resignations for council

l8rd8r

Senior
Oct 21, 2005
If the resignations hold true we need a strong person. I've flown with him and he knows his stuff. He's dedicated to the cause but, is he strong enough to fight the company for important issues?

The resignation may be a chance for Teri to get votes as her recent fight has put her as a front runner. What are her strengths for the F/A's. We saw how hard she can fight on a personal level but will she do it for us?

Yesterday a conversation with a flight crewmember....he said DP told his f/a's he was working on a plan to drop the date-of-hire senority list in order to give AWA a better more fair senority list. (This is heard on the line with no concrete proof) My point is that we need someone strong on the important issues. Who can that be? Who can the team be???

Yesterday a conversation with a flight crewmember....he said DP told his f/a's he was working on a plan to drop the date-of-hire senority list in order to give AWA a better more fair senority list. (This is heard on the line with no concrete proof) My point is that we need someone strong on the important issues. Who can that be? Who can the team be???
I do not think DP can do that. So, that has to be a rumor that some bitter f/a's have started.

I do not think DP can do that. So, that has to be a rumor that some bitter f/a's have started.

I had thought that since we are suppose to be one company and he the leader that a comment like that would be inappropriate. Ya never know.

Yesterday a conversation with a flight crewmember....he said DP told his f/a's he was working on a plan to drop the date-of-hire senority list in order to give AWA a better more fair senority list. (This is heard on the line with no concrete proof)

100% false.

Andy P. would be great. As for the other two positions...maybe Patti Krogman(sp). I know she isn't interested but she has plenty of spunk. Also, what about John McKorkle??
We need people who will work for EVERYONE and not have personal or hidden agendas of their own. Having full lines of commnication between union members and LEC would save alot of grief.

Andy P. would be great. As for the other two positions...maybe Patti Krogman(sp). I know she isn't interested but she has plenty of spunk. Also, what about John McKorkle??
We need people who will work for EVERYONE and not have personal or hidden agendas of their own. Having full lines of commnication between union members and LEC would save alot of grief.

John? I like that idea...he'd be free to speak without the threat of being fired. And wow would he not be afraid to fight our fight. Great idea. Someone let John know. As for Patti ..whats her back ground?

I think he'd be great in this position!

Of course, there are a few other positions I think he'd be good in too! What a cutie he is!

John? I like that idea...he'd be free to speak without the threat of being fired. And wow would he not be afraid to fight our fight. Great idea. Someone let John know. As for Patti ..whats her back ground?
I know for a fact we can leave Patti out of running for anything having to do with the union. All she wants to do is fly and keep memebers informed on whats going on.

If the resignations hold true we need a strong person. I've flown with him and he knows his stuff. He's dedicated to the cause but, is he strong enough to fight the company for important issues?

The resignation may be a chance for Teri to get votes as her recent fight has put her as a front runner. What are her strengths for the F/A's. We saw how hard she can fight on a personal level but will she do it for us?

DP has no control of the seniority issue. Seniority is a union matter and the AFA Constitution already provides for DOH. Unless the BOD voting delegates move to change or amend the Constitution, DOH will stand...settled last year at the BOD.

I would like to recognize Celine DeLuca for the position of President. She is very knowledgeable and is always on top of the issues. She has been volunteering her time to union work for years. I would like to see her step into the position. I have flown with her several times now and am really impressed with the information that she tells. It is about time that we get someone in to represent us that does not have a hidden adgenda. We need someone who is eithical and cares about all of the flight attendants. The fact that she has done union work for years without being paid for her time speaks for itself.

I would like to recognize Celine DeLuca for the position of President. She is very knowledgeable and is always on top of the issues. She has been volunteering her time to union work for years. I would like to see her step into the position. I have flown with her several times now and am really impressed with the information that she tells. It is about time that we get someone in to represent us that does not have a hidden adgenda. We need someone who is eithical and cares about all of the flight attendants. The fact that she has done union work for years without being paid for her time speaks for itself.
I will agree 100%. I only met her at the LEC meeting, and was extremely impressed. Let's hope she wants to get involved! :up:

After the Resignations were called by LA she really thought or maybe had it planned to take down TG . Well with one more year left in the term do not count TG out VERY VERY impressed with Celine but maybe the old TG can be taught and teach the future Leaders of USAirways . You better have a Tough Cookie in there because DP your threats are Empty take them somewhere else. We have met the best and a sheep in wolves clothing is still the Wolf. Once again I will have to say Who is afraid of the BIG BAD WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree.

She volunteered much of her time in PIT on contractual issues and followed up with everything she would present to the leadership, both LEC level and MEC level. She attended all the meetings, both LEC and MEC meetings. She has no self agenda.

The MEC needs new energy and a new direction.

The MEC needs new energy and a new direction.

Simply stated, while sounding good, it seems silly. It sounds like, well, let's try this cookie cutter a different way, into the same dough.

You make it sound like she is uncontaminated, yet, you proffer credentials that are no different than anyone else.

Just because someone is "unknown" matters not whether that person is competant or will bring about change, as you suggest. While I commend your attempts at "opening doors" to unknowns, perhaps the way to break the ugly cycle we seem to have bought into, perhaps we should temper those with _real_ motivations to do good with new individuals.

I am biased, but I know that TG has always maintained, within the limits imposed by her "bosses", a mentoring program, something I have never seen elsewhere at USAirways. That, in itself, is something worth preserving. It provides an incentive to think globally rather than just for oneself. It is darn hard and there are pitfalls. But, correctable mistakes should be tolerated, if learning occurs, something I have yet to see at this company. It is that lack that helps debase our workplace to the sewer it currently resides.

There is another problem. It is too easy for a novice to buy into the inclusiveness sold by management, or even their own union. It takes someone who can tell mgmt or the union to f*off, even when you feel you might be alone. Then it takes a special person that can forge a working relationship afterwards. That takes training and experience.

I'd like nothing better than someone else to "take the reins", but I also know that would be a crap shoot for the FAs of PHL. You may get a great team, but, as I have been around the bend more times than you, I doubt it.

You want to roll the dice? Fine, T., you have nothing to lose, but what about the rest of the FAs in PHL?