Poll On New Brand

What is your opinion of the new AA brand?

• Total voters
This airline is terminally sick, putting on a pretty or ugly face to camo whats hidden inside wont fix the morons running the show, disgraceful waste of time and money. As usual centre pork hasn't a clue. Its plain stupid looking and the explaination even more inane.

Reactions: 1 person
If Tommy boy is in charge of this place after the merger, this place is going to melt down. These buffoons are apparently immune from reality and taste, while we are at it. They need to change this fast, before it gets too far out of hand. I just pray that the rumors for our new uniforms are wrong. At this point, I'm not too sure of that. I guess we'll find out this week. I can only imagine what To Ho let his kids draw for this!

UCC should make a motion that the new paint and uniform costs be deducted from the post bk mgmt bonus payout - see if rebranding is really a priority

Reactions: 1 person
SLAP IN THE FACE FOR WHORE TON !!!

An American Airlines employee asked aviation consultant Michael Boyd, head of the Boyd Group International, for Boyd’s opinion of the new American Airlines logo and livery. Boyd, who speaks his mind, responded.
Here’s the part of his reply Thursday to that employee that Mr. Boyd was comfortable having repeated:
Subject: RE: AMERICAN AIRLINES NEW LIVERY: DISGRACE

It’s hard to have any sense of humor when poor management judgment like this comes to light. The competition should be very reassured.

A completely unnecessary re-branding and re-packaging of airplanes, gates, airports, backwalls, and all the rest will cost tens – maybe hundreds – of millions. At a time when retirees aren’t sure of healthcare, employees are losing jobs, and the competition is ready to pounce, to do what Horton is doing is not only an ego trip, but completely professionally irresponsible. It won’t generate a single new passenger. It won’t make American (no longer “AA,” I see) one bit more competitive. If employees have low respect for senior management – this is clearly a symptom of the cause.

Very disappointing.

Reactions: 3 people

I think you don't like to hear people say anything negative about the new American livery.

Well maybe they should have asked their customers or people in general who fly all the time. But this new livery SUCKS in plain English. The company they hired to create this new look had their head up their collective a$$es in my opinion.

There is nothing about this new livery that reminds you of American other than the name on the plane. Rebranding doesn't always mean you have to completely change everything. Just look at the stupid Pepsi logo.

Reactions: 4 people
Yea I like it, I think it looks pretty good. I guess to each his own. At the end of the day AA really doesnt care what you or i think of the new livery. I liked the old livery but it was going to be changed so at least when i go to work i will like the livery! I would rather have my old contract back with the old livery but......Oh and about the customers if the ticket is $1 less then UA or DL then guess who gets the customer.

I Like this one better http://anthony-harding.com/?p=156

L-AA1.jpg
If we had voted I would have voted for this one, I have to say this is very nice

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-18/q-and-a-original-american-airlines-designer-massimo-vignelli-on-the-redesigned-logo#r=nav-f-story

Oh and about the customers if the ticket is $1 less then UA or DL then guess who gets the customer.

Only if that customer is a NON-ELITE once or twice a year flyer. As a former Chairman's Preferred on US for 7 years I wouldn't step foot on a different carrier just because the the airfare was slightly lower. And now as a Diamond Preferred on DL I won't step foot on US or any other airline when I benefit from being an ELITE on DL.

And this is the best statement from the link that 1AA posted.............it says it all.

"American Airlines filed for bankruptcy and it’s undergoing a larger rebranding. Couldn’t you make the argument that it’s right to want a new image and identity? That the old look may be somewhat damaged?
This is the typical mistake that company presidents make: “I’ll change the logo, and the company will look new.” What you have to have is a president who knows how to run the company, and in that process knows how to evaluate the brand identity. Otherwise it becomes a wolf camouflaged by sheep. It’s still the same company that’s not going to be successful. They’re not going to solve their problems, they’re just going to increase their costs."

Hey! maybe the same yo-yo who put the flag on the tail of US air, put the flag on this one! ------- are they trying to tell us something?
The Flag on the Tail on US Airways Is way better than this new POS on AA. It doesnt even look like a flag it looks like smeared paint

Reactions: 2 people
The Flag on the Tail on US Airways Is way better than this new POS on AA. It doesnt even look like a flag it looks like smeared paint
it really is ugly and I was one that thought the picture wasn't to bad but in person not so much

Latest posts