Nov 11, 2003
NC
Take the test, post your results:

http://www.celebritytypes.com/chart.php?n1=63.9

Shows a Communitarianism

Your political coordinates are:
  • 58.3% Left, 30.6% Liberal
My result definition:

Left-communitarianism (Social Democracy): Individuals in this quadrant seek to promote communal solutions to both social and economic problems. They tend to see themselves as supporting a mode of government that curbs the excesses of capitalism and diminishes inequality by virtue of a mixed economy and a universal welfare state. They seek to encourage communal solutions, economic redistribution and shared values throughout society by means of participatory democracy and the state.

The Vertical Axis: Communitarian-Liberal

All communitarians start from the belief that the well-being of the community precedes the idiosyncratic desires of specific individuals. Left Communitarians are typically maternal and egalitarian, favoring redistribution from rich to poor and a nurturing view of offenders where criminals are seen as victims of social woes themselves. By contrast, Right Communitarians tend to take a more paternal view of politics, favoring a hierarchical society and taking a stern view of threats where criminals belong in prison and foreign powers are deterred by a strong defense.

All liberals start from the belief that upholding individual liberties is more important than catering to the needs of society. Left Liberals tend to argue that the individual cannot make use of his or her formal liberties without some measure of education and material comfort. In their view, this necessitates redistribution from rich to poor. By contrast, Right Liberals tend to argue that taxing an individual against his will in order to provide welfare benefits to others constitutes an act of coercion and thus a breach of individual liberty. They may support charity and aid for the poor, but they prefer it to be voluntary.

In theory, communitarians and liberals should thus be able to form alliances across the Left-Right divide. But in practice, left and right communitarians tend to regard each other as enemies, while left and right liberals tend to view each other as misguided.

There are two charts also to show your plot, but they wont post here because of the type of graphic they are.

Trust me, you didn't have to post your results in order for us to figure out which way your leaned!

Isn't "Communitarian" the polically correct way of saying "Communist"?

I'm 14% right and 58% liberal. Putme in the left middle portion of the yellow box.

Not a fan of some.of the questions. There was one about taxing business for environmental needs. Not sure what taxes have to do with it. Wee should have regulations in place to limit environmental impact.

The questions sstrike me as having a conservative slant that make liberal position seem worse.

• Banned
southwind said:
Trust me, you didn't have to post your results in order for us to figure out which way your leaned!

Isn't "Communitarian" the polically correct way of saying "Communist"?
Do you have a brain?

dc-no-brain1.jpg

700UW said:
Do you have a brain?

dc-no-brain1.jpg

Right out of the Marxist Playbook :

All communitarians start from the belief that the well-being of the community precedes the idiosyncratic desires of specific individuals.

groucho_marx.jpg

I. Nothing in society will belong to anyone, either as a personal possession or as capital goods, except the things for which the person has immediate use, for either his needs, his pleasures, or his daily work.
II. Every citizen will be a public man, sustained by, supported by, and occupied at the public expense.
III. Every citizen will make his particular contribution to the activities of the community according to his capacity, his talent and his age; it is on this basis that his duties will be determined, in conformity with the distributive laws

700UW said:
Do you have a brain?

dc-no-brain1.jpg

Sure, he's got a brain.  But just like a computer that takes FOREVER to load, due to it being infected with virus's / mal ware / VOID of Critical Thinking, it's Clear to see why you / we...........get-what-we-get... out of our  'good  ol'  Boy '        !

I am almost right in the dead center of the chart. Close to Bill Clinton, but more to the right. Interesting.

A greater portion of those questions were somewhat dubious.
What I mean is you could be neutral,half yes/no or full yes/no........pondering for a time may give a totally different map.

Someone else put one up from the Libertarian Party site....was quick to the point.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/quiz.php

If you run this on Goog, there's a few more out there.

60_90.png

When  you look at who we elect to public office in this country--from both parties--you should be able to realize that the American people are not ready for self-government.  Democracy assumes an educated electorate.  But, educating oneself would require putting away the cell phone and logging off of Facebook.

I'm a Divine Right Monarchist.  You put one person in charge.  He/she rules by the Grace of God, making all decisions.  If they screw up, you chop off their head and get their cousin from Germany.  Worked beautifully in Great Britain for centuries!  Think about the fact that when Queen Victoria came to the throne in 1837, Great Britain (which is almost exactly the same number of square miles as the state of Alabama) ruled most of the known world.  Then all that democracy broke out in Parliament, and down the toilet the Empire went.

jimntx said:
When  you look at who we elect to public office in this country--from both parties--you should be able to realize that the American people are not ready for self-government.  Democracy assumes an educated electorate.  But, educating oneself would require putting away the cell phone and logging off of Facebook.

I'm a Divine Right Monarchist.  You put one person in charge.  He/she rules by the Grace of God, making all decisions.  If they screw up, you chop off their head and get their cousin from Germany.  Worked beautifully in Great Britain for centuries!  Think about the fact that when Queen Victoria came to the throne in 1837, Great Britain (which is almost exactly the same number of square miles as the state of Alabama) ruled most of the known world.  Then all that democracy broke out in Parliament, and down the toilet the Empire went.

If it was so great, why did we leave?

I am 28% left and 39% liberal.  But I too had some issues with questions.  For example, question # 13:

It is legitimate for nations to privilege their own religion over others.

When it comes to ISIS, why of course the answer is No.  When it comes to the United States, why of course, the answer is yes (according to some).  After all...we are a Christian nation (we aren't really, but many seem to think we are) and want OUR religion to play a bigger role in our country.  Islam is big in the Arab world, but THEIR countries are so screwed up because THEIR religion plays too big of a role.   FWIW, I disagreed with that...because of ISIS AND because of Christianity.   

How about this quiz:

Who sucks the most?

With the technology world in which we live today, there will always be confirmation bias to convince you that your guy is best and the other guy sucks.

Back