ready reserve postion t/c and gate at airport

Although you are working 20 hours/week, does your station break it down to 5 days/week? that only leave 2 days/week to travel...not really a p/t job working 5 days/week..IMO. It would be nice to work a 3 day/week schedule and get your hours in. At least make and have time to enjoy the travel perks.

my days off are coordintated with both jobs, I only do little day trips thru out the year and once or twice I take a longer trip...no different then when I was a full time and part time employee...my parents have always used my flight benefits more then I did, and that is still the case...

my days off are coordintated with both jobs, I only do little day trips thru out the year and once or twice I take a longer trip...no different then when I was a full time and part time employee...my parents have always used my flight benefits more then I did, and that is still the case...

nice..how many days/week do you average and does your stations mandate that you get in at least 20 hrs/week?

I understand a R/R can't retire with any benefits but as a p/t or f/t, one can retire with at least 10 years of service and hit the minimum age of 52. I also know that when you convert to either a p/t or f/t status, your original date of hire (DOH) will count towards your retirement date. So let's say you got hired in July 2010 at age 42. You were a R/R for 10 years then went to p/t status. After you convert to p/t status, you are now age 52 and you have 10 years with DL. Can you officially retire with unlimited travel benefits (S3B)?

nice..how many days/week do you average and does your stations mandate that you get in at least 20 hrs/week?

I understand a R/R can't retire with any benefits but as a p/t or f/t, one can retire with at least 10 years of service and hit the minimum age of 52. I also know that when you convert to either a p/t or f/t status, your original date of hire (DOH) will count towards your retirement date. So let's say you got hired in July 2010 at age 42. You were a R/R for 10 years then went to p/t status. After you convert to p/t status, you are now age 52 and you have 10 years with DL. Can you officially retire with unlimited travel benefits (S3B)?

At PBI we work 25hrs per week, if we worked all our schedules with no time off that would put us at the max per year of 1300 hours...

On the retirement, as it stands right now - yes you could retire from full time/part time status after converting from RR with your flight benefits since your date of hire follows you...the 2009 earlyout program had that as a specific question and the answer was as long you did not have a "break in service" your time as a RR would count towards the retirement...

Latest posts

Back