Why High Speed Rail is a Boondoggle in the Midwest

Oh, come on. Vampires aren't afraid of sunlight. Didn't you see Breaking Dawn?

No "breaking dawn"....but I'm going to the 'Picture Show' ... : ) .....tomorrow to see "Atlas Shrugged"(Lotsa' rail action judging from the trailer.

AND, SPEAKING of RAIL ACTION..Mr. Olesen,....Where 'T-F' is your rebuttal(s) to the Factual info I posted TO YOU, on the AMTRAK's ...FY... performance ?????????? (especially on the CHICAGO and MILWAUKEE facts)... HUH ?????
(I've never known YOU to get SHY on any Subject) !

AND, SPEAKING of RAIL ACTION..Mr. Olesen,....Where 'T-F' is your rebuttal(s) to the Factual info I posted TO YOU, on the AMTRAK's ...FY... performance ?????????? (especially on the CHICAGO and MILWAUKEE facts)... HUH ?????

Never had any argument on the CHI-MKE numbers. You're talking about a combined 11M people between the two primary markets. Chicago isn't a thru station for Amtrak.

But that doesn't mean that STL-CHI, STL-MKE, STL-MSN, CHI-MSN, or the reverse markets are going to do well. It won't even be thru service -- they don't mix the Hiawatha equipment with the Illinois or Michigan service equipment.

The other problem is that Union Station only has one practical thru track, which 7 & 8 (Empire Builder) occupy for a combined 3-4 hours during the middle of the day. Building more capacity isn't in the cards right now, nor is it in the budget.

No "breaking dawn"....but I'm going to the 'Picture Show' ... : ) .....tomorrow to see "Atlas Shrugged"(Lotsa' rail action judging from the trailer.

(I've never known YOU to get SHY on any Subject) !

Apparently , you have absolutely no idea what Atlas Shrugged is really about ! You going to see this movie is like Barrack endorsing Mitt !

Oh, and this one is the second in a trilogy !

"tomorrow to see "Atlas Shrugged"(Lotsa' rail action judging from the trailer.)" doesn't sound sacastic to me ! Sounds like it involved trains, so count him in !

I hope he does see it, might shed a little light on his misconceptions about government.................See part 1 first though, Barry-O!