"Pull together Win together!"

<_< ------ The only way your going to fix that is to have the "location pay" option. That was taken off the table because some people felt someone would get something than they would not!------ Now! Who's fault is that?

Problem is, other locals voted against it...

:unsure: ------ So!---- Is it? Or isn't it? Until the Locals stop fighting with each other, like a couple of dog's over a bone, no one is going to get anything!
Asked my local about this and it's still in the current proposal on the table. It was removed once during the attempt to get a deal last year.

Damn the democratic process....

I don't recall complaining about it..Just mentioned some locals,,their negotiating team rather, nixed it.
Miami prez complained, he would not get what LAX and NYC would get...

Guess they don't grasp the "Geographical " aspect of Geographical pay.

WE DID NOT WAIT OVER 7 YEARS FOR YET ANOTHER CONCESSIONARY, INTERNATONAL BACKED PIECE OF CRAP.
VOTE YES TO GIVE YOUR JOB TO EAGLE AND OPEN THE DOOR TO LOSE ALL RETIREMENT BENEFITS!
VOTE NO TO SEND THEM BACK TO TO TABLE AFTER OUR RUDE AWAKENING!!
THIS IS A DIVIDE AND CONCUER T/A AND NO REAL UNION SHOUOLD BACK IT!!!
JIMMY, DON AND GLESS DO NOT LIVE BY THE SNAKE OIL THEY PEDDLE SO TELL THEM NOT TO MEDDLE!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
WE DID NOT WAIT OVER 7 YEARS FOR YET ANOTHER CONCESSIONARY, INTERNATONAL BACKED PIECE OF CRAP.
VOTE YES TO GIVE YOUR JOB TO EAGLE AND OPEN THE DOOR TO LOSE ALL RETIREMENT BENEFITS!
VOTE NO TO SEND THEM BACK TO TO TABLE AFTER OUR RUDE AWAKENING!!
THIS IS A DIVIDE AND CONCUER T/A AND NO REAL UNION SHOUOLD BACK IT!!!
JIMMY, DON AND GLESS DO NOT LIVE BY THE SNAKE OIL THEY PEDDLE SO TELL THEM NOT TO MEDDLE!!!!!!
Jetmech

You and Mighty Mouse hold elected positions in your local..... You two can do more than cry on this web site, take out your yes man (read the 565 by-laws)
Put your money where your mouth is

Whine about the new airplanes or oneworld loans all you want, but Admirals Clubs are dues and fee supported.

I pay a couple hundred annually just to walk in the door (AA is the only oneworld carrier who charges a membership fee -- the other carriers give it away to their top tier FF's). When I fly on a oneworld partner, they wind up paying AA for my use of the club (even though I'm a member). Then there's the money they make off the bar and overpriced food....

I just wonder the logic? Spend 2 million plus to update Admirals club.....Then charge 200 dollars a year for membership ,sounds like a black hole. Total waste of shareholder money......Figures fuzzy math again !!!!! Admiral clubs clubs self supported? I dont think so!!!! Who pays the building rent? Oh I forgot,They all have a silver spoon in there mouth how degrading sitting among peasant's....

:unsure: ------ So!---- Is it? Or isn't it? Until the Locals stop fighting with each other, like a couple of dog's over a bone, no one is going to get anything!

Perhaps if your "suck up" President Gordon wasn't such a company man with all his work together garbage. So how is that work together stuff going these days?

I just wonder the logic? Spend 2 million plus to update Admirals club.....Then charge 200 dollars a year for membership ,sounds like a black hole. Total waste of shareholder money......Figures fuzzy math again !!!!! Admiral clubs clubs self supported? I dont think so!!!! Who pays the building rent? Oh I forgot,They all have a silver spoon in there mouth how degrading sitting among peasant's....

Dunno, Chris. It's not about silver spoons. It's about sleep, and squeezing every minute of productivity out of time spent on the road.

Every minute I can work in the club or on the aircraft using GoGo is one less minute I'm going to spend staying up late working, since most of my deliverable deadlines are measured in hours, not days or weeks... I already get less than 5 hours of sleep when I travel, and that's with the ability to work at the airport while waiting for flights...

I'm guessing there are well over 100,000 Admirals Club members. It's probably more, given close to 250,000 platinum and executive platinum travelers, and most also belong to the club. Assuming the lower number, that's 10M in dues revenue alone. Then there's all the other revenue -- meeting rooms at $50-90/hour, food ($9 for a panini?), or the bar (don't drink, so don't know what they're charging for a beer or mixed drink), entry rates charged back to other airlines at $20-50 per head (I flew out on IB the other day, and used their invite instead of my club membership, so IB got billed for my 2 diet cokes and some egg rolls...).

