Pit Transfers To Int Res

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Any idea how many will transfer? I transferred to INT awhile back and they really are a wonderful group of people...it's a mix of all the old res offices combined.

Word is that it is around 120. Crazy People. Could'nt pay me to move with this company. New Job for me!!!!!!! Start 07March. Both jobs till I get my release date!!!! Goodluck to all that Move!!!! :up:

RumorS said:
Word is that it is around 120. Crazy People. Could'nt pay me to move with this company. New Job for me!!!!!!! Start 07March. Both jobs till I get my release date!!!! Goodluck to all that Move!!!! :up:
[post="246337"][/post]​

Why are they crazy? Do you have a new contract with your new job that guarantees no move, no layoff? Company doesn't go out of business? Sounds like utopia -------in Pittsburgh no less. Please let all your fellow non-crazy people in on this employer.

The way I see it, more opportunity down south, comparable cost of living, better weather. But the down side, no periogies or Steelers. Oh my god, I wouldn't move either.

Good luck to the 120.

I agree plain jane, Rumors sounds like you need to go and good luck. Find another project other than bashin!

I didnt bash anyone...I wished them Goodluck!!! And as for my new job .. Its Goverment. Pays More. Monday through Friday. 11 paid Holidays. 2 weeks vacation to start. And a Pension. O and great benefits. But thanks for asking!!!

Good for you Rumors, Nice to see you were proactive and found yourself a better job, plus goverment is just as secure if not more than US Scareways, Its not like you have to worry about them going out of business.

planejane said:
Why are they crazy? Do you have a new contract with your new job that guarantees no move, no layoff? Company doesn't go out of business? Sounds like utopia -------in Pittsburgh no less. Please let all your fellow non-crazy people in on this employer.

The way I see it, more opportunity down south, comparable cost of living, better weather. But the down side, no periogies or Steelers. Oh my god, I wouldn't move either.

Good luck to the 120.
[post="246341"][/post]​
hey Planejane
The crew from Deliverance called they need you for the dueling banjo gig out in the woods. PS Ned Beatty wont be there this time.

I believe Rumors said people were crazy for moving for the company. There is absolutely no job security with U and anyone other than those who are close to retirement or seeking an opportunity to reestablish themselves in another area without U are crazy.

UsFliboi,

Again and again and again you misconstrue someone's words.

I too am from PIt and have found a position on the same level as Rumors. Better benies, twice the pay, and secure as a baby in swaddling clothes. Plus tuition reimbursement regardless of the subject of study, more holidays, and vacation days.

NC may have warmer weather than PA for a longer duration during the year, but I would never give up the Kodak moments my kids have had sledding, building snow men, and hiking through the woods on a beautiful, snowy day. You have more ice storms, more tornadoes, and a better chance of being affected by a hurricane. People have no clue about driving in the snow and everything comes to a stand still when it does snow. Cost of living may be better, but not by much. Just north of PIT I can buy 2 acres of land with utilities for less than 20k. I can place a new home with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 20 x 22 living room, large dining room, breakfast room, foyer, large kitchen, full basement, and double stall garage for less than 120k on said property. Plus I have the peace of mind of knowing that my taxes are less and my school districts are better. No matter where you go, each area has it's negatives and positives.

planejane said:

Good luck to the 120.
[post="246341"][/post]​

Any moron realizes there are no gaurantees in life. I give Rumors a helluva lot of credit for leaving this company in the dust instead of hanging on its coat tails and hoping for a better tomorrow.

RumorS said:
And with 1620 posts sounds like you need to GO GET A LIFE! :up:
[post="246363"][/post]​
He will never get a life until he has to, instead he'll go down in flames with USAirways. Good luck Rumors, just left this bad excuse of an airline last week!!!! :up:

RumorS said:
I didnt bash anyone...I wished them Goodluck!!!  And as for my new job .. Its Goverment.  Pays More.  Monday through Friday.  11 paid Holidays.  2 weeks vacation to start.  And a Pension.  O and great benefits.  But thanks for asking!!!
[post="246358"][/post]​
You are rubbing it in the employees at U's nose. There are many employees who may not be able to find another job or can not leave due to family. What your post was about was you. LOOK AT ME. And lucky U employes are now paying your salary. Do a good job for us.

RumorS said:
I didnt bash anyone...I wished them Goodluck!!! And as for my new job .. Its Goverment. Pays More. Monday through Friday. 11 paid Holidays. 2 weeks vacation to start. And a Pension. O and great benefits. But thanks for asking!!!
[post="246358"][/post]​
Sounds great RumorS! Don't worry about Flyboi, he's really high drinking the USAir koolaide! He can't imagine life without his stewardess job, no matter what the pay. :rolleyes: Maybe one day he'll grow a spine!

planejane said:
You are rubbing it in the employees at U's nose. There are many employees who may not be able to find another job or can not leave due to family. What your post was about was you. LOOK AT ME. And lucky U employes are now paying your salary. Do a good job for us.
[post="246528"][/post]​

Whatever. Plenty of jobs here in the Burgh. All they have to do is pick up the paper and look. And no its not "LOOK AT ME." Certain posters come on here and start new threads just about there new job! I simply stated that i had a new job that was more secure then UsAirways!!! I will try to good job with your money??? Now that I will be buying tickets on U to fly its like IM PAYING YOUR SALARY AS WELL!! Thankgod you don't make what you used to then i wouldnt be able to afford the airline ticket. Thanks

RumorS said:
. . . Now that I will be buying tickets on U to fly its like IM PAYING YOUR SALARY AS WELL!! Thankgod you don't make what you used to then i wouldnt be able to afford the airline ticket. Thanks
[post="246629"][/post]​
[/quote

Ouch, now THAT was down right nasty. :ph34r:

Latest posts