Would You Go To A Foreign Country To ....

kimberlite

Oct 17, 2004
Rumor in res is is that some are being asked to go to a foreign country to train for reservations. Personally, I would have to decline that request. I realize that U would not be the first to outsource to say, India, for example. Just curious, would anyone out there want to go?

I assume that you're talking about going to train your replacements - is that correct?

Jim

kimberlite said:
that would be correct. Can you speak Southern Bombay? :p
[post="242389"][/post]​

Only halfway - I've got the "Southern" down pat, it's the Bombay (or Spanish) that I don't talk too good..... :D

Jim

They are probably only going as far as Alabammy.......It seems like a third world country.....

The company is going to do it regardless, might as well just accept it....doesn't mean we have to like it.....if current trainers choose to go...it's their choice..no one elses.

I know this will be as popular as a fart in church, but...

Just wondering, how many reservations people in our current facilities are bilingual...?

New markets require new skills, in case you have not noticed, the US is becoming a two language country, and many of our passengers prefer to speak Spanish,, or are only able to speak Spanish.

With growth planned into Central and eventually South America, we would need a fair portion of our res staff to be able to speak thair language...

Welcome to the new world economy. If you feel left behind by the changes, take the time to be ahead of the game instead and learn Cantonese and Mandrin.

Just the other side of the coin, it does not always have to just be about outsourcing....

An article on the future of organized labor deals partially with global outsourcing in the Sunday (January 30) New York TImes Magazine. The main subject is S.E.I.U. Andy Stern and his ideas on reforming organized labor in face of all that is happening.

It's a good article. As a bonus, Buffenbarger of the IAM comes off like an old school buffoon.

BoeingBoy said:
Only halfway - I've got the "Southern" down pat, it's the Bombay (or Spanish) that I don't talk too good..... :D

Jim
[post="242394"][/post]​

spanish is easy i will teach you; cerveza= beer; corto=draft; senorita=available
senora=more available

However if you speak another language i.e. Spanish, and work in Reservations, you do not get compsenated for it. That is only for people working at ATO's.

So there is no incentive to get with the program as suggested, as the program is about getting res offshore.

There was a spanish desk at one time. I think it was closed down during the Wolf era. Maybe some rez people can refresh our memory.

Latest posts