Ual Mechs Send A Clear Message

Busdrvr said:
Actually they can if they want to. It's called hedging.

5 years? Did the airlines or the creditors know that oil was going to go to $50/barrel, obviuosly they did not know that but even though the price of fuel was uncertain they still lent the airlines money.

You don't think there is a market for A320's and 777's? maybe that logic will work when AMR files since nobody wants MD-80's, but not with UAL's fleet.

Is that all UAL has is 777 and 320s? Sure they may lease the few dozen of them but what about the hundreds of others?

"They fact is that the unions were too stupid to see that and allowed themselves to get suckered into bad deals. The airlines have faced tough times in the past yet they still got financing without long term labor contracts."

How much you puttin up Bob? This ain't a charity. It's actually the idiots who claim to know about corporate finance yet come up with your B.S.

You seem to be getting hostile without even addressing what I wrote or what you quoted. Why is that if you are no longer even in the industry?

You were out telling them about the unemployment check they'd be getting. Well how about it Bob? Do they?

Did I? I dont see where I even mention unemployment in that post. I'll have to check. I suppose it depends on what state you live in and what you claim when you file.

Sure the excuse you gave was a good reason for the company to seek long term concessionary contracts but not a good one for the unions to accept them.

Having a JOB isn't a "good reason". I guess we'll see won't we. If there is a union primed to get crushed right now, it's the AMFA. And to be egging them on is irresponsible.

If we just wanted "a JOB" we can get that anywhere, we want a "GOOD JOB". If we are going to work crazy shifts, weekends and holidays we want a little extra to show for our sacrifice.

I'm ready to go down the same path if need be.I've made that clear over and over again and proven it by what I've said and done with those who I work with. Irresposible is giving away everything that we worked for with nothing but a reduced paycheck and no future in return. Besides if they are going to be crushed then why do you care? The fact is you are nothing but a scab.

"Did I? I dont see where I even mention unemployment in that post. I'll have to check. I suppose it depends on what state you live in and what you claim when you file."

Can't even remeber what you say from one post to the next eh bob?

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...pic=18518&st=30

"If we just wanted "a JOB" we can get that anywhere, we want a "GOOD JOB". If we are going to work crazy shifts, weekends and holidays we want a little extra to show for our sacrifice.

I'm ready to go down the same path if need be.I've made that clear over and over again and proven it by what I've said and done with those who I work with. Irresposible is giving away everything that we worked for with nothing but a reduced paycheck and no future in return. Besides if they are going to be crushed then why do you care? The fact is you are nothing but a scab."

LMAO, YOU BOB, YOU are the one who is currently working under pay and conditions that YOU YOURSELF deemed inadequate. Yet you put on your "bob" shirt every day, probably b1tch for the entire shift, and go home and cash the paycheck. Bob, I took an LOA 2 years ago because I could do better. You still go to the same job. I think your definition of "scab" is about informed as the rest of your irrational drivel. Just keep putting on that unwashed "Bob" shirt and keep going to that low paying below your worth job Bob. you actions speak volumes. Just don't come here and expect some other company's Mechs to fight a fight you don't have the nads to fight yourself.

Busdrvr,Jan 31 2005, 03:51 PM]

Bob, I took an LOA 2 years ago because I could do better.

Oh really, then you should have no reason to hide behind an alias do you? Why dont you post under your real name like Mike Weiss and others? Why are you even here? If you dont even work for UAL then why are you so eager to see these guys work for less?

Just don't come here and expect some other company's Mechs to fight a fight you don't have the nads to fight yourself.

There you go again. making baseless accusations again. I voted No, campaigned hard to get others to do the same and am willing to strike and yes if that means the whole thing collapses then so be it. I will roll out my tools and move on with the satisfaction that I did the best I could to make things better. The fact is that the company is not authrizing LOA in maintenance so its either quit, accept or fight. I choose to fight.

Oh really, then you should have no reason to hide behind an alias do you? Why dont you post under your real name like Mike Weiss and others? Why are you even here? If you dont even work for UAL then why are you so eager to see these guys work for less?

Why are YOU here Bob? you don't work for UAL, and since banks throw money around, UAL's contract has nothing to do with your's. AMR can pay you whatever it wants. :rolleyes: . And actually Bob, several folks here know exactly who I am. It's just not very smart to post your name on a public web board. Remember when this site was cited as a source for a "slowdown" at U over Christmas? the truth is there are a lot of well connected folks on this board who know a lot more about the industry then you'll ever have a clue about, but don't post because of idiots who want to know their names. Just some of the folks i know personally who no longer come here included high ranking union officials, airline consultants, and revenue managers. but you'd rather they leave than honor their privacy. :rolleyes:

"There you go again. making baseless accusations again. I voted No, campaigned hard to get others to do the same and am willing to strike and yes if that means the whole thing collapses then so be it. I will roll out my tools and move on with the satisfaction that I did the best I could to make things better. The fact is that the company is not authrizing LOA in maintenance so its either quit, accept or fight. I choose to fight."

