Question about a DL 737

So far I've had the paint from one A320 come off on my hand, and the other two I've seen have poor detail work (around the cowlings, door frames, etc.).

WTF?
to be quite honest, I like the paint scheme on the smaller narrowbodies...as well as the larger Airbus moreso than the 744...I am sure it will all grow on me eventually like the current NW scheme...that is now slowly being absorbed.. it seems the rebranding is well underway..in DTW riding the tram I noticed all the new DL logos on every jet bridge I saw from that view..traveling down the concourse..I had mixed feeling of excitement and a little sad..

I would imagine there must be some type of rules and FAA regulations that are required when an aircraft is painted..or any marking applied to the fuselage?...I cannot(or really dont want to..) comment on the quality of someone's work.. unless I have a full understanding of how the painting process is completed..which I dont..

You're not "catching crap" because you "have no union". Delta mechs catch crap because you're either satisfied to be competing for your jobs against communists, or too gutless to put up a fight. Either way, it says you don't give a damn about this country. Labor unions have had to be the standard bearer for our independence from government. That has always taken membership involvement. You, on the other hand, ride coat-tails and make excuses for your own gutlessness.

You want to call me "bitter"? At least I care about something !

Ive seen the workers at TIMCO, believe me, they arent all Americans that are doing the work. Most are foreign nationals of some type.<_<

I assure you I care about this more than the average folk.

Its easy to be a tough guy on a message board. I guarantee you wouldnt want to make that kind of statement in a room of"gutless" Delta mechs.

So far I've had the paint from one A320 come off on my hand, and the other two I've seen have poor detail work (around the cowlings, door frames, etc.).

WTF?

Outsourcing at it's best.
If you pay for a $100 paint job,you get a $100 paint job.

Sadly these A/C have had all the hallmarks of a Earl Scheib "$99 special."

YES!

Much better than the current Citgo rip off...
A/C 3148's paint job "sucks", Their's an area about 2 feet wide above the cockpit windshield that just peeled off. It was "whitewashed". Now I get to see all those white planes turn black, pathetic..........

A/C 3148's paint job "sucks", Their's an area about 2 feet wide above the cockpit windshield that just peeled off. It was "whitewashed". Now I get to see all those white planes turn black, pathetic..........

I wonder how much it will cost to remove/repair the corrosion from these (I'll paint any plane for $99.99) A/C ?

I wonder how much it will cost to remove/repair the corrosion from these (I'll paint any plane for $99.99) A/C ?

Its not normally corrosion causing the paint to peel. Its not prepping the surface properly, if the surface isnt properly prepared the paint wont bond well.

Latest posts