TWU Working Together

There's not much more that can be said about 'working together' - what a load of crap!

All we can do from now on is have a whine-fest or plan ways to throw a wrench into the works (which probably wouldn't go over very well with the board-keepers).

People had an opportunity to be "special" and "make a difference". Those mantras are similar to that of other groups that are still around hoping for some recognition.

<_<All the different committees add to the 'snob appeal', that is, "how many can I get on?" and not do a bit of work?

For a group of people that are supposedly somewhat educated, it didn't take very long for them to begin working for their "captors", so to speak. I'd damned sure hate to be in combat with these twits and be taken prisoner.
<_< ------ Bridge over the river Kwie comes to mind!!! :unsure:

I read here and personally hear on the floor that this how members feel.

Any ideas on what can be done about it?

What about someone defending the TWU Working Together or at least commenting on what the thread was about to begin with?

Any opinions on what we have gained by the TWU Working Together adventure?

I've got a few opinions on "working together" but the tone of your post suggests to me that you're looking to turn the whole thing into a TWU bashing...

What about someone defending the TWU Working Together or at least commenting on what the thread was about to begin with?

Any opinions on what we have gained by the TWU Working Together adventure?

That whole work together deal was just the company implementing what is known as the "Delphi Technique or tactic" on the employees. Just google it - it has been used with great success against the masses ie employees. We just need to be aware of it when it is used.

TWU bashing aside, Working Together bought us time. A couple years without bankruptcy and the joys that come with it. Now insane fuel prices are undoing OUR hard work. Pisses me off, frankly, that the sacrifices we made (and I supported and still do) have come to almost nothing now because of Wall Street commodities traders inflating the oil price.

Next time we "work together" it would be nice if the execs shared in both success and failure.

Next time we "work together" it would be nice if the execs shared in both success and failure.

Precisely. All the hue and cry about the executive raises and bonusses is so much hot air and meaningless gestures. The time to have dealt with those issues was back in 2003 during the concession negotiations. The unions should have insisted on a 'you, too' clause. "If we don't get raises and bonusses for the next 5 years, you don't either."

That is not to say that I don't have problems with the latest bonusses. Accepting a bonus on the same day you are announcing a $328 million quarterly loss is just bad taste.

Precisely. All the hue and cry about the executive raises and bonusses is so much hot air and meaningless gestures. The time to have dealt with those issues was back in 2003 during the concession negotiations. The unions should have insisted on a 'you, too' clause. "If we don't get raises and bonusses for the next 5 years, you don't either."

That is not to say that I don't have problems with the latest bonusses. Accepting a bonus on the same day you are announcing a $328 million quarterly loss is just bad taste.

Bad taste, eh? You're being rather charitable today, aren't you?

Of course, the bottom line for the hogs was the money, but I really believe the timing was intentional, just to see what would happen and how gutless the sheep had become.

20 years ago, all employees would have gone for a 2 hour walk at the same time with the union leading the "exercise session", but now ...

TWU bashing aside, Working Together bought us time. A couple years without bankruptcy and the joys that come with it. Now insane fuel prices are undoing OUR hard work. Pisses me off, frankly, that the sacrifices we made (and I supported and still do) have come to almost nothing now because of Wall Street commodities traders inflating the oil price.

The executives do share in the failure - that's what the latest round of bonuses were for.

Hindsight is 20/20. I understand that accepting the latest PUP was indeed in poor taste and a slap in the face to every AA employee, but what's done is done. Getting riled up and blowing smoke about it will not solve the problem. Incorporating a "shared pain/gain" clause tied into stock during the next round of contracts perhaps would, but then more substantial "cash" raises should not be expected as well. This scenario, however, comes with a greater risk.

Hindsight is 20/20. I understand that accepting the latest PUP was indeed in poor taste and a slap in the face to every AA employee, but what's done is done. Getting riled up and blowing smoke about it will not solve the problem. Incorporating a "shared pain/gain" clause tied into stock during the next round of contracts perhaps would, but then more substantial "cash" raises should not be expected as well. This scenario, however, comes with a greater risk.

"NOW HEAR THIS!"

I do not want any stock in return for concessions nor do I want any stock in lieu of compensation in my contract.

Let the executives keep their thousands of shares of stock and just give me what was was taken...

Again, the problem is that the privileged executives regained whatever symbolic concessions they gave while the rest of the employees are expected to stay silent, don't expect anything, be
"realistic" and if we don't like it, go get a business degree and become a greedy self serving upper class "i'm better than the lowly worker" arrogant types that we have..