No bob, YOU don't choose to fight, you choose OTHERS to fight for you. I'd be impressed if you spent your off duty time picketing AMR's front offices. I'd be impressed if you led a "work to the rule" campaign. I'd be impressed if you resigned over the priciples you claim to expouse. Yet all you do is continue to go to work and complain complain complain., and oh yeah, come over here and try to incite at UAL what you don't have the nads to do yourself. Be a Man Bob, Show us the way. submit your resignation today.

Busdrvr said:

Why are YOU here Bob?

Because what happens to mechanics at UAL will affect what happens here. You can be sure that when the concessions train comes rolling in where I work I will be campaigning even harder to make sure we say NO.

Now when are you going to answer my question? Why are you here? Or do you feel that this is an interrogation and not a debate?

you don't work for UAL, and since banks throw money around, UAL's contract has nothing to do with your's.

Wrong. How long did you actually work in this industry? Everyone knows how things work, except you.

And actually Bob, several folks here know exactly who I am. It's just not very smart to post your name on a public web board. Remember when this site was cited as a source for a "slowdown" at U over Christmas?

Well the fact that you are pro-company should allow you to reveal yourself. Besides if the company wanted your name they would simply get a court order forcing the website to reveal who you are. They have that info from when you signed up.

the truth is there are a lot of well connected folks on this board who know a lot more about the industry then you'll ever have a clue about, but don't post because of idiots who want to know their names.

Dont flatter yourself, you're not one of them.

Just some of the folks i know personally who no longer come here included high ranking union officials, airline consultants, and revenue managers. but you'd rather they leave than honor their privacy.

No that not true, however if they start making personal attacks and questioning motives instead of what is posted then they should reveal who they are to level the playing field. If they want to stick to issues then I never attack their choice to remain anonymous.

"There you go again. making baseless accusations again. I voted No, campaigned hard to get others to do the same and am willing to strike and yes if that means the whole thing collapses then so be it. I will roll out my tools and move on with the satisfaction that I did the best I could to make things better. The fact is that the company is not authrizing LOA in maintenance so its either quit, accept or fight. I choose to fight."

No bob, YOU don't choose to fight, you choose OTHERS to fight for you.

Wrong again, I choose to fight along side others. If and when the opportunity comes I will fight. If AMFA walks I will be there as I have many times before with the Flight Attendants and others.

I'd be impressed if you spent your off duty time picketing AMR's front offices.

Its not exactly local now is it?

I'd be impressed if you resigned over the priciples you claim to expouse.

I dont espouse quitting, I espouse fighting. There is a difference but I would not expect you to understand that.

I can see that you have no further points to discuss nor will you respond to questions, instead merely making the same accusations over and over again so I think that going back and forth with a nameless faceless coward such as yourself is pointless.

"you don't work for UAL, and since banks throw money around, UAL's contract has nothing to do with your's.

Wrong. How long did you actually work in this industry? Everyone knows how things work, except you."

Uh Bob, you're the mental Giant who has been on here telling us the banks will give UAL the money anyway, regardless of the cost of the union contracts. you're the one who can't seem to grasp the notion that UAL may already be paying more for MX than AMR. you're the one that sat idly by all these years while UAL was carrying extra Mechs on the payrolls for D&R, yet didn't demand it at AMR. Concession train Bob? you guys at AMR must be the conductors. In case you haven't figured it out bob, the quote above whre you quoted me in your last post, is called "sarcasm". The sad thing is you can't tell the differance. BTW does your shop have a front office? If So Picket there. Or if you'd rather, do some research beyond the communist manifesto, figure out which airlines actually pay mechs the least (including bene's), and employ the fewest Mechs and go picket there. After all since "everybody knows that's how it works" shouldn't you be more concerned with whoever has the fewest/lowest paid mechs?

Well the fact that you are pro-company should allow you to reveal yourself.

Bob, I'm NOT pro-company, just anti idiot.

"Wrong again, I choose to fight along side others. If and when the opportunity comes I will fight. If AMFA walks I will be there as I have many times before with the Flight Attendants and others."

LMAO, so "Fighting along side others" means carrying a sign for a few hours during your off time, only to return home and cash YOUR paycheck, while the REAL battle is waged by those risking it all?

Bob Owens said:
Why dont you post under your real name like Mike Weiss and others?
[post="244074"][/post]​
My name is no big deal here because:
  • I don't work in the industry, so my job is not in jeopardy from being public about it
  • The name is common enough that, for all you know I'm an Olympic medalist or a television actor
  • It's not even necessarily my real name
;)

mweiss said:
My name is no big deal here because:
  • I don't work in the industry, so my job is not in jeopardy from being public about it
  • The name is common enough that, for all you know I'm an Olympic medalist or a television actor
  • It's not even necessarily my real name
;)
[post="244101"][/post]​

Ok Joe.

I agree with Kcabpilot. Monday we finish up the last B737, C Check, that will be done in house. :down: