REVENUE STAND-BY TICKET PURCHASES

I KNOW that HP does not sell revenue standby tickets, and I'm 99pct sure that US does not either (lets face it, if we sold standby tickets to the public, who'd buy regular?).

I am 99pct sure that what happened was no seats were available for her at the time of checkin (due to either overbooking, or possibly due to aircraft swap)on her standard revenue ticket, thus she is added to the requiring seats list (sometimes refered to as standby list, which is a HUGE disservice to the customer.)

PITBull,

If you are (or were) a usair employee, I'd be happy to provide you with our helpdesk number... they could give you a very quick answer to your question.

Someone on these boards took care of it. Many thanks to her.

My daughter did infact buy a one-way space positive ticket and that the STDBY was due to the "restrictive provisions only". OUr mistake. The ticket was not clear. However, she did fly space positive as a revenue pax.

The flight ended up cancelling, but she was put on the DCA flight then to PVD.

Thank you to you wonderful res folks that contacted me and cleared this up.

Love ya, mean it.

Pitbull,

When I worked in rez we had a lot of phone calls on this very issue. When it gives you the rules of the ticket online it appears to say standby, but it is just explaining the standby rule.....she'll be fine.

Hope you have had this cleared up....

All cleared up and just as you said.

Thank you! B)

on a somewhat related, yet not realted note...
I booked a ed20 today through the hub. The price shown per ticket, with all taxes and fee's was $119.00. When I ended, the final amount was 197.00 each! The hub used the wrong fare!!

Now, try to get that straightened out. I call res...got timbuktu, or whatever god forsaken country we outsourced to, and the person didnt know what an ed 20 was.

call too....routhed to ethiopia, or where ever is it we outsourced to.....same luck with that one.

So I thought I would circumvent the system and call consumer affairs. After explaining to the gentleman that the agents in san salv had no idea what I was talking about, I learned that he too was in San Salv.

Everybody I spoke with, I asked if they had a direct number to INT res. Answer times 3 was no.

So, I called the group desk. I dealt with them a few months back, and new they were still state side. The woman had a number for INT...but...offered to help me!!!
She (Denise, the angel, god bless her) took the time to correct the problem. I tactfully tried to explain the problems I encountered with Pakistan, or where ever, and said how wonderful it was to deal with somebody who knew what I was talking about. She said, and can speak english!!!lol I said yeah, I was trying to avoid being that blunt. She said she heres it every day, all day!!

Ok, after all that rambling, bottom line is, to circumvent what ever third world country we have contracted, simply call the group desk. They may or may not be able to help you, but they can hook you up with people who understand what you want!!!!! ahhhhhhh life IS good!

Now imagine how customers feel. Whoever thought outsourcing was the answer was an idiot. Hopefully, this will change.

I have heard a nasty little rumor that rez will not be 100 pct brought back in-house. I hear it will mostly be brought back, which is why the rez positions at the 3 state-side centers are pushing classes as fast as they can, but I'm scared about what areas will remain outsourced.

I have heard a nasty little rumor that rez will not be 100 pct brought back in-house. I hear it will mostly be brought back, which is why the rez positions at the 3 state-side centers are pushing classes as fast as they can, but I'm scared about what areas will remain outsourced.

and till then, passengers hoping to fly to Huntington, WV will still be booked to Hunstville, Alabama... and those wanting to fly to Charleston, WV will be booked to Charleston, South Carolina....

and till then, passengers hoping to fly to Huntington, WV will still be booked to Hunstville, Alabama... and those wanting to fly to Charleston, WV will be booked to Charleston, South Carolina....

We did that too, when I worked in AWA res we booked a lady PHL to PDX when she wanted Portland, Maine which we didn't even fly too and we once booked a lady to Harlingen TX via CAL codes share instead of HNL. It does happen....

