Pilot voluntary furloughs

Aug 20, 2002
On Nov 3 the request for voluntary furloughs for pilots closed. Has anybody heard the outcome of the requests. Rumor has it that 70 pilots requested voluntary furlough but those to be furloughed in January have not been told how many jobs (if any) are safe since the Jan bid has been published with all the expected furloughees off the list.

If there were more than 1 or 2 voluntary furloughs, I would be floored. You're talking about giving up a $130,000 job.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/10/2002 6:26:15 PM Falco wrote:

If there were more than 1 or 2 voluntary furloughs, I would be floored. You're talking about giving up a $130,000 job.

Our idea of furlough packets and what maybe in a pilot's packet could be world' apart.....I bet it's more than 90 days benefits and free flight benefits! Anyone who can compare CWA/IAM to ALPA offers?

As a F/S agent, I looked into the furlough / retirement offer. When I called benefits and local unemployement office.. I was shocked.
Medical cost after 90 days....employee only $300 mo
family coverage $800 +
Unemployeement for max 26 weeks. First 8 weeks could turn down jobs offered if not close to salary making...then according to them, must accept any job offer after the 8 weeks over. This is in NC
This offer was a joke. Was just so it could be said that they were trying to look after both senior and junior people.