Rant and rave thread!

Swadl, I said what was posted on SWAlife. But you could very well be correct. I don't know for sure if it did or did not happend. And you are also correct that a responce did come very quickly from GK, AND, usually the company never comments on rumors, right? Just some things to think about I guess. I could see it happening, if Herb is not approving the way the company is being ran. I didn't mean to sound like I knew in my post, as I don't know positividly.

This company is going down a road like the other company's are and to me that's Scarry. Why are we creating all these positions in management. Why?

Swa has always been one of the best at sugar coating and has been fantastic at slight of hand,, but too many people from the G.O to the ground have been talking about it,,the versions are too close to be false....had a provisioner tell me that herb is on a rampage and even said that GK has been lining up a top spot at PEPSI,,one thing i know is that inside of all the rumors lies many grains of truth,,, the AT thing was Garys baby and it may end up being his down fall......

my

I tend to believe Herb when he said our downfall will be ourselves and our own complacency, not so much Gary or Treblecock. We all want to believe Southwest will be around at least until we ourselves are ready to retire(don't care what happens after that) We want everything to stay the same all the while using Unions to get every dollar we can, using every trick we can come up with to get a day off and get paid for that day as well. We are so naive as to believe Southwest can make money in spite of all that ( or at least last until we are ready to retire).

I tend to believe Herb when he said our downfall will be ourselves and our own complacency, not so much Gary or Treblecock. We all want to believe Southwest will be around at least until we ourselves are ready to retire(don't care what happens after that) We want everything to stay the same all the while using Unions to get every dollar we can, using every trick we can come up with to get a day off and get paid for that day as well. We are so naive as to believe Southwest can make money in spite of all that ( or at least last until we are ready to retire).

If Southwest goes belly up it won't be because employees abused their sick time etc... It will be because of bad business decisions and over ambitious growth and change.

Yes really? Lol how long you been here (english)? You still make me laugh (take it easy with this one avtech). I loved that quote from you. Getting back to swa1963. I guess we should not ask for pay raises. I know we should take pay cuts , give back our vacation days and floaters.oooh yes and that sick time come to work sick because you will get fired if you use it.. Maybe take the company match away also for the 401k and hire more people in management with it. I would think people stay at one employer for longevity for the their benefits . People don't stay productive when everything starts to be taken away. Yes there are those who abuse there right, but find those people who do and penilize them not the whole company. In the end this was a great company to work for but it just seems we are going down the wrong path with so many things. I hope our purchases and decision pan out , and I hope we get back to what we once where. Sorry for this long one

Reactions: 2 people
I say we should be asking for everything we can get , but it's up to us to make sure our services provide a benefit for the company, I've been here 20+ years at southwest, sure management has changed in their attitude , but our attitude has changed more than theirs has.

Yes really? Lol how long you been here (english)? You still make me laugh (take it easy with this one avtech). I loved that quote from you. Getting back to swa1963. I guess we should not ask for pay raises. I know we should take pay cuts , give back our vacation days and floaters.oooh yes and that sick time come to work sick because you will get fired if you use it.. Maybe take the company match away also for the 401k and hire more people in management with it. I would think people stay at one employer for longevity for the their benefits . People don't stay productive when everything starts to be taken away. Yes there are those who abuse there right, but find those people who do and penilize them not the whole company. In the end this was a great company to work for but it just seems we are going down the wrong path with so many things. I hope our purchases and decision pan out , and I hope we get back to what we once where. Sorry for this long one

Calling in sick when you are not sick is abuse and not professional IMHO . The more people do it , it encourages others to do it too. Now GK want to crack down on it and everyone's in an uproar. As far penalizing anyone we all know the unions will defend any and all abusers and we will stand with them just like sheep!

As someone that is involved with my union I am glad that we have the right to due process. I will defend all my fellow brothers and sisters because that is what we pay dues for. It is up to the company get there ducks in a line if they suspect someone is abusing the attendance policy. To make a blanket statement that we are all abusers is offensive and irresponsible.