Profit Sharing Almost Definite..

I am thankful that the East AFA allowed the West AFA to negotiate profit sharing as a part of the transition agreement. We on the west side have ALWAYS been underpaid in regards to the industry average, so unlike all you on the East side who talk about how much you gave up and how underpaid you are, we did not come down from anywhere. I speak as a F/A only, I know some of the other workgroups have issues that I am less familiar. The junior west F/A's are envious of the east for many reasons: pay is higher on the east, the reverve system is better on the east, these ar the two biggest reasons. That is why we are extremely appreciative of the east sharing with us their profit sharing as part of the transition agreement. It will not be much for us on the west, but it will certainly be something to look forward to.

I am thankful that the East AFA allowed the West AFA to negotiate profit sharing as a part of the transition agreement. We on the west side have ALWAYS been underpaid in regards to the industry average, so unlike all you on the East side who talk about how much you gave up and how underpaid you are, we did not come down from anywhere. I speak as a F/A only, I know some of the other workgroups have issues that I am less familiar. The junior west F/A's are envious of the east for many reasons: pay is higher on the east, the reverve system is better on the east, these ar the two biggest reasons. That is why we are extremely appreciative of the east sharing with us their profit sharing as part of the transition agreement. It will not be much for us on the west, but it will certainly be something to look forward to.
What we should have done, is negoitiate a profit sharing plan for the West f/a's, not give them part of the east f/a's money. Increase the size of the pool before we put more people in it. We have M. flores to thank for that. That will come back to haunt him. He is weak and will be gone soon.

What we should have done, is negoitiate a profit sharing plan for the West f/a's, not give them part of the east f/a's money. Increase the size of the pool before we put more people in it. We have M. flores to thank for that. That will come back to haunt him. He is weak and will be gone soon.
I was wondering where you were, N109! This is a topic that we can agree on! Sickening.... :down:

Easties, will this year's profit sharing be better than last year's? How about the year before that? And what difference does it make how much or how little Parker makes? His salary is not tied to your and vice-versa. If you want to be angry, be angry at Wolf, Gagwal and Siegel who, by comparison, "stole" their money rather than earned it.

Easties, will this year's profit sharing be better than last year's? How about the year before that? And what difference does it make how much or how little Parker makes? His salary is not tied to your and vice-versa. If you want to be angry, be angry at Wolf, Gagwal and Siegel who, by comparison, "stole" their money rather than earned it.
I think you are missing the point. I am not comparing anything I do or recieve to what management gets, like a 3% raise. I just want my cencessionary, company agreed upon, negiotiated contractual profit share check. In other words, what East neg. before any talks of a MERGER. If you want to break it down into what each side made, I'm good with that. West could neg. their profit sharing out of their side of any profit and we would get ours from our side. They could easily figure that out.

I was wondering where you were, N109! This is a topic that we can agree on! Sickening.... :down:
Definately. What a stupid pathetic decision this was for M. Flores to make. I was on an island without my "puter". I think we agree on more than just this one. Anyway, I know we are both passionate about our ideas and beliefs, and that to me, is great. I may not agree with all of yours and vise versa, but maybe if the union had more meetings, we could present them and find common ground. Hopefully that will change when we get a new LECP in Clt. Take care.

Wow, it only took one post after the first for someone to whine and complain.

Is that all the east can do?

Its a broken record.

You are getting profit sharing, it sure the hell beats not having a job.

Be happy for once (or at least be a tiny bit less unhappy)

How generous.

Let's assume it gets to 60 million (unlikely) and that 30,000 people participate in the profit sharing (Dunno here) AND that it's distributed equally to each person (not going to happen).

It's $2k. How much did the average mechanic, pilot, FA, dispatch, ramp, etc lose in salary, let alone pensions during the bankruptcy slaughter?

Contrast that with what Parker will pocket.

For the East f/as, they would receive as a group of 8,000 (including the west f/as) 14.5% of the profit sharing pie.
Most estimates are for aprrox on average less than $300 gross pay.

Clue - I noticed that Parker did say in the hearing that he "expected" that there would be $60 million for profit sharing. Since it's based on operating instead of net profit, that's certainly possible. With the numbers coming out in a week or so, I would think he would have a pretty good idea by now.

PITbull - assuming the $60 million and using your numbers, it would average a little under $1,100 gross per F/A. Of course, how much any particular F/A got would depend on how it was divided among the F/A's.

Ballpark for pilots, assuming 5500 total pilots participating, would be a little under $4,000 each on average. Again, an individual's share could be more or less.

I have no idea for the other groups since I don't have the numbers for them.

Jim

Clue - I noticed that Parker did say in the hearing that he "expected" that there would be $60 million for profit sharing. Since it's based on operating instead of net profit, that's certainly possible. With the numbers coming out in a week or so, I would think he would have a pretty good idea by now.

PITbull - assuming the $60 million and using your numbers, it would average a little under $1,100 gross per F/A. Of course, how much any particular F/A got would depend on how it was divided among the F/A's.

Ballpark for pilots, assuming 5500 total pilots participating, would be a little under $4,000 each on average. Again, an individual's share could be more or less.

I have no idea for the other groups since I don't have the numbers for them.

Jim

There is an equation for each f/a...its driven by their W-2 and f/as fly different hours. An MEC member said that it will come to approx less than $300 on average.

Not saying that the MEC member is wrong, PITbull. Just taking the numbers stated and doing the math, so if the numbers change the result also changes. The old "garbage in - garbage out" thing....

Jim

Wow, it only took one post after the first for someone to whine and complain.

Is that all the east can do?

Its a broken record.

You are getting profit sharing, it sure the hell beats not having a job.

Be happy for once (or at least be a tiny bit less unhappy)
Get real. One of the main reasons we still have a job on this side is due to the fact we all took huge concessions in exchange for some measly profit sharing that the west side really has no right to. If that is whining, so be it. But you just go on enjoying your check courtesy from your brothers and sisters on the east side. Or maybe you could neg. your own profit sharing plan instead of riding our backs.

Here is what I don't get as an outsider looking in.

Most everyone agrees that in order for a merger to be successful long term you need to integrate the workfore as smoothly as possible.

Given the above why wouls Eat "Give" anything to the west without DP sweetening the pot?

I've been in sales and sales training for closr to 25 years and US East unions had Doug by the short curlies in that all they had to say was "Sweeten the pot or we aren't giving West a dime of profit sharing" They could have turned the whole workforce against him in under a minute.

Or am I missing something??
No, your not missing anything. East just has a weak d__k MECP who should have suggested either sweeten the pot or have west side neg. their own plan. He just ok'ed for more people to jump into our pool, the idiot.

Once again, the cult of victimhood from the east.

"Did I tell you lately how much we suffered?"

yadda yadda yadda

Get real. One of the main reasons we still have a job on this side is due to the fact we all took huge concessions in exchange for some measly profit sharing that the west side really has no right to.

Care to "enlighten me" as to why you think West has no right to profit sharing? Was East soley running the entire airline?

Back