Powell Endorses Obama

My question is; is the affirmation of Obama by Powell proof of Obama’s’ ability to lead the nation or is it Powell’s calculated dedication to Powell’s (and his family) future of political power.
I think it is an affirmation of his (Powell's) belief in Obama's ability to lead the country.

Why should anyone consider his endorsement as an affirmation of ability?

Emil, I do not think anyone can affirm anyone's ability to do anything they have not done before. There is nothing that can prepare anyone to be leader of the free world. It is always OJT. One can only judge someone based on their experience as a leader of people. I think Powell is as good a judge as anyone in the mainstream military/leadership complex to judge Obama's ability to lead.

Is he right? I hope so.

I do know that Obama is a thinker. That is something that we have not had residing in the White House in many years. Obama is shrewd enough to surround himself with a team of some of the best and brightest minds. I do not think he has cronies to repay as "W" did when he took office.

We will see soon after November 4th, as to what direction this country is headed.

I think it is an affirmation of his (Powell's) belief in Obama's ability to lead the country.

Emil, I do not think anyone can affirm anyone's ability to do anything they have not done before. There is nothing that can prepare anyone to be leader of the free world. It is always OJT. One can only judge someone based on their experience as a leader of people. I think Powell is as good a judge as anyone in the mainstream military/leadership complex to judge Obama's ability to lead.

Is he right? I hope so.

I do know that Obama is a thinker. That is something that we have not had residing in the White House in many years. Obama is shrewd enough to surround himself with a team of some of the best and brightest minds. I do not think he has cronies to repay as "W" did when he took office.

We will see soon after November 4th, as to what direction this country is headed.

Fair enough My Brother,

No doubt that Obama is a 'thinker', I am not as sure as you are that Obama is a thinker for us or himself. Only time will tell.

Best to You and Yours :up:
-Emil

Powell is only saying that because Obama is black. :rolleyes:

Not that race matters as far as I'm concerned but just FYI Barrack is half black <_< .....

scales_of_justice.jpg

half%20a%20pie.JPG
OreoCookies2.jpg

the endorsement probably has more to do with cleaning up the associated problems(the perception overall) he was a part of in the first administration ...enabling his legacy(image) to be not so tarnished.. when all is said and done....combined with ..not necessary 'not supporting' his own party rather than not personally agreeing with the choice of candidate(because quite a few conservatives still wished for another)..

the endorsement probably has more to do with cleaning up the associated problems(the perception overall) he was a part of in the first administration ...enabling his legacy(image) to be not so tarnished.. when all is said and done....combined with ..not necessary 'not supporting' his own party rather than not personally agreeing with the choice of candidate(because quite a few conservatives still wished for another)..
What?

the foreign policy that he envisioned in his role as Secretary of State is tragic because of the circumstances at that time before his resignation, but that does not make him to be a tragic figure politically. he more than likely is thinking along the lines regarding his legacy, how future generations will view his role as they look back. his endorsement of a democrat and subsequent role in that administration...he will be a part of... is one way to distance himself further(beyond the resignation) from his former party(regarding the first term administration)

the foreign policy that he envisioned in his role as Secretary of State is tragic because of the circumstances at that time before his resignation, but that does not make him to be a tragic figure politically. he more than likely is thinking along the lines regarding his legacy, how future generations will view his role as they look back. his endorsement of a democrat and subsequent role in that administration...he will be a part of... is one way to distance himself further(beyond the resignation) from his former party(regarding the first term administration)
Translation...

He wants a do over? :blink:

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Tech,

I agree with you about Powell, and about being a good candidate for "S-O-S".

A lifelong Repug, who sighted McCains selection of Palin, as..."Disturbing" (or words to that effect)

(He has ALSO been a Long Time Friend of Johnny Mac, so...what does that tell you) ???

Word going around Bill Clinton may endorse Sarah....... :eek: