Receiving and dispatch

WTS54-

*****Funny isnt it the pilots and others thinking of ways for the mechanics to help the company survive.********

The thread topic is called receiving and dispatch. What else are we supposed to talk about in this thread?

*******Clean up your own house first.I suggest we all could work for SWA wages and workrules******

Be careful what you wish for! You might be right!

***********Oh yes UAL777FLYER I think it would be much cheaper to start outsourcing pilots*************

Uh, they already do outsource pilots. They've been doing it for years. Where have you been?

******and maybe cap your wages at lets say $125,000 per year if we did
that the company would sure save a huge amount.$250,000 a year for someone to pilot a plane is surely to much money wouldnt you agree?***********

Again, be careful what you wish for. Any significant pay cut taken by ALPA will probably be matched or be pretty darn close to paycuts taken by other employee groups on the property.

*******Maybe we could find some third world pilots who would work for much less
and probably not send meters to the company complaining that there is no
caramel topping on their cheesecake because you know you are supposed to get the same meal as business class as the 777 driver stated in said meter*******

But they don't put enough caramel topping on the cheesecake!!! I think they do it just to annoy us!

*********You will need a least two ramper more than likely for them to do R+D********

They don't need 2 rampers at most of the outstations. Why would they need 2 rampers unless under unusual circumstances?

Working for SWA wages and work rules may be a good thing. Their new contract pays pretty well. Anyone willing to do their job would not be afraid of work rule changes. I'll bet we already lost R & D. The union will give it away. The mechanics that think voting for whatever package is presented to save their jobs will ensure that R & D is gone for good. The company needs to decide how many mechanics it is going to let go. Count all the retirements and then see what is needed.

ualdriver I think if people wanted to get rid of half the union pilots and
replace them with non-union people I think the company would be shut down
manana just as I hope all the rest of my mechanics would.that is just wrong
that the people that bought this company with years of service will be just cast aside.I have 13 yrs and I may end up at jfk on mids so be it,but
I will survive.

******ualdriver I think if people wanted to get rid of half the union pilots and replace them with non-union people I think the company would be shut down
manana just as I hope all the rest of my mechanics would.that is just wrong
that the people that bought this company with years of service will be just cast aside.********

I don't know if wrong is the right word, and I don't know if the company is trying to get rid of half the mechanics on the property as you claim, so I can't argue that. That's for you and the IAM to argue. But YOUR solution to YOUR UNION'S perceived problems on this board have been to lash out at another employee group with comments about our salary, outsourcing, and perhaps worst of all, our desserts. ALPA and the other employee groups on this property are not going to solve your problem for you, and attacking them isn't going to help you, either.

I think ualdriver makes a great point. It's time for the union leadership to work with the company and give in to productivity and efficiency improvements, so that costs can be lowered to a point where they company can then afford to keep work in house. But if a union refuses to give on work rules and staffing requirements, and isn't receptive to wage cuts, it's a no-brainer that a company will look for cheaper alternatives to get the work done. But I am firmly convinced that if all parties put aside their politics and posturing, that together, each group can find ways to become more productive and efficient and thereby mitigate the wage cuts we have to take. It may still be painful to make those changes, but there is no choice at this point.

I don/t work for UAL so I don/t know how strongly the mechs feel about R&D. However I think it might be fair if the mechs gave up R&D in exchange for layoff protection for the R&D guys. The savings would come from the ability to retask these guys to working on planes that were brought back in house. No more, or maybe smaller, checks to Tramco, or wherever your stuff goes.

I don't know if wrong is the right word, and I don't know if the company is trying to get rid of half the mechanics on the property as you claim, so I can't argue that. That's for you and the IAM to argue. But YOUR solution to YOUR UNION'S perceived problems on this board have been to lash out at another employee group with comments about our salary, outsourcing, and perhaps worst of all, our desserts. ALPA and the other employee groups on this property are not going to solve your problem for you, and attacking them isn't going to help you, either.

OK I guess we should examine the first ERP because thats the only thing I have to reference to.First they wanted unlimited farmout,and to be able to
sell off all maint.bases besides the monetary cuts(pay and ins.premiums).So I can just accept all that and go away or what.Dont think for a minute we are the only ones theyare gunning forI not asking your union for squat so stop implying that I want you to help me when the time
comes I will do what I need to do.Whats up with everybodies fixation on the mechanics problems?? You guys management or whatever you are should get your
house together before you can tell us what we should do! Perhaps you dont like it when someone reads all this crap daily all you mechanic know it alls
keep running your mouth about our business.All I read on here is the mechanics this,the mechanics that.Sounds to me you have a problem ideating
on a problem you arent going to have anything to do with in finding a solution except exhaling hot air.chao

It does seem inefficient. At outstations, including some very busy airports, certain trained ramp personel can push an aircraft and park it as well. Making the mechanic the only one to accept and dispatch an aircraft would be like saying, only pilots can taxi an aircraft to and from the maintenance hanger...Because they just cannot do as good a job. Not so, mechanics do just fine. It makes the operation run smoother and reduces pilot manpower needs to move and relocate planes.

I'm all for job protection, don't get me wrong. But I am also for our airline's survival. All groups will be giving up things. This specific topic seems to be a logical one that will also help ontime arrivals when mechanics get tied up fixing an aircraft, etc.

Thanks for reading.