Sometimes they get it right!

Well as you all know the Thanksgiving Holiday is coming up. I used my miles to fly my niece home for the holidays.

Well my niece was scheduled to fly LAX PHX DCA this morning. Well her LAX PHX leg was delayed 40 mins due to crew rest and her connecting gates were very far (A concourse to B concourse)apart in PHX and she might not make her next flight since she would only have 20 minutes to get to her next gate.

My niece went to the gate agent and talked to him and said what are the chances that I will make my next flight in PHX. He said well maam you better run once you get there. She said, great. So she went to go to starbucks and get coffee which is just down from the gate.

While in line the gate agent came over to her with a boarding pass and confirmed her on the the earlier flight that was leaving for PHX. He said, maam I have your boarding pass for xxxx express flight and it's boarding right now....he said, "Sorry you need to step out of the starbucks line and board the aircraft."

She was very shocked and very happy that he went out of his way to do this.

When she got over to the gate the ticket agent (which was a different man) said that they had been waiting for her and was happy that they could assist her.

Bravo to the gate agent for doing this US Airways does get it right some times and you can bet I will report this so that this GA gets the credit.

Now my question is should I report this? I want US to know how great this agent was. But on the flip side I don't want him to get into any trouble if he wasn't suppose to do this.

Now my question is should I report this? I want US to know how great this agent was. But on the flip side I don't want him to get into any trouble if he wasn't suppose to do this.

It is a great story and it is the way any business that is selling a commodity product needs to behave in order to distinguish themselves from their competitors. Right or wrong from the company perspective, it was the right thing thing to do for the passenger.

Well as you all know the Thanksgiving Holiday is coming up. I used my miles to fly my niece home for the holidays.

Well my niece was scheduled to fly LAX PHX DCA this morning. Well her LAX PHX leg was delayed 40 mins due to crew rest and her connecting gates were very far (A concourse to B concourse)apart in PHX and she might not make her next flight since she would only have 20 minutes to get to her next gate.

My niece went to the gate agent and talked to him and said what are the chances that I will make my next flight in PHX. He said well maam you better run once you get there. She said, great. So she went to go to starbucks and get coffee which is just down from the gate.

While in line the gate agent came over to her with a boarding pass and confirmed her on the the earlier flight that was leaving for PHX. He said, maam I have your boarding pass for xxxx express flight and it's boarding right now....he said, "Sorry you need to step out of the starbucks line and board the aircraft."

When she got over to the gate the ticket agent (which was a different man) said that they had been waiting for her and was happy that they could assist her.

Bravo to the gate agent for doing this US Airways does get it right some times and you can bet I will report this so that this GA gets the credit.

Of course you should report this! GA was going "above and beyond" providing excellent customer service. Don't know who the LAX station manager is, but I would copy in Donna Paladini, VP Customer Service. Everyone likes a pat on the back when they do something right. Lord knows, the GA take a lot of grief when things go poorly.

:up:

It is good to hear that LAX is still a good station. When I was flying on US, I encountered some of the best US employees and one really really really went out of his way to help me make a flight that I was late for on the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend because of a delayed UA connection from T9....ugh..never again will I do that...and then Pink ended up being on that flight and she didn't understand why they blocked the lav/galley with the cart and then she signed one of the F/A's shirts in black magic marker.

Of course you should report this! GA was going "above and beyond" providing excellent customer service. Don't know who the LAX station manager is, but I would copy in Donna Paladini, VP Customer Service. Everyone likes a pat on the back when they do something right. Lord knows, the GA take a lot of grief when things go poorly.

:up:

If it gets reported the GA might get fired for making a change without collecting the change fee.

:ph34r:

I think the real motivation here was to get her to not purchase coffee at Starbucks and pay for the crap they serve onboard. :lol:

If it gets reported the GA might get fired for making a change without collecting the change fee.

:ph34r:

There would not (let me rephrase - should not) have been a change fee to accommodate a customer from a delayed flight. OP said it was delayed due to crew rest.

Crew rest? Why? Debbie and Betty have the whole flight to sit and rest on the jumpseat...it's not like people are buying a ton of beverages. From what I've been told, most flights apparently don't even use the carts to serve any longer. And who is eating those horrible US BOB's?

GREAT story!

This is how it use to be...and how I would love it to be.

And for everyone else...PVD is still, from my perspective, THE BEST station...by a bunch! Go PVD! :up:

Crew rest? Why? Debbie and Betty have the whole flight to sit and rest on the jumpseat...it's not like people are buying a ton of beverages. From what I've been told, most flights apparently don't even use the carts to serve any longer. And who is eating those horrible US BOB's?

You are a big meanie.

Maybe Debbie and Betty had sore hineys needing rest.

Probably the pilots FAA required rest break which one should be grateful.

:rolleyes: No way on earth this would happen. This was excellent customer service and would be recognized as such by the powers that be. :up:

I wouldn't put it past anyone in the ranks of US Airways management to discipline an employee who may have been "thinking outside the box" and doing something right for a passenger.

Our management likes to pass out discipline, suspensions and pink slips far more than attaboys and kudos. :down:

Actually from a post on FT this agent will not get into trouble. Since the orig flight was delayed due to crew rest and since the passenger probably would have missed her connection. This would be considered and invol re-route. So I think it's safe to shoot off the letter.

Latest posts