resignations for council

Andy P. would be great. As for the other two positions...maybe Patti Krogman(sp). I know she isn't interested but she has plenty of spunk. Also, what about John McKorkle??
We need people who will work for EVERYONE and not have personal or hidden agendas of their own. Having full lines of commnication between union members and LEC would save alot of grief.

We need RESERVE representation in there. I love Terri Graff, but we also need some new blood. She should run as Pres. with a VP being a reserve.

We need RESERVE representation in there. I love Terri Graff, but we also need some new blood. She should run as Pres. with a VP being a reserve.
I agree that the reserves in this company need people who are fighting for them, however I don't necessarily agree that a blockholder isn't capable.

There are many, many f/a's in PHL now that have been displaced from PIT that spent nearly their entire 15+ yrs on reserve. Yes, they have a line now, but no one knows better then them. I believe they have a better understanding of reserves, reserve issues, scheduling, the reserve language in the contract, etc, etc. I would have complete faith in a lineholder with 17 yrs who spent 16 1/2 of them on reserve over a 7 yr f/a who is on reserve. Not saying that 7 yr f/a isn't capable, I am just making a general comparison.

Besides that if you limit a position to "reserve" only, what happens when your VP can hold a line, they need to stay bidding reserve? Do you think they are going to want to do that?

I see your point, but there is a big difference between the old system and LTO.
Not sure I see your point. They would have be on the LTO system just as long as everyone else, except the last 6 months because of being displaced to PHL.

I agree that the reserves in this company need people who are fighting for them, however I don't necessarily agree that a blockholder isn't capable.

There are many, many f/a's in PHL now that have been displaced from PIT that spent nearly their entire 15+ yrs on reserve. Yes, they have a line now, but no one knows better then them. I believe they have a better understanding of reserves, reserve issues, scheduling, the reserve language in the contract, etc, etc. I would have complete faith in a lineholder with 17 yrs who spent 16 1/2 of them on reserve over a 7 yr f/a who is on reserve. Not saying that 7 yr f/a isn't capable, I am just making a general comparison.

Besides that if you limit a position to "reserve" only, what happens when your VP can hold a line, they need to stay bidding reserve? Do you think they are going to want to do that?

THANK YOU! RATIONAL THINKING IS ALIVE AND WELL!!!

YOUR NOT TWICE BAKED, YOU'RE THRICE BAKED.
TG JUST RESIGNED AND YOU WANT HER TO RUN AGAIN.

THANK YOU! RATIONAL THINKING IS ALIVE AND WELL!!!
YOUR NOT TWICE BAKED, YOU'RE THRICE BAKED.
TG JUST RESIGNED AND YOU WANT HER TO RUN AGAIN.

I think Terri is great! Why shouldn't she run again?

Did you ever hear the term "take one for the team?"

Terri did just that. She resigned for the good of the membership because they wanted LA out. And, the only way she would resign is to have Terri resign with her.

So, I still am only "twice" baked.

I want Terri in for me. Maybe you don't, but then again that is why we live in a Democratic society.

Terri did just that. She resigned for the good of the membership because they wanted LA out. And, the only way she would resign is to have Terri resign with her.

I want Terri in for me. Maybe you don't, but then again that is why we live in a Democratic society.

THIS WAS A RECALL, SHEIK!
I'M NOT SURE HOW IT TURNED INTO A RESIGNATION, UNLESS LA DUPED TG. THIS UNION BETTER WAKE UP AND TAKE POWER BACK BY IT'S MEMBERS.
OTHERWISE YOU WILL ALL BE DUPED BY THE LIKES OF MF,LA,PF AND ANY OTHER **SH0LE WHO IS ONLY INTERESTED IN POWER AND FURTHERING THEMSELVES

I guess we are just going on at the track record with BH's in there. We might as well put a RSV in as Pres. Put someone in who has lived as a RSV for 17 years, now that is the person who is going to make some heads roll.

