Ploy?

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Article

Sounds to me like a ploy to get labor to give again, but then who knows. Trouble is they have cried wolf too many times. Who can blame anyone for not believing a word they say. Catch 22, believe and go forward, or move on and be done with U completely. What a sad choice to be making after years of service. Write it off as life I guess.

they need a certain number of employees maintained to get everything together.there was a mention in the filing about the need to hire if huge levels resign......i think in an abstract sense,they need us more than we need them to some extent.

From the article...

"He also said US Airways may decide to maintain Pittsburgh International Airport service at or near its current level -- 229 daily non-stop flights to more than 50 markets -- if a pending fall schedule proves successful."

And, after 3000+ years of fighting among the Semitic tribes of the Middle East (you did know that the Arabs and the Jews are first cousins didn't you?), they may decide to share and share alike on that one little patch of the Middle East that does not have any oil under it called Israel/Palestine/whatever.

Cynical, party of one. Your table's ready! :p

Cynical, party of one. Your table's ready!

Cynical? Maybe, but I wouldn't dismiss an observation just because it appears cynical. If, after most of the years of my life I noticed that the heat of the summer was followed by a cooling trend with shorter daylight hours and colorful leaves, would that make me a cynic to say that now since it's late September, and now autumn must be upon us?

What would the absolute polar opposite of a cynic be? At best, not someone very wise.

As for the article? Allow me an allotment of cynicism ( yet well within my quota )

They're sandbagging for sure.

History....history...history.

High Iron said:
They're sandbagging for sure.

History....history...history.
[post="186250"][/post]​

That was my whole point. I was just trying to be funny. The cynical reference was to me.

Saying that Fall is upon us because the leaves are turning is an observation based upon facts and historical events. Saying that "we might not do this or we may do that" is pure conjecture. The motive being open to question.

At some point, management cant be responsible for everything. I have a feeling , it wouldnt matter what management did, they would be blamed....

usfliboi said:
At some point, management cant be responsible for everything. I have a feeling , it wouldnt matter what management did, they would be blamed....
[post="186341"][/post]​

It seems that they cant be responsible for ANYTHING either, right? :shock:

Theres plenty of blame to go around, but since they are the ones IN CHARGE, its up to THEM to make it work, correct?

aerosmith said:
DELETED. You'll get nothing volunterally from the IAM.
[post="186257"][/post]​
expect intense negotiations for some 60 days when the judge grants a temporary 23% pay cut. then they will have to negotiate or abrogate...IAM does not want abrogation.....

delldude said:
expect intense negotiations for some 60 days when the judge grants a temporary 23% pay cut. then they will have to negotiate or abrogate...IAM does not want abrogation.....
[post="186409"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Delldude,

It's my understanding that the IAM will give back "$HIT" to Bronner !!!!!!!!!

If a pay cut is FORCED on them, then they're predicted to STRIKE.
At the very least, they'll gring US to a halt, via "work to rule"

Deja Vu(all over again)(EASTERN AIRLINES) :shock: :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Delldude,

It's my understanding that the IAM will give back "$HIT" to Bronner !!!!!!!!!

If a pay cut is FORCED on them, then they're predicted to STRIKE.
At the very least, they'll gring US to a halt, via "work to rule"

Deja Vu(all over again)(EASTERN AIRLINES) :shock: :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's
[post="186426"][/post]​
guy.....when the paycut is imposed between 10-7 and 10-15 they will still be working.....any job action at that time will be a wildcat.....
however it will open up 60 days of negotiations per section 1113e.....
and be advised per the U 1113e filing,they've asked for a provision to outsource in the event of a work stoppage/slowdown by IAM covered employees and i'm willing to bet they will get it.

so at the end of the day somewhere down the road IAM will be voting on some type of contract modification again like it or not.
vote no if you don't like it. :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:
guess then the mainline mech's will work for around $12 an hour.
SEE FOR YOURSELF
page 26 para 61

delldude said:
guy.....when the paycut is imposed between 10-7 and 10-15 they will still be working.....any job action at that time will be a wildcat.....
however it will open up 60 days of negotiations per section 1113e.....
and be advised per the U 1113e filing,they've asked for a provision to outsource in the event of a work stoppage/slowdown by IAM covered employees and i'm willing to bet they will get it.

so at the end of the day somewhere down the road IAM will be voting on some type of contract modification again like it or not.
vote no if you don't like it. :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:
guess then the mainline mech's will work for around $12 an hour.
SEE FOR YOURSELF
page 26 para 61
[post="186468"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Delldude,
Might you be connected to the cities of PHL,LGA,EWR or BOS in anyway(US employee, frequent flyer, or simply a resident of these area's) ??????

The reason I ask, is that Airline workers, in the afformentioned(SP?) cities, react VERY "UNUSUAL" to intimidation, and VERY VERY VERY "UNUSUAL" to SCABS !!!!!!

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Delldude,
Might you be connected to the cities of PHL,LGA,EWR or BOS in anyway(US employee, frequent flyer, or simply a resident of these area's) ??????

The reason I ask, is that Airline workers, in the afformentioned(SP?) cities, react VERY "UNUSUAL" to intimidation, and VERY VERY VERY "UNUSUAL" to SCABS !!!!!!

NH/BB's
[post="186509"][/post]​
Bubba and his club, right.....get real.

Delldude is a mechanic in Pit, don't like the truth? Who does....