ready reserve postion t/c and gate at airport

From the DELTA WEBSITE:

As part of our Ready Reserve program, you can work 300 - 1300 hours per year. This position could be the perfect entry-level position though, which could eventually allow you to apply for a full-time position if you so desire. The benefits include flight privileges and working flexible schedules.

It may be station-specific but I was told at my interview 1) bidding of shifts is by seniority - what you end up with is what you'll be expected to work, and 2) you can only shift-swap with other R/R personnel...no p/t or f/t'ers.
5 days/week, a minimum of 4-5 hours/shift.
For someone who goes to school or has another job to have the benefits the R/R program doesn't offer, it could be a real problem if you get a line you possibly can't work.
If there are stations out there that has flexibilty on schedules, not necessiarly by seniority bid, I'd be curious to know. Also, stations that don't have 5 days/week work schedule for a R/R. (feel free to PM if you want) :)

I am a RR reserve employee for Delta in PBI, by choice...I was a fulltime employee in DFW res, accepted a part-time position in ACS (airport customer service) to move to South Florida to be closer to family and eventually ended up as a RR to reduce my schedule even more so I can go back to school...

As a RR reserve employee you can work up to 1300 hrs per year, I am currently on a set schedule of 5hrs a day 5days a week...some stations still use RR employees to simply "fill in the holes" of their schedules but most are moving to a more uniform schedule to give RR's more stability in their work -- great for me, makes it easier to work out a school schedule...you can swap with other RR's but not with the fulltime/partitme lines...

Seniority...you have date of hire seniority just like everyone else...and that seniority stays with you as you move thru out the country - moving into an inflight position is the only move that will cut your seniority...your seniority is used for days off, shift bidding and non-rev listing...when you list for nonrev all that is counted in senriority - it does not matter your title, only date of hire...I know some RR's that have been put in 1st class while their station managers were put in coach, cause the RR had higher seniority...

Benefits, no medical but you get get full Delta flight benefits...after 30days you get everything except buddy passes and S2 emergency passes, all new hire employes full time/part time etc now wait a year for those, it isnt just RR's

moving into a full time part time position - if you want too, you can...but like all other large corporations it may require you too move to another city for a while...example in ATL, they had enough fulltime and parttime positions open up last year that every RR in ATL could have changed to a fulltime/parttime employee if they want too...in PBI, it may be a long time before a fulltime/parttime position opens up, not that I would take it...
Kev3188 - never say never...yes, ATL it is easier to move into a fulltime/parttime position, but 2years ago PBI was begging RR's to take open parttime lines, the RR's at the time didnt want them so they were posted for internal applicants...a RR from HNL and a parttime from JFK transfered to PBI to accept those lines...as we speak FLL is about to post enough openings to allow almost all their RR's the chance to move into at least a parttime line...

A long, long time ago the only way to get hired at Delta was reservation and cabin service...now it is pretty much reservations and RR...

I am a RR reserve employee for Delta in PBI, by choice...I was a fulltime employee in DFW res, accepted a part-time position in ACS (airport customer service) to move to South Florida to be closer to family and eventually ended up as a RR to reduce my schedule even more so I can go back to school...

As a RR reserve employee you can work up to 1300 hrs per year, I am currently on a set schedule of 5hrs a day 5days a week...some stations still use RR employees to simply "fill in the holes" of their schedules but most are moving to a more uniform schedule to give RR's more stability in their work -- great for me, makes it easier to work out a school schedule...you can swap with other RR's but not with the fulltime/partitme lines...

Seniority...you have date of hire seniority just like everyone else...and that seniority stays with you as you move thru out the country - moving into an inflight position is the only move that will cut your seniority...your seniority is used for days off, shift bidding and non-rev listing...when you list for nonrev all that is counted in senriority - it does not matter your title, only date of hire...I know some RR's that have been put in 1st class while their station managers were put in coach, cause the RR had higher seniority...

Benefits, no medical but you get get full Delta flight benefits...after 30days you get everything except buddy passes and S2 emergency passes, all new hire employes full time/part time etc now wait a year for those, it isnt just RR's

moving into a full time part time position - if you want too, you can...but like all other large corporations it may require you too move to another city for a while...example in ATL, they had enough fulltime and parttime positions open up last year that every RR in ATL could have changed to a fulltime/parttime employee if they want too...in PBI, it may be a long time before a fulltime/parttime position opens up, not that I would take it...
Kev3188 - never say never...yes, ATL it is easier to move into a fulltime/parttime position, but 2years ago PBI was begging RR's to take open parttime lines, the RR's at the time didnt want them so they were posted for internal applicants...a RR from HNL and a parttime from JFK transfered to PBI to accept those lines...as we speak FLL is about to post enough openings to allow almost all their RR's the chance to move into at least a parttime line...

A long, long time ago the only way to get hired at Delta was reservation and cabin service...now it is pretty much reservations and RR...
Why not permanent part-time with benefits you know sick leave vacations healthcare dental overtime filling of vacancies furlough uniforms shift definitions and premiums pension and swaps etc……
With the merge employee group’s permanent vs temporary wouldn’t it be better

Why not permanent part-time with benefits you know sick leave vacations healthcare dental overtime filling of vacancies furlough uniforms shift definitions and premiums pension and swaps etc……
With the merge employee group’s permanent vs temporary wouldn’t it be better

perm part-time is not what I want...i cant work over 30hrs a week...I have health benefits elsewhere and I only want my flight benefits...RR is what works best for me...

perm part-time is not what I want...i cant work over 30hrs a week...I have health benefits elsewhere and I only want my flight benefits...RR is what works best for me...
Doesn’t Permanent part-time have better flight benefits and ability to swap off and pickup hours same as RR.Lucky for you to have unrelated work health care a dream for employers

deltaflyboy, on 16 July 2010 - 12:49 PM, said:

RR has exactly the same flight benefits as all the other employees..

deltaflyboy, on 10 July 2010 - 08:05 PM, said:

you get everything except buddy passes and S2 emergency passes,
John John, if you are going to quote me - quote my entire statement not just part of it...if you reread my post is says...

to paraphrase at 30 days all employees get everything except the s2's and buddy passes - all newhire employees get those after 1 year of service....

deltaflyboy, on 16 July 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

RR folks were happy with their 20 hours per week...at the time the max was 999hrs per year...my schedule, my hours, my flight benefits are excatly what I want...

deltaflyboy, on 10 July 2010 - 08:05 PM, said:

As a RR reserve employee you can work up to 1300 hrs per year,

yes..now we can work 1300 hrs per year - at the time the reg parttime posititions (the subject of that first post) were posted the max was 999 hrs per year...that is why in my original posting I stated "at the time the max was 999hrs per year"

deltaflyboy, is it really wise to use the Delta name and logo and Skyteam logo as your avatar? It implies that you are speaking on behalf of Delta or representing Delta on here. Many companies have very strict policies against that and take infractions quite seriously. Just a thought.

deltaflyboy, is it really wise to use the Delta name and logo and Skyteam logo as your avatar? It implies that you are speaking on behalf of Delta or representing Delta on here. Many companies have very strict policies against that and take infractions quite seriously. Just a thought.

hadnt really thought about it, ive always used the widget on here...but to be on the safe side though i did remove it...thanks skyguy

RR folks were happy with their 20 hours per week...at the time the max was 999hrs per year...my schedule, my hours, my flight benefits are excatly what I want...
Although you are working 20 hours/week, does your station break it down to 5 days/week? that only leave 2 days/week to travel...not really a p/t job working 5 days/week..IMO. It would be nice to work a 3 day/week schedule and get your hours in. At least make and have time to enjoy the travel perks.

Back