Maybe TG could run as Celine's VP. That way, TG's insight would still be there.

I'M NOT SURE HOW IT TURNED INTO A RESIGNATION, UNLESS LA DUPED TG. THIS UNION BETTER WAKE UP AND TAKE POWER BACK BY IT'S MEMBERS.
OTHERWISE YOU WILL ALL BE DUPED BY THE LIKES OF MF,LA,PF AND ANY OTHER **SH0LE WHO IS ONLY INTERESTED IN POWER AND FURTHERING THEMSELVES

I don't believe the RECALL ever went through.

She RESIGNED!

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

100% Wrong. It was a resignation. It became obvious to us that since LA would not step down on her own accord, we had to vote ALL of the remaining officers out. It was the only way to get LA out of office, and begin the process of finding an LECP who is in touch and fights for the membership, instead of fighting WITH the membership. TG and MH were taken down in the process.

What do I hope will happen? I hope TG will run again. Regardless of how you feel about her, she knows her stuff, and can offer a lot of insight to someone who is new to AFA and its workings. She is quite senior, and her years here are numbered, I am sure.

PF and MF are another story.... :blink:

PS: I was really impressed with Celine as well! She knows her stuff! :up:

Perhaps you do not understand the recall process. It is pretty confusing.

Your C&B say two officers need to submit letters requesting a special meeting.(The LECSEC/TRE and LECVP did that) AFA Intl says the C&B does not apply, their own unpublished rules are that it requires a petition with 1/3 of the voting members, just to request a special meeting.

Once the special meeting is convened, a vote is taken whether to send out a recall ballot to every single member of the council who is eligible to vote. Then the ballots are counted to determine whether a recall has occurred.

One cannot recall someone at the drop of a hat, at a meeting. That is a good thing.

TG has well over the "requirement" to put out a ballot to recall LA.

About resignations. Until you have a letter of resignation, I am not certain a verbal resignation carries any legal weight. A resolution to resign is basically a recall improperly executed. One is simply hoping the resignee has enough good sense to go away. I really don't see anything that legally compels them to comply, however.

Recall vs resignation. Two different things.

I doubt TG was duped. She seemed to have placed the welfare of the flight attendents over her own welfare, somewhat unusual for anyone to do these days.

FAs have a horrid reserve system compounded by basically static seniority. Fix that.

Recall or Resignation, PHL will have elections for a new slate of officers. Here's hoping that some RSV PHL F/A's will run ... especially for LECP. The MEC could use a strong reserve f/a voice in that seat.

Recall or Resignation, PHL will have elections for a new slate of officers. Here's hoping that some RSV PHL F/A's will run ... especially for LECP. The MEC could use a strong reserve f/a voice in that seat.
I agree. It doesn't even necessarily have to be a RSV now, maybe someone from PIT who spent 16 years on RSV, as an example. No matter what you say, having everyone involved in AFA with over 30 years of seniority is going to make many junior people uneasy. Plus, those people will not be around forever, and we need to make sure we have a strong Council in place going forward!

You do not have to be a reserve to have a strong voice for reserve issues.

As far as TG putting the membership ahead of herself, yeah I will say reluctantly she did that, after she saw the vote. Her professionalism of yelling and storming out doesn't show me she has the best interest of the f/a's in the forefront. All I got out of her actions were she was pixxed that the recall efforts were coming to an end, she wasn't going to just step up into the LECP position, now if she wants it she will have to run for it along side anyone else who wants it. Thats how it should be, if the membership is so behind her then they can vote her in.

I thought the young lady that was the sec/treas was very professional, she never once raised her voice nor did she jump to her feet. Maybe she should run for LECP.

All in all I think the 3 of them did what was in the best interest of the membership. A recall still could of taken 6 months to a yr, you would still have all the turmoil of them trying to work together not to mention the division of the base. Not a healthy position to be in for the largest base to be in right now.