Please Keep This In Mind...

Dilligas

Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
State of Perpetual Confusion
Every time the good people of U face a crisis, this board sees an increase in "newbies", stirring up the pot, antagonizing people, and generally contributing nothing substantial, just here to get reactions. It's so predictable, its almost comical watching their transparent tactics.

I posted a link sometime last year of the court cases involving the flight attendants at NW whose computers were seized and email searched... you would probably find it interesting to know that a key player in this court case is now an officer at U. People who live in "glass" houses should not throw stones, even those in a crystal palace.

I caution those of U employed at U to not take the bait these newbies, and their "all-time number one lackey" continue to post. These posts are, in my opinion, designed to inflame the rhetoric and emotions on here, in order to goad someone into crossing the line. If you are a regular reader, you can actually smell the desperation in a certain pilot's postings, this has happened consistently each time we face a crossroads.

Take the time to think about the motivations of the poster, and don't be manipulated into doing what they want you to do. Once you hit enter, it is there forever.

Good luck to the good folks at U.

Dilligas said:
Every time the good people of U face a crisis, this board sees an increase in "newbies", stirring up the pot, antagonizing people, and generally contributing nothing substantial, just here to get reactions. It's so predictable, its almost comical watching their transparent tactics.

I posted a link sometime last year of the court cases involving the flight attendants at NW whose computers were seized and email searched... you would probably find it interesting to know that a key player in this court case is now an officer at U. People who live in "glass" houses should not throw stones, even those in a crystal palace.

I caution those of U employed at U to not take the bait these newbies, and their "all-time number one lackey" continue to post. These posts are, in my opinion, designed to inflame the rhetoric and emotions on here, in order to goad someone into crossing the line. If you are a regular reader, you can actually smell the desperation in a certain pilot's postings, this has happened consistently each time we face a crossroads.

Take the time to think about the motivations of the poster, and don't be manipulated into doing what they want you to do. Once you hit enter, it is there forever.

Good luck to the good folks at U.
Do you really believe that this group here makes a difference? Don’t flatter yourself, we are a minority...the vast majority of people have a life and do not sit in front of this message board 24/7/365…

BTW, I do agree with your statement that it appears a bit of manipulation is being attempted....

UseYourHead said:
Do you really believe that this group here makes a difference? Don’t flatter yourself, we are a minority...the vast majority of people have a life and do not sit in front of this message board 24/7/365…

<snip>
No, I don't.

I do think that those that read and post here have an interest in the airline biz and U in particular.

Don't understand your comment about flattering myself... I simply wanted to remind folks that there can be expensive costs from this hobby. I do understand some of the tactics being employed here to incite people.

We would all be better served to take time away from here periodically, I know I am, although I enjoy reading the "news" here. :D

yes...funny how they pop up when things get sticky.....
is there a life without usaviation??
you know there is a lot of people who look at these threads and then they go and discuss whats posted here and at work....
word of mouth reaches many many people. ;)
thanks dilli!

Dilligas said:
UseYourHead said:
Don't understand your comment about flattering myself... I simply wanted to remind folks that there can be expensive costs from this hobby. I do understand some of the tactics being employed here to incite people.
:D
D,

Sorry bout that, guess I'm getting a bit punchy! Please accept my apology....

UseYourHead said:
Sorry bout that, guess I'm getting a bit punchy! Please accept my apology....
Not a problem. :blink:

BTW, here's a repaste of the info and link from last year for those of you that pm'ed me for info:

---------

As we approach the inevitable, emotions that are now high, will be inflamed even more. New identities will pop up on here to fan the flames, and the usual apologists and defenders of the regime will be reinvigorated.

Fear is a primal motivator and sadly, the most often used motivator by certain management types. Managers that lack leadership and "people" skills often resort to intimidation. While it may be successful in the short term, it rarely succeeds long term and ultimately breeds disrespect and resentment. This regime may be setting a time record for getting from results to resentment.

Everyone should read the following linked story and realize it is very possible that you are now being goaded into typing something you will regret later.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/digitaldiscov..._library_1.html

In my opinion, the tactics, and strategy, is as transparent as glass.

Sure glad I wasn't mentioned! I am totally innocent!

