ready reserve postion t/c and gate at airport

Apr 11, 2010
What can of Benefit is DL offering for the CSA-Ready Reserve position? Does Ready Reserve agent is allowed to obtain pass on OAL such as ZED or ID90-75 discount? Is the Ready Reserve position is like a Part Time position at DL? How is the Ready Reserve position work anyway? Just want to know----thank you

Can Ready Reserve Agent do shift Trade? How long is the probationary period at DL for a Ready Reserve position? Is Ready Reserve Permanent or just like a TEMP only?

What can of Benefit is DL offering for the CSA-Ready Reserve position? Does Ready Reserve agent is allowed to obtain pass on OAL such as ZED or ID90-75 discount? Is the Ready Reserve position is like a Part Time position at DL? How is the Ready Reserve position work anyway? Just want to know----thank you

Can Ready Reserve Agent do shift Trade? How long is the probationary period at DL for a Ready Reserve position? Is Ready Reserve Permanent or just like a TEMP only?

Come on DL non-union supporters tell the board how good it is for the employees working ready reserve

Come on DL non-union supporters tell the board how good it is for the employees working ready reserve

Please I would Like to know---because I have a friend interested in one of the CSA-Ready Reserve--she is currently on furlough with OAL....

* No benefits (medical dental, etc.).

* No seniority

* Can shift trade with other RR's, but that's it.

* Hours are capped at 999 max annually.

* Some stations RR's have a relatively consistent schedule, some you're more or less on call.

* No idea about travel; someone else'll have to field that one.

* No benefits (medical dental, etc.).

* No seniority

* Can shift trade with other RR's, but that's it.

* Hours are capped at 999 max annually.

* Some stations RR's have a relatively consistent schedule, some you're more or less on call.

* No idea about travel; someone else'll have to field that one.

so RR is on Call----they call when they need u---no schedules? what kind of job is that? would they tell u what day they call u? No shift trade with another co-worker? WOW? DL need a UNION bad

Can a Ready Reserve Agent retire with, say at least flight benefits,(how long is the minimum time), or does one have to be either part-time or full-time?
What's most of you RR agents working (hours) in a typical week?
I've heard where people are only hardly ever. Guess it depends on the station?

so RR is on Call----they call when they need u---no schedules? what kind of job is that?
I can't imagine a lot of people having the flexibility to be able to get a call one day to cover a sick call the next day.

Can a Ready Reserve Agent retire with, say at least flight benefits,(how long is the minimum time), or does one have to be either part-time or full-time?
How could a person "retire" from a job when they don't even have a seniority date and aren't a permanent, regular employee?

It's hard to imagine that people would give up a permanent, full time position elsewhere to take an RR position just to get their foot in the door with DL. I remember back in the 1980s when the only way to start with DL was to take a TPT (Temporary Part-Time) position. From that, you might be lucky enough to get a permanent, part-time position. After years of doing that, you might have a chance at a full-time position. There was no way I could give up the permanent, full-time position I had at the time to take a chance on a temporary job at DL. There was nothing to keep DL from saying after a few months, "Well, your temporary employment with DL is over. Have a nice life." Taking the TPT position did not guarantee permanent employment, even in a part-time status.

I can't imagine a lot of people having the flexibility to be able to get a call one day to cover a sick call the next day.

How could a person "retire" from a job when they don't even have a seniority date and aren't a permanent, regular employee?

It's hard to imagine that people would give up a permanent, full time position elsewhere to take an RR position just to get their foot in the door with DL. I remember back in the 1980s when the only way to start with DL was to take a TPT (Temporary Part-Time) position. From that, you might be lucky enough to get a permanent, part-time position. After years of doing that, you might have a chance at a full-time position. There was no way I could give up the permanent, full-time position I had at the time to take a chance on a temporary job at DL. There was nothing to keep DL from saying after a few months, "Well, your temporary employment with DL is over. Have a nice life." Taking the TPT position did not guarantee permanent employment, even in a part-time status.

Sky,
Either there is some misinformation or facts aren't straight. Not sure which. I asked this question to a station manager and a R/R agent. They both indicated that if a R/R employee is hired on in R/R status and once they go either p/t or f/t, their original hire date (as the R/R) will then count towards their hire/retire date. Maybe a current R/R can chime in and clarify.

Sky,
Either there is some misinformation or facts aren't straight. Not sure which. I asked this question to a station manager and a R/R agent. They both indicated that if a R/R employee is hired on in R/R status and once they go either p/t or f/t, their original hire date (as the R/R) will then count towards their hire/retire date.
It is my understanding that there are three employment classifications: full-time, part-time, and ready reserve. If an RR never gets f/t or p/t status, how would they be able to "retire" with benefits? They are simply an "as needed" employee. It sounds much like PRN nursing. You are called to fill in only on an "as needed" basis.

In the case of the TPT positions in the 1980s, there was never any guarantee of permanent employment.

Sky,
Either there is some misinformation or facts aren't straight. Not sure which. I asked this question to a station manager and a R/R agent. They both indicated that if a R/R employee is hired on in R/R status and once they go either p/t or f/t, their original hire date (as the R/R) will then count towards their hire/retire date. Maybe a current R/R can chime in and clarify.

That may be the case (a cursory search of DLNet didn't turn up anything to confirm/deny what you're stating), but that also assumes that RR's will one day be permanent employees. In a place like ATL, that may very well come true. In a line station that could very well *never* occur.

From the DELTA WEBSITE:

As part of our Ready Reserve program, you can work 300 - 1300 hours per year. This position could be the perfect entry-level position though, which could eventually allow you to apply for a full-time position if you so desire. The benefits include flight privileges and working flexible schedules.

Back