt find your flt doesnt exsist on HP metal)

Do me a favor Yugo, Pull your Bottom Lip over Head,
THEN SWALLOW!
Dont you have a parade to go to in PHX

PLZ get our facts straight before your ignorant self post MTC was never a prob in 2000 try 1998 when we cancelled flts left and right and as far as your PHX-AUS connection it isnt even a vaild HP flt number so plz get some clues you free loader(thats why you couldnt find your flt doesnt exsist on HP metal)
Dont you have a parade to go to in PHX

Yugo,
Learn How to read 1192 was the flight. He stated US. HP was the AUS leg.

OK, now I know that PHL is a cluster, but what genius was it that planned PHX? On three different occasions now, we have had misconnects because passengers were confused as to where their connecting gates were. What other airport has two Concourse As and two Concourse Bs? East flights (until recently) arrived at gates B-13, 14, and 15. One would think that if you're connecting on Concourse B, that the gate would be just down the hall. But no, gate B-20 is on a DIFFERENT hallway a half mile a way. Would it not be logical to simply rename all four corridors to "A, B, C, and D"?

And for the record, Tempe, 26 minutes is NOT enough time to connect passengers in an airport with distances just as great as those between Philadelphia's C-30 and A-26.

You would of have to of been here when the terminal was built.
Terminal, Parking and 4 concourses A,B (America West) C,D
(Southwest) with gates 1-14 then they added 4 more concourses one on each end of A,B,C,and D over the years. just like PHL A/E, A/W concourses then you lost all ryhme and reason when you got to concourse C and started with 16. Need I go on :shock:

Airport Check-in: Billions in new construction set for Phoenix
Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix is among the airports featured this week in USA TODAY reporter Roger Yu's Airport Check-in column. In his column, Yu writes:

"Travelers at Phoenix Sky Harbor are facing years more of construction. The City Council last week approved a new people-mover train system that will connect to the city's light rail system that's under construction. The new train system will eventually cost $1.1 billion and is tentatively set to open in 2013. The city is planning to spend an additional $2.5 billion to renovate the airport. Some of the projects envisioned: a new 33-gate terminal that would replace Terminal 2, modernization of other terminals and two new taxiways.

"It would be the airport's most expensive capital project in its history. Construction for the projects will begin later this year. The airport's two main carriers, US Airways and Southwest, face higher rent and fees because of the projects, and oppose them.The airport has undergone a series of extensive construction projects over the past three years. It has renovated its busiest terminal and has added a concourse and a parking garage."

Check out the full version of Yu's column in today's USA TODAY newspaper or online.

The west is growing
7/2006 7/2000 TOTAL GROWTH
Arizona 6,166,318 5,166,693 6166-5166=1 million
PHX 2005 2000 1990
Population 1,461,575 1,321,045 983,403 INCREASE

7/2006 7/2000 TOTAL GROWTH
Pennsylvania 12,440,621 12,281,054 12440-12281=159 thousand
PHL 2005 2000 1990
Population 1,463,281 1,517,550 1,585,577 DECEASE

You would of have to of been here when the terminal was built.
Terminal, Parking and 4 concourses A,B (America West) C,D
(Southwest) with gates 1-14 then they added 4 more concourses one on each end of A,B,C,and D over the years. just like PHL A/E, A/W concourses then you lost all ryhme and reason when you got to concourse C and started with 16. Need I go on :shock:
Actually, that was done on purpose. Customers kept showing up at the wrong gate when misreading or "mishearing" gate assignments (the letter "B" and the letter "C" sound a lot alike). PHL Concourse B has gates 1-15 and Concourse C has gates 16-26. That way if you are connecting on US, if you at least get the gate number right, you'll find the airplane (note: this was before the construction of the A Terminal).