All included, it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs are bringing in close to $20M in annual revenue.

Not sure what the cost of delivering that comes out to, but fact is, if the clubs didn't exist, I'd be flying on an airline who has them, and so would a lot of your other top customers.

As for the silver spoons... I suspect most of those guys fly on NetJets or their own metal. Not commercial...

All included, it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs are bringing in close to $20M in annual revenue.

Not sure what the cost of delivering that comes out to,

So which is it, the Admirals Clubs have been " self-sufficient for a while" or you "Not sure". Could the cost of delivering services be $20.1M?
Could it be $30M or more? What's the cost per sq ft rental for all that airport space? Is any of this stuff you spout off fact or is it back of the napkin supposition?

I was under the impression that top tier flyers liked these clubs for, a get away in the airport, internet ,agent to take care of things,a little quite and some with showers. I wouldn't even think a top tier flyer would be going there for lunch, I usally find them as a pax, way beyond that.

Waste of shareholder money? You're not privy to the numbers behind the entire Premium Services division, are you? Membership in the Admirals Club is actually $300 to $450 annually, depending on AAdvantage elite status. Membership including spouse is $475 to $775 annually, depending on status. In addition to cash, dues may be paid with AAdvantage miles at a disadvantageous exchange rate with a similar sliding scale depending on status. Here's the chart showing membership fees:

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsMembership.jsp#membershipFees

Building rent is, of course, paid by AA (same as the rest of AA's terminal space) and the Admirals Club portion is charged to Premium Services.

When flying on international itineraries, every world-class airline permits its premium cabin passengers to access nice lounges, and AA is no exception. Platinum or Executive Platinum members can access the Admirals Club when flying to/from Europe, Asia and C and S America. Every time an AMEX Plat cardholder accesses the AC, AA gets paid. This year, my Admirals Club dues are free as a result of a promotion last year (fly 125k miles or more and you were eligible to receive extra miles and/or systemwide upgrades and/or one year free AC membership).

As mentioned by eolesen, membership fees are just the beginning. Conference room rental and catering, expensive bar drinks (alcohol is not free at US domestic clubs, unlike at some other airlines) and for the past few years, expensive sandwiches and salads. At busy times, it's hard to get the bartenders' attention at the ORD club. International passengers in premium cabins do get a couple of free drinks, but domestic flyers like LGA-ORD have to buy their drinks.

I have no idea if the Admirals Clubs are self-supporting or not, but your complaints about them do raise an interesting issue. On the one hand, AA is notoriously cheap, both with its employees and its passengers. But all of a sudden, when it comes to Premium Services, you assume that AA just throws around big money without regard to the return that money provides. You fail to realize (or refuse to admit) that every decision at AA is driven by money. If someone at AA didn't think that Premium Services (including Admirals Clubs) didn't result in higher revenue than their cost, they simply wouldn't exist. When other airlines offer superior club facilities, AA is forced to remodel its clubs. The LHR Flagship Lounge (First Class lounge) and the BOS AC remodels were recently completed. In the past few years, AA has opened numerous remodeled clubs at MIA, JFK and LAX, as well as at other airports.

Silver spoons? Top tier AA customers don't get there by spending $500 or $1,000 per year buying once-a-year vacation tickets. Some of them get there by spending high five figures or more each year. Of course they will be given perks to attract that revenue that look to some like excessive luxury. AA needs some once-a-year Kettles but supporting your wages and work rules require (and were negotiated in the days of) healthy premium cabin loads.

Waste of shareholder money? So, not only are you an expert at whatever you do at AA, you're also an expert on premium revenue decisions? AA enjoys a revenue premium over other US-based airlines (the APFA's own economist Akins admitted it in his roadshows), so I trust that this is one area where management knows more about it than you or anyone else in the represented work groups. AA is actually bringing in higher unit revenue on its international operations, and if AA abandoned its Premium Services, you can be certain that revenue premium would evaporate. There are probably just a few people at AA who have access to the numbers proving that the spending on the Admirals Clubs makes perfect financial sense, and I'm certain that none of them are pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, rampers or agents.

Once again, complain all you want about what AA does to attract premium cabin revenues, but I don't see those complaints increasing your pay any more than complaining about executive pay. Why not focus on doing what it takes to convince AA management that you're more valuable than AA has realized?

"Why not focus on doing what it takes to convince AA management that you're more valuable than AA has realized?"

Better yet, what would they pay for us to NOT drive away business?

Latest posts