Profit Sharing Almost Definite..

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that concept. The West employees didn't pi$$ in your cherrios, DP did, so climb down off your high horse, quit your name calling and do something useful to improve everyone's situation. Anyone can point fingers!

I see how you forgot to point out how your pilot group wants a windfall. I dont think it was Doug who is trying to put all of you above pilots with 21 years of service. That is called greedy @#@#@#@. Get off your high horse pal. If the list goes anywhere near what you greedy @#$#$#$# want there will be those who want that left seat that they stole. At least we gave seat protection.

We gave you part of our profit share you didnt negotiate it. As far as Delta, it looks like (thank god) it isnt going to happen. Good thing because I am sure you greedy %$%$^ would try to screw them as well.

I have no control over who "wants" what. There is a huge difference between wanting and getting. I turn wrenches for a living so it is very unlikely that I would ever approach what a pilot makes or wants to make. Not everyone is greedy as you make it sound. Try keeping it in a contex that makes sense. We didn't ask for this mereger anymore than you did, but it is a reality that we all have to live with. Anger management was a good movie, go see it. :up:

Once again, the cult of victimhood from the east.

"Did I tell you lately how much we suffered?"

yadda yadda yadda
Evidently you haven't suffered enough to get profit sharing into any agreement you have with the former HP. But here, take part of my "contractually agreed upon" profit sharing check.
Flytchick, read my post. I have never said that anyone on the West side should not get profit sharing. I have only stated that I didn't think they should get part of my "contractually agreed upon" profit sharing. Don't you think it would have been better to increase the size of the pool, before throwing more people into it. You folks must be estatic to get something you didn't have to beg for. It was a no brainer for you folks. Sure, give me part of someone elses money. I've never said the west side hasn't given up things and had changes, but the profit sharing was in our agreemnet. For HPPearl to give me that "wo is me crap" is pathetic. Actually, it is insulting. We are not claiming victimhood, we just expect what we have "contractually agreed upon". Take a look at your contract, do you see profit sharong anywhere? Again, I am not saying you don't deserve it, just not part of mine. Remember, you getting profit sharing isn't costing Doug anything, just the East folks. I've also never said that East was running the entire airline. You can't even come close to imaginining how glad we are that we kept your management team. Hopefully, this has enlightned you. Let me know if I can help further. Fly safe.

That is not true. Many of us on the west side are angry with our MEC that they did not get us a long term fence and caved into a measly profit sharing pool.
Good, now see that is something you should get onboard about, not my profit sharing. I was good with a fence. Whatever you want on that. Tell you what, give me your profit sharing check and I'll help you with the fence issue. Do you all still think there are alot us easties who want to come out there?

Good, now see that is something you should get onboard about, not my profit sharing. I was good with a fence. Whatever you want on that. Tell you what, give me your profit sharing check and I'll help you with the fence issue. Do you all still think there are alot us easties who want to come out there?
Yes, I would trade my profit sharing check for a long term fence. I do not necessarily think a lot of easties want to come to PHX, but I do think that 5 years from now PHX will be a significantly more senior base than it is now.

Look, we know you all suffered back east under the old days of USAir.

I understand that.

But, damn, are you ever gonna get over it and move forward?

Yeah, life sucked, and you almost shut down which would have been real bad.

But there is an airline, there is a future, but if you carry around all your victimhood and anger, the airline has no chance, because nothing will ever be good enough.

I'm sorry life sucked, we get it at HP, we heard it a million times, focus on a positive future instead of constantly complaining about the past.

Its just a job

Turn the tables around and honestly tell me that if the East flight attendants received some of the West's profit sharing if they had negotiated it you wouldn't be shouting and screaming up and down on your head. You'd have a hard time convincing me otherwise. Our MECP should have NEVER done that and can only HOPE that it costs him his seat. He'd have a hard time getting a vote from me thats for sure.

For the East f/as, they would receive as a group of 8,000 (including the west f/as) 14.5% of the profit sharing pie.
Most estimates are for aprrox on average less than $300 gross pay.

sky high states: Pitbull, do you have a rough dollar figure on how much the Flight Attendants at U lost during bankruptcy one and two? As a group/individual?

thank you!

only stating opinions.

Some point out that without a transition agreement the US unions should have said NO to allowing West employees to share what the East folk feel is rightfully theirs and theirs alone. I don't care for the non-stop whinning but they have a point here.

I know as sure as God made little green apples if I'm in that negotiating room I'm looking right at DP and the rest and I'm telling them point blank. "You want my members to share with their West counterparts you need to let the moths out the wallet because we have a contract and without some sweetener the profit sharing stays 100% with my people. Your call, Doug how you wanna handle it?" No way in he!! would I share with HP without $$$$ in return. As an East Union Leader I could have singlehandedly turn the new US upside freaking down and caused the merger to stumble. The merger hands the unions a giant negotiating stick and what do they do? They Play nice in the sand box, Solidarity and all of the Bull Excrement. This is why I don't ever want to work union.
That is exactly what I am saying. Thanks for your input here. Hopefully, the west can hear this. We are not mad that you are geting profit sharing, juat that you are getting part of "our" profit sharing, that's all.
Hp, we are trying to get over it, and that profit sharing check was part of it. Yes, there is an airline, yes, there is a future. Maybe you could just buy us a few beers after the integration and we could call it even.

West without the East= No Profits
East without the West= No Profits

We did this together.

Grow up children

Profit sharing can be a good thing. WN employees have done very well for themselves because of profit sharing 401k combo

sky high states: Pitbull, do you have a rough dollar figure on how much the Flight Attendants at U lost during bankruptcy one and two? As a group/individual?

thank you!

only stating opinions.

As a group:
BK #1- Concession #1: $77.6 million
Concession #2: $26 Million

BK #2- $94 Million; with pension $154 million

Total: $257.6 million from 5,000 f/as left.

Furloughs and terminations total approx: 5,500, Retirees- approx 900

Top out wage in 2001 $46.01 per flight hour

Current wage: top out $37.59

During the period in which Teddy Xidas was MECP, she was able to recapture approx. 1.6 million back by renegotiating with Lakefield an increase in more months of medical at company contribution coverage while a f/a is on medical leave from 60 days (that was in the ratified agreement) to 9 months, at which time COBRA when then be offered.

Back