Mistakes do happen and on the Hp side its not language or cultural. Its the massive turnover with low wages. If anyone has any doubt they could do a scientific study on "you get what you pay for." My favorite was Christmas '04 when an agent booked a family of 4 from LAX to SJC instead of SJD.(San Jose,CA instead of Cabo,Mexico.) Afterwards an agent sent a message out to "please be careful you could ruin someones holiday." We ended up putting them in F roundtrip just to get them on a plane. I hope that if they keep outsourced agents it will be those that speak spanish. I know this thread has gotten off topic and so I will ask another question to push it further off topic. This is a new question Id like to ask management. Why on earth are using those RTFC instead of FTA's? I took 4 irates in 1 nite and I know its the tip of the iceberg. They are useless due to no availabilty at required class of service. They are the truest disservice to our customers and I am offended that I have to try to resolve ruffled feathers. When asked I gave fon for customer relations and told the customer to be as loud and forceful with them as they were with me to get someone to realize this is a terrible change. Hp side always used the FTA in a dollar amount for ex) 200.00 to induce a customer to take a bump. Many have been used for last minute family emergencies and we made top dollar. Many are never used due to them being lost or forgotten about. Im sure someone has the perecentage that were actually used. But they were usuable on 1 way tkts and on any plane with a seat avail, the passenger just paid the difference if there was one. These RTFC were given and from what I heard airport agents do not realize the difficulty in using them. Some markets will never have availability to trvl and there are severely limited seating in most others. They are also the seats that are used for mileage tkts. If anyone reads this board and can pass this on I would appreciate it.

On the East side they did not like using $ amt vchrs even though they can be given, (usually only TransAtlantic flts) because they have to be factored into the balance sheets, or so I was told as outstanding money. The RTFC are a nuisance as the px are not informed properly by the ATO's (and pse I wouldn't go into great detail about how useless they were either when I am trying to get a flt off, we understand). Then the px thinks they can use them to fly at Spring Break to FL!!

Hopefully this will change.

The only standby revenue tickets we sell would be a full fare Y or F ticket for someone who wanted a shot at getting on at the last minute at the gate. Otherwise, if there isnt a seat to sell, its full.

I agree about the RTFCs, especially with the new $100 fee to change flights and $25 to stand by. We used to advise people to just ticket something and then come to the airport to stand by on other days (usually when the flights were WIDE open, yet no X seats available!), but now thats going to cost them. Wonder how long it takes people to realize the RTFCs arent what they're cracked up to be any more?
I dont like the bidding game with the FTAs that could take place, but I prefer them over the RTFCs. I cant remember one that I've ticketed that hasnt had more money paid to us to exchange them. ie $$$ makers.
Also regarding the agents not advising the customer of all the rules when they issue them..... I turned in a suggestion a year or so ago to print up a booklet with the rules/restrictions for RTFCs and was advised that it wasnt worth it. We have the rules in the computer and we're supposed to tell people all of them while we are soliciting. Uh, yeah, you have time for that as your oversale line (and deals) stretch out the door. Especially with 1- 1 1/2 agents now on a flight. At least HP has a booklet kind of explaining the rules, but not sure if they are still up to date with the switch to RTFCs.
Just keep passing out Customer Relations number for those who arent happy with the policies. Someone will realize somethings wrong soon enough. Hopefully its sooner rather than later.

Yeah, there's a new booklet available with the RTFC rules in it. I have also heard some give VERY strict instructions to let the pax know as they volunteer to plan to use them as far in advance as possible due to limited availability. Rumor has it that is there are enough complaints US will create a new class of service for the RTFC's. (At least, that is what was explained in a class about them...we'll see if that holds true or not.)

Well, I learned something new. I didn't realize there was this change to the travel vouchers!
How 'bout letting the FAs know too? We answer a lot of questions about them on the plane, and sometimes help in soliciting onboard during extreme situations.
I would hate to think I'd been giving out incorrect info, or misadvertising what a passenger would be getting!

It seems to me, if the gate agents were up-front and honest about the restrictiveness of the vouchers during solicitation at the gate, fewer pax would volunteer.
If the company has to pay out enuf cash to invols, they would prob go back to better vouchers pretty quick.

desertgal, One of the reasons that I frequent this board is to learn more about the campany and sometimes my job. Its unfortunate that we are not informed and poor communication is always my biggest complaint. I agree with you that I hate to misadvise a pax. Its a disservice to them, creates a bad feeling about the company in general, and can lead to another employee trying to solve a problem which I have created. I would just love to be well informed. I dont think that its the gate agents fault in not explaining the vouchers. When they would be handing them out its to get the flight out and they need to handle many other things at the same time. Its too complicated to explain quickly. We need to use the FTA's. Reznc, hopefully the HP side can help with the accounting side now that we are one! Compared to scheduling issues I can't see why factoring FTA's would be that hard! LOL