call a win-win situation. Either you accept
this pay rate, or we can use a contract
carrier. Life at a wholly owned seems
to have certain disadvantages.

No, Doug's smarter than me. I seems like
the PSA F.O.'s are surprised at the situation
they find themselves in. I don't know who
promised them what or when.

There are 10 lines in CLT taken out for IOE. Thats 800hrs next month to go to training. Seeing as there is only 10 people in class that would be 300hrs of IOE to do. So why the extra?
An IOE Captain told me that management it trying to get F/O's to quit. I believe him, because management does everything they can to make this job as difficult as possible. Seing as Dayton gives PSA $$$ for every person that goes through training is evidence enough for me. Now we know why we lose 80% of the F/A in the first year! The F/O attrition would be the same but we are in a much more specialized field.

Gabby,

Being an FO at a regional airline sucks. It's interesting to watch young, idealistic newhire FOs slowly turn into angry anti-management employees. Posting endless gripes on a message board won't make anything better. You are fighting against the Railway Labor Act, corporate America, an anti-labor government, and capitalism in general. What do you hope to accomplish?

Gabby,

Being an FO at a regional airline sucks. It's interesting to watch young, idealistic newhire FOs slowly turn into angry anti-management employees. Posting endless gripes on a message board won't make anything better. You are fighting against the Railway Labor Act, corporate America, an anti-labor government, and capitalism in general. What do you hope to accomplish?

Nothing just venting. Whew that's better.

Back