TWU Working Together

Failure to change this current coarse will most likely result in a PanAm type of end to American Airlines.

There's going to be a change of course. Question is whether or not you're going to have a say in what that change involves...

There's going to be a change of course. Question is whether or not you're going to have a say in what that change involves...

I have not really had a say for 25 years "e".

The company union has let us have a ballot every now and then but I have no faith in their ability to be fair and honest when counting them. Or that they will even follow the direction of the membership regardless.

I wasn't expecting the TWU to change and suddenly care anymore than the company about my opinion.

And if the company allowed workers to have a say, there wouldn't be such a heavily unionized workforce.

I have more say at the FAA repair station I work at off shift.

I do have a say when I no longer work for AA. Stay tuned, I am working on that one.

One thing you can count on is that change is coming.....except for the greedy executives, of course...

One thing you can count on is that change is coming.....except for the greedy executives, of course...

The statements that are made here sometimes...

As you know I'm not a defender of exec payouts when the company isn't making a profit. But you guys have to look at the corporate world beyond airlines. Most of the C-level employees make any airline exec look like a pauper. A couple years ago I compiled a research project on exec comp and not a single airline exec made enough to rank on it.

Just a thought to put things in perspective. If you don't believe me Google "executive compensation" along with "Ray Irani", "Dick Grasso" or "Lee Raymond". You'll be blown away.

As you know I'm not a defender of exec payouts when the company isn't making a profit. But you guys have to look at the corporate world beyond airlines. Most of the C-level employees make any airline exec look like a pauper. A couple years ago I compiled a research project on exec comp and not a single airline exec made enough to rank on it.

Just a thought to put things in perspective. If you don't believe me Google "executive compensation" along with "Ray Irani", "Dick Grasso" or "Lee Raymond". You'll be blown away.

You are incorrect!

I do not have accept corporate world standards anymore than I have to accept airline executive standards.

In fact, I am pissed about all of the greed and theft and the first time someone starts a revolt I will be right there with them. Funny, that is the AFL-CIO's job to start the revolt, but the union leaders compensation is just as atrocious and I doubt they will start the movement. The union leaders are now back slapping with the rich instead of the working man.

But don't think for a minute you will calm my anger and disgust about this issue by comparing the worst to best thieves of our society.

I for one would not be bitching about greedy executive pay had it not been for this company's failure to "share the pain." We had a concessionary package shoved down out throats under the bankruptcy threat but the executives got "theirs" back regardless of how little or large their PUPs were. .

I for one would not be bitching about greedy executive pay had it not been for this company's failure to "share the pain." We had a concessionary package shoved down out throats under the bankruptcy threat but the executives got "theirs" back regardless of how little or large their PUPs were. .

I will bitching about Executive Pay at AA and all industries, until the attacks against the welfare of the middle class cease.

You actually think that this statement of yours , contradicts this particular statement of his?

Let me say up front that I'm not trying to get crappy or start a fight.

That said, I really don't give a tinker's damn what AMR executives make (or any other airline executive makes) in comparison to the "rest of the world" or the "C" level execs in your study, nor do most other posters here.

I will say (as will most others) these fools are paid far too much by the losers on the board for what little they do to benefit the company.

I will bitching about Executive Pay at AA and all industries, until the attacks against the welfare of the middle class cease.

Attacks on the welfare of the middle class started with Reagan and have continued with Republican control of the National and State Legislatures.

The recent trend towards voting Democrat is too little and probably too late.

Get used to it.

Like I said before just because other executives steal more than airline executives it doesnt mean airline executives are underpaid. Anybody who earns over $500,000 a year is not underpaid, especially if all they do is sit behind a desk. Nobody is really worth that kind of money.

When we compare ourselves to similarly skilled workers in other industries those same executives say its an unfair comparasion. If its not fair for us to compare then the same holds true for them.

Like I said before just because other executives steal more than airline executives it doesnt mean airline executives are underpaid. Anybody who earns over $500,000 a year is not underpaid, especially if all they do is sit behind a desk. Nobody is really worth that kind of money.

When we compare ourselves to similarly skilled workers in other industries those same executives say its an unfair comparasion. If its not fair for us to compare then the same holds true for them.

It's amazing how the unions are blamed for restrictive work rules and unrealistic expectations but it never seems to apply to executives, because as FFCa says, compared to other corporations, our executives should be receiving food stamps and welfare.

Attacks on the welfare of the middle class started with Reagan and have continued with Republican control of the National and State Legislatures.

The recent trend towards voting Democrat is too little and probably too late.

Get used to it.

I don't know how old you were at the time, but Jimmy Carter had the country in a major funk long before Reagan came along. Nobody was getting hired while Carter was President.

By the way a vote for the prophet Obama is a vote for marxism - he is way beyond your garden variety Democrat.
He is against oil exploration in anwr and off the coasts as well as building new refineries. Look for gas to sky rocket to about $7.00 per gallon if this phoney is elected. Common sense would tell anybody in this industry we need more gas now and in the future. That is, if you like being employed. <_<

It's amazing how the unions are blamed for restrictive work rules and unrealistic expectations but it never seems to apply to executives, because as FFCa says, compared to other corporations, our executives should be receiving food stamps and welfare.
I truly doubt FFCa is saying that airline execs are in the poor house. But one would think after reading these boards and other press out there that these guys make a killing. Personally, I don't see how focusing on what the boss earns helps your cause. Although the payouts, etc. seem unfair, and perhaps are in light of the "pull together win together" mantra that was instated 5 years ago, the sympathy that the public once had for the workers is eroding as many feel that the continual barrage of comparisons is a reflection of disgruntled and whining employees.

I am not saying the gripes against the company aren't warranted, I am just calling attention to the power of public perception which seems to be slowly changing to not be in AA employees' favor.