ALPA/USAPA Thread for the Week with a Poll 3/16-22

Should this thread be closed until after the election?

• Yes-the debate has been going on long enough-just vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-information helpful to making a choice

• Allow official union information and press releases ONLY.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK, we are going to include the poll from the other thread here to get YOUR impressions of what this thread should be. As this is a labor related thread AND the original poll was started by someone not involved in this process, we will compromise and replace the poll here.

Let's remember the rules--do NOT make any personal comments, slurs or insults, and keep this on topic.

Thanks.

Call ID notes that ALPA's captive polling group, the Wilson Center has been calling repeatedly. After literally decades of indifference, it is touching to be asked.

Perhaps I should answer the call....
Oh that's right, my LEC doesn't either....

Call ID notes that ALPA's captive polling group, the Wilson Center has been calling repeatedly. After literally decades of indifference, it is touching to be asked.

Perhaps I should answer the call....
Oh that's right, my LEC doesn't either....

I finally picked up, just to stop the barrage, once more noted that I wished to never hear from them again, which, given the awesome amount of respect clearly held by Alpa for mere line pilots, hasn't yet effected any change in the behavior. As would come as no surprise; I too am greatly impressed that at least the Contract Hotline will be down for days..but; the polling and massive FUD assault has every needed resource provided at our expense. Interesting "priorities" demonstrated in spending the dues money that Alpa promises to provide world-beating member services with. I'm guessing that I'm hardly the only one to get the "joke" here. It would be truly interesting to somehow gain access to just how much has been spent on the "Save-the-Alpoids!" campaign. Let's see:

1) ACPC/Rice/Blue Ribbon/Best Pig in Show/etc Commit-me's
2) Neverending Wilson polling...I suppose that one has to keep asking when the answers never "come out right".
3) Continual FUD barrage through the mail, email and other means.
4) Magical Mystery Bus Tour

..."Somebody' gets paid to do all of this...

PS: "After literally decades of indifference, it is touching to be asked." Yes..I, too, have been deeply touched at their concern for my opinions...after only a quarter century or so of utter indifference...

..."Somebody' gets paid to do all of this...
I'll bet way more than one "somebody" is gettin' paid to do this.

Gotta protect the goose that lays the golden egg.

I figure ALPA has until Tuesday afternoon to figure out a way to fix Nic. Even if they do by then they're probably done here anyway.

Attachments

• safety.gif
    safety.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 228

I figure ALPA has until Tuesday afternoon to figure out a way to fix Nic. Even if thy do by then they're probably done here anyway.

They can't fix anything. They're stuck with a monster for a baby and no way to hide it. What they'll do is continue with the famous "Alpa's Smoke and Mirrors Show" that will pretend that they can, or even have the slightest honest intention along those lines. They don't have ANY basement big enough to hide that little monster away in. It's their "baby"..and they're "Sworn to Defend" the pathetic creature.

Oh! speaking of Nic: I saw a truly "cute" sticker put up in a jetway today that started with "Hey East pilots.." and went on to note that the west's fine with DOH..as long as it's Sept 5th of 2005. One must assume that this brilliant product of adolescent genius was posted so as to engender serious, and deeply spiritual meditation, with the clear goal of enhancing beneficial relationships with their "Brothers and Sisters" out here.....Not to mention providing the traveling public with visual evidence of the west pilots' truly "professional" nature. Great going guys. Apparently, within a certain maturity range, public "graffiti" in jetways is deemed an art form. Just a thought = Do ANY, east of the Miss, actually want to see these sorts of folks skip merrilly ahead of our 'junior" comrades?..With say.."only" twenty years or so?

ALPA = NIC...period.

If ALPA managed to get my pension reinstated and got rid of Nicolau....

I'd still vote for USAPA.

ALPA National didn't take away your pension- your company and elected representatives did.
ALPA National didn't create Nicolau- your arbitration panel along with your pilot neutral were responsible for that.

One day when emotions subside you may understand better what has happened to you and how your career has become one without envy by the rest of the industry.

I figure ALPA has until Tuesday afternoon to figure out a way to fix Nic. Even if they do by then they're probably done here anyway.

You figure wrong, my old friend, in that ALPA is not a party in this arbitrated decision. If ALPA National is not a party of the decision and not even responsible for it, then how can they legally "fix" it? Perhaps you can enlighten us???

Just a thought = Do ANY, east of the Miss, actually want to see these sorts of folks skip merrilly ahead of our 'junior" comrades?..With say.."only" twenty years or so?

20 years and junior at your own company... Seems you just summarized the reasoning behind the Nic decision yourself. Well done, my good friend!

You figure wrong, my old friend, in that ALPA is not a party in this arbitrated decision. If ALPA National is not a party of the decision and not even responsible for it, then how can they legally "fix" it? Perhaps you can enlighten us???

Thanks for reiterating my post above. It's their precious little monster baby, and they CAN'T "fix it".....For that, and all you've noted above: Alpa's GOT to GO!!

For ANY/ALL who missed that..."...then how can they legally "fix" it? Perhaps you can enlighten us???"..remember; that's from the horse's/Alpa Rep's own "mouth".

ALPA = NIC...period.

One day when emotions subside you may understand better what has happened to you and how your career has become one without envy by the rest of the industry.

Interesting. I'm naturally quite "surprised" that the west folk are apparently so eager, and even desperate, in seeking to subsume any east career then. Your logic is indeed perplexing Milady.

ALPA = NIC...period.

ALPA has nothing to do with the outcome of arbitrated decisions. As a little side note, in case you have missed this recenet development, arbitration in merger integrations is Federal law.

ALPA has nothing to do with the outcome of arbitrated decisions. As a little side note, in case you have missed this recenet development, arbitration in merger integrations is Federal law.

You've more than made your point = Naturally; nothing's ever Alpo's fault, which leads us to the current little difficulties around campus, but no matter :rolleyes: ...and they will not/can not change anything about Nic. It's refreshing to see an Alpa Rep actually admit this, as such is being continually lied about in the Alpa FUD campaign, via "seperate ops" fantasies and assorted parcels of wholesale BS.

Alpa = Nic...I'll happily assume that all out east have, by now, fully "gotten" that. Any vote for Alpa is a vote for allowing you personally, and similarly placed people out west to jump over folks out here with merely 20 or more years of actual flying for the company. I do believe that the issue has been made perfectly clear over time.`

Let's VOTE!!

Great Pic Sir...but..you/I must be entirely wrong by forwarding the least bit of anti-Alpa sentiment. Haven't we "enjoyed the benefits" of Alpa "representation" for decades? How can it then be possible that, per a relative "newbie" to Alpa, but yet staunch advocate for Alpa that:

"QUOTE (prechilill @ Mar 16 2008, 04:18 PM)
One day when emotions subside you may understand better what has happened to you and how your career has become one without envy by the rest of the industry."

OK; It must needs then be entirely "our fault". If so? = It's logically far past time for us to adopt a different approach. Wouldn't anyone logically think so?.

????? It just doesn't add up = Alpa's the greatest thing since the wheel, and yet; our careers are horrible, and fully unenviable (but fully desired by the west..but that's another issue).?????

Steve Martin: "I'm Sooooo confused!" :lol:

That's about the dumbest thing I've read here in a long time. First, two airlines merging that are represented by the same union should NOT require arbitration, except that in this case ALPA has no real or effective merger policy; and second, ALPA set ALL the guidelines for the arbitration, including the fact that the arbitrator could not use DOH as part of the criteria.

We'll see just who has to "reexamine" their career real soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts