resignations for council

Voting members of the MEC (I think)Should be in the C&B.

page 15 of C&B, letter F.
"In the event a Local Council has no elected officers:
1. the Master Executive Council will appoint a Temporary Local Council President, VP and Sec/Tres until nominations and elections can be conducted in accordance with ARticle VIII.C.1 and E.1 and 2.
This nomination and election process should begin ninety (90) days after the commencement of such appointments."

page 15 of C&B, letter F.
"In the event a Local Council has no elected officers:
1. the Master Executive Council will appoint a Temporary Local Council President, VP and Sec/Tres until nominations and elections can be conducted in accordance with ARticle VIII.C.1 and E.1 and 2.
This nomination and election process should begin ninety (90) days after the commencement of such appointments."
I also read that in the C&B. That language suggests that the entire voting MEC would chose the temporary positions. Does that mean LA would still get a vote in that decision? I guess we shall see what today brings.

TG is a good person. The beauty of her is that she WILL fight for every FA. She will also tell the FA's that abuse the system that they need to shape up. She has a problem with reserves sleeping in their cars and in the crew room, and is passionate about changing that. She has been negotiating and defending for 30 years, and knows her stuff.

Maybe you should hop on a plane, fly to PHL, and meet her. Judging her from a message board is slightly narrow minded..... :blink:

HELLO to all on the TG bandwagon....has everyone forgotten that it was TG who produced a confidential letter from our former MECPs personal file that lead to her recall ?

That was a totally unethical move and I thought she should have been removed from office then....please remember that when singing her praises. Her hands are dirty too. PHL needs new leadership----uh, kind of like Washington. :wacko:

On November 6,2006 at approximately 10:25 I received a phone call from a fellow colleague Roger Holmin who was asked by Mike Flores the MEC President to take over the duties in Philadelphia for 3 months. Well guess what this MF thinks he getting me for free let everyone go out and Recall me. I have 589 votes that truly reflect the will of the people. Get ready I will not resign MF get out of our business. How dare you try to get a man that was worthy of giving to the membership and then was washed out like yesterdays bath water.Everyone on this MEC listen up I will not allow MF OR LA to pit people against one another. CELINE CELINE that is the woman I want but is she ready to wait for a year I believe that she is not greedy or believes inthe other side

Without Laura, Mike Flores could be recalled. He's just hedging his bets with Roger.

I think Mike F. maybe in "panic" mode right about now...anxiety high not knowing where he will fall in all this,when the dust settles.

Simply stated, while sounding good, it seems silly. It sounds like, well, let's try this cookie cutter a different way, into the same dough.

You make it sound like she is uncontaminated, yet, you proffer credentials that are no different than anyone else.

Just because someone is "unknown" matters not whether that person is competant or will bring about change, as you suggest. While I commend your attempts at "opening doors" to unknowns, perhaps the way to break the ugly cycle we seem to have bought into, perhaps we should temper those with _real_ motivations to do good with new individuals.

I am biased, but I know that TG has always maintained, within the limits imposed by her "bosses", a mentoring program, something I have never seen elsewhere at USAirways. That, in itself, is something worth preserving. It provides an incentive to think globally rather than just for oneself. It is darn hard and there are pitfalls. But, correctable mistakes should be tolerated, if learning occurs, something I have yet to see at this company. It is that lack that helps debase our workplace to the sewer it currently resides.

There is another problem. It is too easy for a novice to buy into the inclusiveness sold by management, or even their own union. It takes someone who can tell mgmt or the union to f*off, even when you feel you might be alone. Then it takes a special person that can forge a working relationship afterwards. That takes training and experience.

I'd like nothing better than someone else to "take the reins", but I also know that would be a crap shoot for the FAs of PHL. You may get a great team, but, as I have been around the bend more times than you, I doubt it.

You want to roll the dice? Fine, T., you have nothing to lose, but what about the rest of the FAs in PHL?
Dear Sharktooth,

Simply because someone is "unknown" means that we can at least have a reasonable expectation that she/he is competent.
The "knowns" are known to be incompetent.
Did you comprehend that?

What has TG maintained, who did she mentor, and what happened to them?
They all went down the same path, resignation, with abuse of the system they were to represent.
Yes, that is definitely "worth preserving".

You're an Idiot, that will always be preserved.

It is much easier for an experienced insider to buy into "inclusiveness" than it is for a novice, in any political forum. Why do you think they all keep running for reelection?
I hold an elected office and that is a FACT!

"You want to roll the dice?"

No, H*ll no! Let's just keep the same old Sh*t we have now.
God, I'm so afraid to gamble, based on the current representation.

Competent is spelled with an "e" not an "a".

Are you married to this woman, TG?

Make no mistake, I am not in Terry's fan club.

But one thing is for sure, she started this momentum to oust the LECP for what she clearly saw as unethical, mean-spirited, self centered leadership. Even if the allegations couldn't be proven, which if they were would have been clearly illegal on some level, she needs credit here.

She sacrificed her position by resigning. Without her, you guys would still be stuck with an incompetent, unsophisticated, unprofessional, self serving LECP for the next two years who would be funding her sick bank, and maximizing hours in flight pay unheard of in union or member's earning potential. This LECP was not focused on the f/as and allowed her V.P. and appointee to basically run the local. That's not only irregular but highly unrealistic, and unfair of a burden to place on one person, specifically a base of over 2,000 f/as who have both domestic and International flying. THE ISSUES ARE HUGE IN PHL. The base has the biggest budget, and most certainly can afford more folks to be brought in to volunteer and also receive fpl for their time. Currently, that's not happening, and obviously the LECP does not want anyone to see who is getting paid for what, when, how long, and how often.

I must applaud Terri, regardless of my past opinions, give the girl a break on this issue. I would be shaking her hand right about now if I was there...probably break bread with her as well.

A new slate is about to commence, which will consequentely chage the face of the MEC.
Be happy that PHL gets an early opportunity to clean some house. And if Terry runs again as the LECP and wins...so be it. You all should be assisting each other and supporting one another collectively against managment's mind-set that f/as don't deserve improvements or respect...much of that sentiment comes from a lack of union leadership eneregy, determination, and focus on forcing the company to move in a different negotiating direction. PHL is a huge base and has most of the influence. Use it wisely!!!

When the company approaches a rep and states "nice job", or you do a nice job for your f/as....there is something very WRONG with the rep. Management does not find comfort in those reps who inforce the contract and hold the company accountable.

It takes a DAMN STRONG, UNWAIVERING, VOCIFEROUS LEADERSHIP AND UNITED MEMBERSHIP to change YOUR current course, and managment needs to FEAR the wrath of the union leadership who should have the support of its members. Trust, that when managment fears you...they respect you.

LA is finally gone and it's not a day too soon. :lol: I want everyone to understand that Terri Graf laid down her position that she loved for the better good of this council! You would be hard pressed to find someone so dedicated to the membership and it's truly a loss. But, Laura in true style was playing bully and didn't have the guts to do the right thing, so the result is what we got.
Terri got a standing ovation after her resignation in the room today and it was Laura Albert who lost not Terri Graf. If you see Terri out on the line or in the crew room please thank her for what she did because it was probably one of the most painful things she could have done for the better of this council.
I hope she runs again! :up:

DING DONG THE WITCH IS GONE!
View attachment 5321
View attachment 5322

LA is finally gone and it's not a day too soon. :lol: I want everyone to understand that Terri Graf laid down her position that she loved for the better good of this council! You would be hard pressed to find someone so dedicated to the membership and it's truly a loss. But, Laura in true style was playing bully and didn't have the guts to do the right thing, so the result is what we got.
Terri got a standing ovation after her resignation in the room today and it was Laura Albert who lost not Terri Graf. If you see Terri out on the line or in the crew room please thank her for what she did because it was probably one of the most painful things she could have done for the better of this council.
I hope she runs again! :up:

DING DONG THE WITCH IS GONE!
View attachment 5321
View attachment 5322
Funny, I didn't see it that way at all. I think they all did what was best for the membership.

Without Laura, Mike Flores could be recalled. He's just hedging his bets with Roger.

I think Mike F. maybe in "panic" mode right about now...anxiety high not knowing where he will fall in all this,when the dust settles.
TG is the best...she should have Par Friends job...then this union would get somewhere!!! hang in there TG you are the BEST!!! thanks for all you do for ALL of us!!!

I throw my HAT OFF to Celine Deluca we were supposed to not like one another. She is strong and she is the kind of woman that takes no prisoners. Do not think that I look for anyone to say that Teddy and I did not burn bridges. She did not want to know me and it remains the same for me. I will say one thing for the record she died trying and sometimes its overwhelming .Please all of you who try to spin my words Teddy is alive and thriving and I say Hats off to you Teddy for all the Good things you did irregardless of who acknowledged them . They are but a cloud in the storms you have resolved.........