Stirring the pot means speaking truth, truth hurts and hard to accept.

You will surely accept it when you are in Sam's shoes.

What, that somebody knocking themselves out posting 40+ posts in several hours isn't making any headway? The only thing hurting now must be carpal tunnels.

uza,

IF you are at the level you intimate, you should take YOUR management team out of the cozy caccoon of CCY and smell the coffee. " Sure glad I wasn't mentioned! I am totally innocent!" sounds like the typical excuses. It's not YOUR fault, it's the drastic changes in the industry. It's not YOUR fault, it's the pesky unions. It's not YOUR fault, it's those work rules. It's not YOUR fault, it's the LCC's. It's not YOUR fault, it's fuel prices. Endless excuses while constantly pointing the finger of blame anywhere but at yourself and YOUR management team.

IF you are at the level you intimate, you and YOUR management team should look around the industry and observe what others are doing to adapt to the "new reality" - all with proportionately less concessions from their employees. It doesn't take a PHD (sic) to see that a simplified fare structure can increase revenue, that selling last-minute upgrades to F/C can increase revenue, that depeaking the hubs can increase efficiency and lower unit cost, that increasing A/C utilization can lower unit cost, etc. And that all can be done under current contracts.

If this were the recording industry, you and YOUR management team would be called "one hit wonders" since the only song you know is "More Concessions".

Jim

uza said:
Sure glad I wasn't mentioned! I am totally innocent!

You will surely accept it when you are in Sam's shoes.
Uza,

I've been looking for you on a forum that wasn't locked. Unfortunately, I didn't have the pleasure of corresponding on the other thread.

I'll call your bluff. Your posts were pure, unadulterated threats. Most people DO NOT take threats well. You wasted more time posting 50+ times in a matter of two days than I waste reading this forum in a week. I think you are sadly mistaken when you imply the majority of workers are willing to take more cuts for the management team. You'll see. Just about everyone is tired of this crap. We did twice and most people are now struggling. They held their ground and stuck with it because they wanted to see this airline succeed. Unfortunately, we have a management team that cannot ,and to this day, refuse to stop looking through rose coloured glasses, see the real problems, AND FIX THEM!!!!!!!!

DO NOT call my unwillingness to take more cuts egotistical! It's called survival. DO NOT threaten me with outsourcing. Frankly, you can't scare me with that tactic because I'm already prepared. The direction major corps are headed is outsourcing a majority of their work. If that happens, and you are who you say you are, MAY YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE AND YOUR JOB BE OUTSOURCED TO SOMEONE IN INDIA WILLING TO WORK FOR $300,000 less than you do. I'll see you on the other side of the desk when you're asking me for a job.

TA TA for now.

youngblood said:
I'll call your bluff.
youngblood wrote:

We did twice and most people are now struggling.

DO NOT call my unwillingness to take more cuts egotistical! It's called survival.

“You are not making any sense. If you don’t want to help out, then you will be out, and your troubles will just be starting being unemployed in bad times. If that’s your choice, so be it, but don’t explain to me how not helping out will save your job, that is absurd.â€

DO NOT threaten me with outsourcing.

“It is not a threatâ€

Frankly, you can't scare me with that tactic because I'm already prepared.

“I am not out to scare employees. I am out to explain the facts. The fact is your irrational union leaders don’t have your personal interests in mind, but are misguiding you. Look at their self-serving actions thinking they have some kind of power. The only real power they have is to make their membership into job seekers. I am glad you are prepared; too bad most others are not for prepared for the realities facing them and their loved ones. Anger will only shorten you life, you must have also learned that talent from your union leader where anger rules and common sense is left behind.â€

Have Nice Calm Day

uza,

You just don't get it, do you? Somehow, you think that they're poor, misguided souls because they won't give anymore.

They won't give because, unlike what you seem to believe, they don't see the choice as "give and save your job, or don't and be unemployed." They view it as "give and be unemployed, or don't and be unemployed."

Frankly, you've done absolutely nothing to convince anyone here that the latter view is wrong.

But, then again, you've done a fine job ignoring me thus far. Too much of a challenge for you?

Latest posts

Back